Unnatural Death (Lord Peter Wimsey, #3) Unnatural Death discussion

Mrs. Forrest's car??

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

John Loved this book but I am puzzled by the question of Mrs. Forrest's London car. Given what we discover about the identity of Mrs. Forrest, how could both that car, and the Austin, have been present at the Vera Findlater murder scene?

Chris Hmmm... I have to admit I am not a mystery reader who enjoys figuring out the mystery before it is unveiled by the author. Mystery creates the narrative tension that draws me on but I like the characters best!

LeAnne So does anyone know the answer to the question? I haven't read the book, but I've enjoyed several of her stories on DVD. Haven't found this one.

John After rereading the book I conclude that we must assume "Mrs. Forrest" drove the car there in advance, as part of her murder preparations.

ShanDizzy I think "John's" answer seems the most plausible especially given the mindset of Mrs. Forrest and the fact that no explanation is given in the book. I've read all of LPW/HV mysteries and I absolutely love them. In fact I'm going to start over with the 1st LPW novel (Whose Body?) in 2014 as part of my goal to read 66 books in 2014.

John Yes, I think the detail of the oil stain is the key. It indicates that the car had been parked there for some time. I agree completely with S Dizzy about the merits of LPW/HV mysteries. I find more depth in them on each reread. I think my favourite is Busman's Honeymoon.

ShanDizzy Very intuitive, John, about the oil stain. And Busman's Honeymoon is my favourite also!