The Fires of Heaven (The Wheel of Time, #5) The Fires of Heaven discussion

Why?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raymond (new)

Raymond The title reminded me of Mary Renault's Fire From Heaven, which I may, or may not have read in my formative coming out years. Had to check the title.

I say may or may not because I read many of Ms. Renault's books, back then. Generally, as I remember, I was satisfied.

Teresa Maybe there was a mix up. Someone not paying attention to the fact that this particular "Fires of Heaven" is fiction.

Roland Boykin OK, I'm new here. Could someone explain to me what "9/11 fiction" means?

Akivac I'm assuming it means fiction about someone destroying towers. Never heard the term before, and I have no idea why this book iis classified under that heading, 'specially since I've read it and only 1 tower gets destroyed.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Akivac wrote: "I'm assuming it means fiction about someone destroying towers. Never heard the term before, and I have no idea why this book iis classified under that heading, 'specially since I've read it and on..."

Well, Rand's spy tower and the White Tower's continual split. ;)

Not that i'm arguing it should be labeled under 9/11 fiction, which is both insensitive and inaccurate.