twilight lovers! discussion

Books (non-Twilight) > Any other good Teen/Vampire books?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 354 (354 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Renee (new)

Renee (lalalachey) | 61 comments I have read all 4 twilight books 7 times now...and am looking for something else to read. Are the any good teen or vampire books you would recommend to me???

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 1 comments the Dangerous girls books by R L Stine are good, and the vampire plague books by Sebastian Rook are good as well.

message 3: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 1 comments Evernight by Claudia Grey, Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber, Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith, and Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. They are all pretty good reads!

message 4: by Mama'sGurl115 (new)

Mama'sGurl115 it isn't vampire...but "Oh My Goth" is good.....

and..it isn't teen but "I Thirst For You" is good too...if you skip over the sex scenes....

message 5: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 77 comments Blue bloods series by melissa de la cruz...the third one comes out on october 28th i think...

message 6: by Mama'sGurl115 (new)

Mama'sGurl115 ....

message 7: by Renee (new)

Renee (lalalachey) | 61 comments Ok...I have read Vampire Kisses, Vampire Academy, and Vampire Diaries.

message 8: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (vikkitori22) | 3 comments um... i really think Blue Bloods by Melissa de la cruz is good and although its no vampire story i strongly suggest Percy Jackson and the Olympians as well as the Uglies series!

message 9: by Renee (new)

Renee (lalalachey) | 61 comments I was considering reading Uglies! Thanks XD!

message 10: by Jennie (new)

Jennie Hey Renee! I'm in the same boat! I've read the first Vampire Academy and all of the Vampire Diaries. I play to start Vampire Kisses next. I also want to read Evernight, Haunted Lily, Marked, and the Blue Bloods series. I was also considering Uglies!

message 12: by Renee (new)

Renee (lalalachey) | 61 comments Im gonna buy that too! I cant find it at Borders or Barnes and Noble though...

message 13: by Cooper (new)

Cooper Awesome

message 14: by Renee (new)

Renee (lalalachey) | 61 comments Right now, i'm reading The Morganville Vampires Series, Book 1! It's pretty good

♥M♥A♥R♥I♥E♥ (mariehastings) | 41 comments Um, everyone already suggested the books I would've, so Ill stay quiet and try to think of something.

message 16: by Raylisha (new)

Raylisha | 9 comments um high school bites i guess.......

message 17: by Renee (new)

Renee (lalalachey) | 61 comments lolz

message 18: by Mama'sGurl115 (new)

Mama'sGurl115 Vampire Kisess and Vampire Diaries!? titles like his exist n the world!? why doo i feel like their trying to convert PrincessDiaries to vampires!? lol....

message 19: by Randi (new)

Randi | 10 comments Its not about vampires but Secret Circle by L.J Smith is really good (author of vampire diaries)

message 20: by Zia (new)

Zia the House of Night series is really good. theres four of them and a fifth one coming out next march.

message 21: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) I love this novel called Bloodline. It's so great, it's about a boy in WW2 who's commanding officer is a descendent of Dracula. I hope you'll choose to read it! :D

-Dylan

message 22: by Tara (new)

Tara Actually, The Vampire Diaries was originally published in 1991, so if anything, Princess Diaries is the copycat . ;)

♥M♥A♥R♥I♥E♥ (mariehastings) | 41 comments I'm so blank, I can't think of anything.

message 24: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurabo13) hmmm lets see okay i have lots of non vamp related books!

hhmm lemme think

all of the Fear Street books

the clique series

uh well it depends on your genre of reading i like everything tho!

message 25: by Iroquois (last edited Nov 23, 2008 03:01PM) (new)

Iroquois (iroquoisgirl) it's not about vamps, but they're REALLY good:
Wicked Lovely and Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr are 2 books about faeries, but not in the disneyfied way of today; the faeries in these books r brutal & crazy like the old folklore of Ireland/celtic tales. It's a great story! there's a love story in them too.

message 26: by Karina (new)

Karina I can recommend a whole bunch of non-vampire related books.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

<3 House of Night
also, The Cirque du Freak Series by Darren Shan (or, if you live in the UK or Ireland, it's called The Saga of Darren Shan) A little gory (um actually very gory...) but REALLY good!!!

message 28: by Kami ♥ (new)

Kami ♥  C. | 27 comments I've read a lot of good vampire books. Like:
1. Vampire Diaries (almost as good as Twilight)
2. Look for me by moonlight (really good too)

here are some non vampire books but are a mystery. I'd give both of these a 4 and 1/2 out of a 5.
1. Ghosts of Mercy Mannor
2. Black for Remembrance.
3. Books by Lois Lowry (Giver, Messanger, number the stars, and many more)

I suggest all of them!

message 29: by Karina (new)

Karina Lois Lowry is a good writer. I like her books. Try Scott Westerfeld, he's amazing, in my opinon.

. Gone by Michale...I forgot his last name, but he's in my books.
.Maximum Ride by James Patterson is a pretty good series.
.The Chornicales of Narnia are also good. Hmm. I guess I'd suggest for you to read anything that I have in my book section.

message 30: by Kami ♥ (new)

Kami ♥  C. | 27 comments yeah she is a way good writer. Scott Westerfeild didn't he write ugly series? i haven't read that series it seemed boring to me!

message 31: by Karina (new)

Karina he did. i didn't like that series as much, but i really enjoyed The Midnighters and the New York seires. Those were really good.

message 32: by paola. =) (new)

paola. =) (xxkikiroxx) | 3 comments anne rice is awesome.but idk if thats really teen-ish

message 33: by No.i (new)

No.i (kairi) | 18 comments how about vampire knight?

message 34: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) OMG, Miku Vampire Knight is amazing. It's like Twilight, but bloodier!!! A must read manga!!! :D

message 35: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Richards (livrich) | 1 comments Chao! Haven by Olivia Richards

new vampire romance for young adults

Cooper Harlow always knew what the future held for her, a life of fighting crime. In her world she knew right from wrong until she fell in love with what she was supposed to kill: a vampire. When her enemy Michael kidnaps her younger sister, Cooper learns an interesting secret that could not only destroy herself but the whole world as she knows it. Frustrated about finding out the truth, Cooper sets out on her last job: bringing her sister home and protecting the world as she does it.

message 36: by Sam (new)

Sam I am completely obsessed with vampire books but all the vampire books I read are already here. There is a series that isnt like twilight but its good The Chronicles Of Vladimir Tod. First book is called Eight Grade Bites, and the second is called Ninth Grade Slays. The author is Heather Brewer. Theres also You Suck but its not so... teenish?

message 37: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (twilighter4life) | 14 comments I like the blue blood series by Melissa De La Cruz and I'm reading the Marked series by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast and its really good it addicting good books for twilight readers

message 38: by Sara (new)

Sara Trzos (MrsSaraCullen) | 3 comments Blood and Chocolate

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

there is this one manga book series i like called 'Vampire Knight', its like a comic book but it still counts as a book, and you can buy it at walmart and barns n noble.

message 40: by Emma (new)

Emma | 7 comments "Evernight" by Claudia Gray. the 2nd book "Stargazar" is coming out later this year.

Vampire Knight is great! you can watch it at http://www.animecrazy.net/category/co...

I'm in the process of reading the "Vampire Kisses" series and so far I like it very much.

Shadowsesshoumaru325 | 1 comments omg!!!!
has no one heard about MARKED, BETRAYED, AND CHOSEN???????????

message 42: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Coudriet (mandyrae) I am getting ready to start marked I cant wait I hear nothing but good things about it.

message 43: by Beth (new)

Beth (Bethloveyou) | 3 comments omgggg Read Marked and the others! they are soooooo good. and my friend said Night World is really good, too

message 44: by Kara (new)

Kara (krwriter) | 4 comments I'm a teen librarian at my public library, and here are some good "Twilight readalikes"/good teen vampire fiction I've run across:
Vampire Diaries (series)
Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side
City of Bones (series)
Marked (series)
Blood and Chocolate
Vampire Kisses (series)
Vampire Academy (series)
Sucks To Be Me
Boys That Bite
I'm currently reading Jessica's Guide To Dating on the Dark Side and it's pretty good so far, and has quite a few similarities to Twilight (girl falls in love with vampire, love triangle, etc.)

message 45: by Pat (new)

Pat | 1 comments Mandy Rae wrote: "I am getting ready to start marked I cant wait I hear nothing but good things about it."
I think it is a very good series.
I just finished Hunted and am now going to have to wait for the newest one to come out in October. That really bites.

message 46: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 5 comments Kelley Armstrong has a Woman of the Otherworld series. Her story lines move between werewolves, vampires, demons and witches. Fabulous series.

Also, Patricia Briggs has the Mercy Thompson series and book three has her dealing with some pretty interesting vampires.

message 47: by Emily (new)

Emily | 3 comments I have read:
House of night
Morganville Vampires
Vampire kisses
Twilight
Blue Bloods
and loved all of them (like A LOT)

message 48: by Payge (new)

Payge (wannabeBellaCullen619) | 3 comments I just finished reading the Mortal instruments trilogy by Cassandra Clare( aka. City of; bones, glass and ashes) and those were almost as amazing as twilight. I'm definetly liking too many fictional guys ;)
Also i'm currently reading the Night World series and it is alo amazing. I can't say its as good as twilight or the Mortal instruments series because it feels very ametuerish but still amazingly good :)

I hope i helped :P

message 49: by Alex (new)

Alex | 1 comments all of the above and also
Sunshine - Robin McKinley It's not teen but its a great vamp read!

message 50: by Anna (new)

Anna | 3 comments night world by l.j smith. (go to her web site for the correct order)
vampire diaries by l.j smith
vampire academy series by richelle mead
blue blood series by (forgot)
angel by David Greenwalt, Joss Whedon
strange angel series by lil st crow (although not sure if it is really bout vamps)
the chronicles of vladimir tod by Heather Brewer (guy's view)
jessica's guide to dating on the dark side by Beth Fantaskey

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8