Modern Mommies discussion

General > I'm Back

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Santina (new)

Santina (littlesaintina) | 292 comments Mod
Sherry thanks for the email. I thought I would post an update to everyone.

Sorry I haven't been around, things did get busy when school started , but it's been other issues keeping me away from the computer.

My father passed away (only 52) and I was travelling back to my home province, which is on the other side of the country. No sooner did I return, than my husband's Aunt passed away and he was travelling to the east cost.

For some reason, I don't know if I'm just tired or what, but I can't seem to get caught up on what I'm behind on, and all I want is to get ahead so I can have a day of rest. I swear if only I had a maid and chef service for about a week I would be fine.

I think my next vacation I will spend my money on that. Stay home and have someone cook and clean for me for a week. Ahhh that sounds better the more I think of it. After all you return from vacation only to be behind on everything again.

I hope you are all doing well, I see a few newcomers, I want to wish you all a warm welcome.

To end on a funny note, yesterday while the midwife was listening for the baby's heart beat, (s)he kicked the doppler. Pretty good aim too.

Talk to you soon,

Santina

message 2: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Santina,I'm so sorry about your Dad, but I'm relieved that all is well with you and the baby.

I think that having someone cook and clean is my ultimate fantasy(#1 is winning the lottery!)

message 3: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 35 comments My ultimate fantasy is winning the lottery so I can afford to have someone cook and clean for me too.

Santina my deepest condolences. I lost my Dad 3 years ago. I know how hard it is.

message 4: by Shea (new)

Shea | 346 comments Santina,
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am happy that you are back home safe and sound and hopefully things will settle down for your family and you will get a chance to rest. Take care of yourself and your tiny cargo!

message 5: by Mona (last edited Oct 24, 2008 12:03PM) (new)

Mona | 72 comments Santina,

I am so very sorry to hear about your Dad. My prayers are with you and your whole family as you go through this difficult time. I wish there was more I could say to help you, but just know if you need to talk, we are all here for you.

message 6: by Sera (new)

Sera I'm sorry to hear about your dad and aunt, Santina. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

message 7: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (momof4boys) | 30 comments Hi Santina. Sorry to hear about your dad. I'm glad you're still able to see the funny side of life. I'm amazed at your strength. Hang in there...."this too shall pass"

message 8: by Santina (new)

Thanks a lot Moms for all the warm wishes. It's nice to be back.

message 9: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 35 comments We missed you!

message 10: by Santina (new)

aww thank you.