paperbackswap.com discussion

What is everyone reading right now?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new)

Jennifer Everitt | 2 comments I just finished reading Vampier Seduction by Raven Hart and I'm reading Beach Road by James Patterson right now.

message 2: by Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:20PM) (new)

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) Right now I'm reading The Bone Garden by Tess Gerritson. no idea what I'll read next, have LOTS to read!

message 3: by Stephanie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:21PM) (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) i'm reading origin in death and die for me.

message 4: by Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:23PM) (new)

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) I have read all of the JD Robb books and love them! especially Roarke because I'm picturing a Pierce Brosnan (younger) type character.

message 5: by Stephanie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:24PM) (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) roarke is awesome. would love to see who would play him if this series went to movies like james patterson. i just started memory in death last night.

message 6: by Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:25PM) (new)

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) I thought I heard that they were going to make this series into a movie but don't know for sure

message 7: by Stephanie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:35PM) (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) i would love for them to make it into a movie or movies....i'm half way through born in death.

message 8: by Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:38PM) (new)

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) you know Creation in Death just came out...I'm on the wish list at the library. like I need another book to read! LOL

message 9: by Stephanie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:41PM) (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) thanks so much for reminding me about that book! it is now on my wishlist in 2 different formats!

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovitch

I'm waiting on the new JD Robb book that is supposed to be out on the 19th

message 11: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Right now I'm reading 'Standing in the Shadows' by Shannon McKenna. So far so good, but only 83 pages in.

message 12: by Nancy (new)

Nancy I wish I could read at work!

How are you enjoying Liz Williams? I have "Nine Layers of Sky" laying around somewhere.

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) at work during lunch I am reading the Oprah book club read (A New World???)

outside of work, I started Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult

message 14: by Deb (new)

Deb Hi hugbandit7 - love your book list you have a lot of books I forgot I had read and will have to add to my list!

I am reading Labyrinth and The Keep - just finished The Jane Austin Book Club.

message 15: by Deb (new)

Deb Anyone read Garden Spells? I have that on my toreadlist but I may have to move it to the top of the list. I have it on my wish at PBS BUT it may take years for me to get a copy - so either the library or buy and trade it on PBS.

message 16: by Peter (new)

Peter | 4 comments I always enjoyed reading historical fiction. Colleen McCullough has a fascinating series out on ancient Rome, and Ken Follette has a best seller available now. I hope people will look for my debut novel, HUNTING THE KING, coming out in April. It has already received great reviews from Booklist and ForeWord Magazine, which said, "The author's best invention may be Molly O'Dwyer, a genuinely likeable heroine who more than holds her own in a man's world. An ambitious scientist, she is also an observant Catholic whose heart and mind don't always agree." In HUNTING THE KING, Molly goes into war torn Iraq to search for the remains of Jesus. There is a wonderful trailer created by my publisher that you can look at on my web site at www.peterclenott.com. I hope you'll take the time to check it out. The book doesn't come out until April but is available now on Amazon. Thanks, and please let me know what you think if yuou have the opportunity. Peter

message 17: by Holly P (new)

Holly P (hlp0221) I'm starting The Winter King (book 1 of the warlord chronicles) by Bernard Cornwell. I meant to start this one about a month ago but got sidetracked when I was granted the Virgin's Lover by Philippa Gregory from my WL. I love her stuff so anything I'm supposed to be reading usually takes a back seat when I can get my hands on one of her books.

message 18: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Right now I am reading Travels With Lizbeth, by Lars Eighner, a chronicle of his three years of homelessness. The author writes very eloquently and with a sense of humor about his friendships, traveling companions, and jobs despite his many hardships. He is a keen observer of people and places and the love he has for his dog, Lizbeth is heartwarming.

message 19: by Shirley J (last edited Mar 20, 2008 09:55PM) (new)

Shirley J (fastreader) Hugbandit7, finished Vanishing Acts today. Enjoyed the characters and the plot much better than The Tenth Circle (probably my least favorite so far). Have you finished the book yet?

message 20: by Nancy (new)

Nancy I'm now reading Kitty Takes A Holiday, by Carrie Vaughn, third in the Kitty Norville series about a werewolf DJ.

This is a fun series!

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) Shirley, just saw your question to me about Vanishing Acts....I finsihed and liked it overall but sometimes when she was skipping between characters it really threw me off. not horribly but enough to be irritating.

I have 2 of her other books to read but need to read some others for a book swap I'm doing so I can have those ready. But am looking forward to trying a few more of her books!

Leslie

message 22: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Nancy --I just finished reading the first three Kiity books too. I am trying to decide whether to buy the last one, or wait for it to come up on my wait list.
right now I am reading Eileen Wilks Mortal Danger. I kinda went about her backwards -- I read her latest book first, and now am going back to the others. If you like the Kitty books I think you would like these too.

message 23: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Rachel, thanks for the recommendation! I am 50 on the wish list for her first book, Tempting Danger.

message 24: by Mysterious (new)

Mysterious | 2 comments Current Reading :

Double Whammy
- Carl Hiaasen

Will be followed, in no particular order

Dexter in the Dark - Jeff Lindsay
The Next to Die- Kevin O'Brien
Last Seen Alive- Carlene Thompson

And some where in there a Birthday Book TBD for a another member of my swapping group.

message 25: by Carole (last edited Jul 19, 2008 09:30PM) (new)

Carole Workman Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris and Wise children By Angela Carter

message 26: by Becca (new)

Becca (creesb22) I'm reading Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult. I am loving it so far.

message 27: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (creativetype) | 1 comments I'm reading:
The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency
Searching for and Maintaining Peace
and
Through a Dog's ear

message 28: by Traci (new)

Traci (faeryprincess) | 2 comments I just finished Marked(House of Night, Bk 1) by P.C. and Kristen Cast. Really liked it. Currently reading Demon's are a Ghouls Best Friend by Victoria Laurie. Next up The Book Theif.