Girls Night In discussion

Book 4 Chosen!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Goldberg | 3 comments Hi Ladies,

Sorry it's taken me a while. It's been hard with the new baby and all. But the book that my mother in law recommended is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I added it to my currently reading folder so you can read up on it. I can't promise you that you'll love it, but I do know she is a literary snob. (I mean that to be complimentary). I will stay in touch soon!

xoxo!

Cheryl

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 25 comments Mod
Congratulations on the little one, Cheryl! Thanks for the new pick!

Everyone,
I have added the book to our shelves below... 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society' will be for the month of November, so you still have some time to pick it up before we all start!

The next person to pick a book is Claudia. Claudia, please post your pick by November 15th, giving everyone a couple weeks to buy the book. Claudia's pick will be for the month of December!

Enjoy!

message 3: by Claudia (new)

Claudia | 7 comments perfect, I have 3 books I am taking with me to CR so hopefully I will have one to recommend! lol

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Kutz (LBKESQ) | 3 comments I'm going to pick this up tonight so I can't fall behind this month!

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 25 comments Mod
Ok - It is November 1st! Just a reminder that the book for the month of November is called 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.' If you are choosing to join us and read this month's pick, we are reading it by the end of November, so pick it up soon! Hope you can squeeze it in - it has gotten great reviews!!

message 6: by Rose (new)

Rose (wwwgoodreadscomrose) | 8 comments Don't avoid this book because you think it will be too highbrow... it definitely is not. Very easy to read. And a very quick read... so maybe borrow it from a friend or the library.

message 7: by Claudia (new)

Claudia | 7 comments okay, I am up and need to pick a book. I thought of picking another more in depth novel, but haven't LOVED anything all that much, with the exception of Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I HIGHLY recommend you all to pick it up. I does ignite a childish feeling within, but well worth the read.