Ridley Read Green - Glass Castle discussion

Glass Castle- Jon Review

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JonnyBoi_Lt Colonel (last edited Oct 22, 2008 10:58AM) (new)

JonnyBoi_Lt Colonel (JonnyBoi_LtColonel) | 1 comments This book is very interesting, it may be profound as "Difficult to understand" but this book is mixed with a sense of humor, insanity, and some types of drama involved with the family. I would review what I've read from the book so far, a 4.5 out of 5. It's kinda strange how the father is so connected with his children, and is always concerned with them and wants the best for their safety. Why would he take her from the hospital when she had burns from when she was cooking hotdogs, at the age of 3, and recieved burns from the fire racing up her dress and disintegrating it. Also another thing that happened, is that the daughter of the father was in a fight with a few mexican girls, her brother jumped in before the fight to support her sister, but when she got home, her father saw how she looked and asked how did it go. Strange way of showing care for his daughter.

message 2: by Sean (new)

Sean I would agree with some of the statements from above that deal with the odd way on how the dad shows his love for his daughter, but I don't personally like this book too much. It can get kind of boring.

message 3: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 1 comments This book is outrageous. Now come on who lets a little three year old girl cook hotdogs on a stove byherself??? The Glass Castle is a book that allows your self to get hooked in and have the urge to keep readig on.

message 4: by Viet (last edited Oct 22, 2008 11:17AM) (new)

Viet Nguyen | 3 comments I really enjoy this book because you can't predict what happen next. There are twist and turns that may shock you.