If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (If You Give...) If You Give a Mouse a Cookie discussion

The Book

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

9catherineb This book is so adorable. I still remember it from when I was little, so I must have thought it was pretty amazing.

message 2: by Anca (new)

Anca I am a teacher and I can say that children are absolutely charmed by this book- if read properly, it stays in their memories and they ask for it to be read over and over again!

Cindy I like this book too. I read this book to kindergarden and they love it!

Cindy and one of my friend likes this book very much too!

Smitha My son has this book. I too love it. Very nice jingle and illustrations

Cindy happy that you enjoy it

Robin I like how the book follows into the mouses antics and it gets back to if you give a mouse a cookie. The illustrations are adorable too.

Sierra Bookworm☺️♪ this is a book from my childhood! i love it!

Robin this is a cute book.

message 10: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara I read it in grade 3 and we had to write a story like this book,it was totally fun starting with a sentence and ending the story with that sentence again(I mean the circle story)

Charity U I'm a teeenager and still love this book!

message 12: by Lisa (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Anca wrote: "I am a teacher and I can say that children are absolutely charmed by this book- if read properly, it stays in their memories and they ask for it to be read over and over again!"

Yeah, I wish I had someone else read it to me because I really like it now. Whoever read it to me when I was young really didn't make the book that exciting.

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) LOVE IT!!!!!! And I like cookies. :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm pretty darn sure that this book should be considered a classic. Mainly because I think it is...

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Just like If You Give a Moose a Muffin should be considered a classic as well

Robin Love this book!

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Everyone is saying that!

Charity U Everyone is very wise... ;)

Tonileg I must have read this book to my children at least 100 times. The pictures are so rich with detail that you see something new the first 50 times you read it. LOL.
Definately a winner!

Charity U So totally agree. :)

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Charity wrote: "Everyone is very wise... ;)"

That is true too.

Cindy :D it is really cute book and it's so funny~!

Celestia I know y people are asking and asking for this book to read for classes at schools...

Celestia ...and + they love it

Celestia I <3~heart This Book So Much!

Cindy haha lol~!

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) :) (Don't know what to say... Everything about the book has been said...)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Diana wrote: "funny how a kid's book can be so awesome"

So totally agree with you there!

Ambika I agree with u all I too love this book.

Elizabth Herrnadez i know rite i love this book becuase i always trick the teacher with them i love them i have all the books omg!!! i love evermore and blue moon books the MOST!!!!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Charity wrote: "I'm a teeenager and still love this book!"

Amen! I still love most things targeted towards kids.

Maria B. Quagliana Charity wrote: "I'm a teeenager and still love this book!"

mee too

Maria B. Quagliana i wish i had this book right now. i had it red to me in liek 1st grade, and i still sorta remember it. i dont rly remember the other ones tho. i think i remember the one with the pig.

Julia Dezotell I loved reading this book as a kid

message 40: by Martina (new)

Martina Scott :')

message 41: by Martina (new)

Martina Scott cute!

message 42: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994 I still love this book. Great memories :)

Kevin Flink i read this book when i was 5 and i loved it so i had my parents drive to the store to get me it and i still have it today

Isabella Tugman - Audiobook Narrator Loved the book when I was a kid. I also had the cookbook, and the recipes were simple and delicious!

I still remember the peanut butter cookie recipe...all it was was a cup of peanut butter and a cup of sugar!

message 46: by Mia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mia OMG, I didn't know there was a cookbook tied to this! That's so cute.

This was one of my fav picture books as a kid. And I'm so happy my daughters love it too. When I was first buying books for my kids I had to take a trip down memory lane and think about books that really made up my own childhood. If You Give a Mouse Cookie was the first book I thought of.

message 47: by Ella (new)

Ella Love it, it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny

Kathleen i am a student and i love this book it is one of my favorite kids stories

Crystal my brother couldnt stop reading this book and the other ones like it. CHARMING!