What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Secret Language
This topic is about The Secret Language
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA book, 2 girls, boarding school, costume contest [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erica Poole | 33 comments I remember reading this in late elementary to early middle school. It is about 2 girls in a boarding school (?) that become friends, probably different backgrounds. The scene that I remember the most is one where they have to go to a costume party, I think they dress up as a pair of glasses?? (For some reason I am also picturing a jester's costume, but could be I am mixing that up with something else!) Thanks in advance!

message 2: by CLM (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

CLM | 298 comments I haven't reread this for a long time but is it The Secret Language by Ursula Nordstrom? (I will check with my nieces who just read it this summer).

I do love a good boarding school book!

message 3: by Lisa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments In the book The Secret Language, there is a Halloween costume contest, but the 2 main girls/friends dress up as ice cream cones. Not sure if anyone might have dressed up in those other costumes, or if there was a second costume contest in the book.

message 4: by Erica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erica Poole | 33 comments Thank you, I think this is it! I think that they went through a few costume ideas before settling and I think they might have debated the glasses idea, or someone else did. I appreciate the help folks!