(good) Horror Films discussion

The Creeps

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex DeLarge (new)

Alex DeLarge | 226 comments Great list KD! I need to revisit CARNIVAL OF SOULS since it has been many years since I viewed a dark grainy VHS on a 19 inch TV. The original VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED creeped me out as a kid.

message 2: by Phillip (new)

Phillip island of lost souls, carnival of souls, village of the damned - nice films! i think criterion released carnival of souls a few years ago. i also liked it that they released shock corridor...

i also like that you listed i walked with a zombie - what an original and strange film.

message 3: by Alex DeLarge (new)

Alex DeLarge | 226 comments I just watched Fuller's THE NAKED KISS and as Kelly walks down the sidewalk, we see SHOCK CORRIDOR on the movie marquee. Made me chuckle...

message 4: by Phillip (new)

Phillip oh yeah, session 9...nice stuff.

i like your mind fuck list, vicki jean, you're my kind of woman. i also liked the cell, despite j-lo's presence.

jacob's ladder is an excellent film. still creeps me out.

message 5: by Phillip (last edited Oct 28, 2008 05:21PM) (new)

Phillip it's been a long time since anything creeped me out. that scene in irreversible that we were discussing offended me, sickened me, but it didn't creep me out.

to be honest, i guess i should say that jacob's ladder disturbed me. i'm not even sure anymore what it feels like to be creeped out.

i guess the last time i was creeped out by a film was a few of the scenes in holy mountain. the castration scene comes to mind. that was back in 83...i think.

on another note, sarah palin creeps me out, but she hasn't yet been made into a movie. i'm expecting that to happen shortly, though.

anti-gay marriage supporters creep me out. who the fuck cares who falls in love with whom? or who sleeps with whom? i have no idea why people feel they should exercise control over other people's personal life. i've never understood it, ever.

whoops, sorry for getting off-topic there.

message 6: by Phillip (new)

Phillip kd,
the day after i wrote that post, i thought about videodrome. i just watched it again last year after not seeing it for some time. wow - did it ever hold up.

vicky jean,
you're so in for a treat. actually any of the jodorowsky films (director of holy mountain) are pretty sweet...

natalie,
gee, i can hardly wait to watch the sarah palin movie.
(cringes)

message 7: by Phillip (new)

Phillip natalie,
just watched the link.

oh dear

Tera (TheBookishAbyss) Gotta be honest, I will never be able to see Palin in the same way (not that it was ever good) after watching Tina Fey's impressions of her.

From your list, KD, I especially enjoyed these:
Session 9 (2001)
Nosferatu (1922)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
Evil Dead (1983)
The Innocents (1961)

and my favorite of these is Evil Dead. As a matter of fact, I just picked up Bruce Campbell's biography titled "If Chins Could Kill Confessions of a B Movie Actor" can't wait to have time to read it.

message 9: by Phillip (new)

Phillip yes, that list of kd's was smokin'

evil dead...so nice. that bio sounds great.