Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Disappointments...so many disappointments, so little time

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,029 (1029 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments What has disappointed you lately?

(Besides yourself, your friends, and your family...that's a given)

I'm disappointed by the new season of "Chuck" on NBC. I get the feeling the writers don't know what the hell they're doing this year.

I'm disappointed that the local theaters either only run "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" in the afternoon or not at all. I can only go to movies later at night.

I'm disappointed that my students are scared of gcast/podcast software. You're in your college! You can figure it out.

These are minor inconveniences, mind you. I'll live:)

message 2: by Gåry! (new)

Gåry! (garyneill) I'm disappointed that Dewey was abandoned on the coldest day of the year.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) He could have died!!!

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I heard it worked out pretty well, though.

I'm disappointed that I don't know what a fashionable, smart, chic "on the pulse" girl is craving. I guess I could click and find out.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Gary, you're my favorite. Today.

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Anthony, I think it's a Honda. Did you know you can lease a 2009 Accord Sedan LX for $229 per month?

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) No, wait. I was wrong. It's free groceries from stopandshop.com.

message 8: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 347 comments Oof.... Petra that really sucks. I'm sorry!

message 9: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) RA, I'm with you on the new season of Chuck. I saw the 1st 2 episodes, and I have the remaining episodes up to date on my DVR...and I've felt it's been pretty eh so far. Somehow, every show I tend to watch from the first season tends to suck come Season 2. It happened with My Name is Earl, and it happened with Desperate Housewives. Yes, I just admitted I used to watch Desperate Housewives. I'm hoping Season 2 of Flight of the Conchords doesn't bite when it premieres in January.

message 10: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 347 comments RA, Gus- I don't know that Chuck has it in it to improve. I mean, Nicole Ritchie as a guest star? That is disappointing. No one should ever decide that woman is cast-able.

I would be saddened and surprised if the 2nd season of Flight of the Conchords doesn't live up to the greatness of the first season. I just rewatched the "racism" episode- where they end up harrassing the Aussie embassy- last night and it was just as hilarious as the first 12 times I saw it.

message 11: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I'll probably keep checking on Chuck because of Sarah. She is smokin'.

I'm still working through season one of Flight of the Conchords...I dig it.

(And Gus, I check in on Desperate Housewives, too.)

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 22, 2008 02:54PM) (new)

The mutha ucka runs a racist uckin’ grocery
The mutha ucka won’t sell an apple to a Kiwi
The shi- fight’s gonna get vicious and malicious
Cut the cra- …
I need my red delicious
Tells me as a Kiwi that my money isn’t valid
Gonna dice the mutha ucka like a mutha uckin’ fruit salad
Then… … Granny Smith… …
…an avocado… … b-… -a… …
…a mango… …
Then pop an apple in his ass, yeah!

http://flightoftheconchords.freeblog....

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Talk about synchronicity... I just watched that episode TODAY!!!!!!!

My favorite was the LOTR episode. That video was priceless.

message 14: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17347 comments Mod
My favorite will always be "Foux Da Fa Fa" love it love it love it. I wanted another couple to dress up with us like them last year...sigh. I always have post-Halloween remorse years after a pop icon is passe. I want one of those little tilty things on my e right up there. Imagine it. K? Good.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Sally, Foux de Fa Fa is my favorite, too!

Baguette, honh honh honh!

message 16: by Sally, la reina (new)

You have to be what is called my wing man.

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) HA!!!!!!!

message 18: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) You are all decidedly too up-beat for a disappointment thread! I was excited to see this topic, thinking I had finally found a thread that fit my mood, complete and utter disappointment. And, there you all are, yucking it up. I am severely disappointed in you.

What else has disappointed me? Uh, where to begin...The last book I read (that I waited over a year for) was shit. My best friends are no longer going out of town for Thanksgiving, so there goes my chance to escape my least favorite holiday of the year (worse than Columbus Day...really.). This morning I had to kill a spider, a disgusting, albino, fat bodied, blood sucker, in my bathroom. After I'd smooshed it with a box about the size and weight of a brick, I panicked and dropped the box (Because, maybe I didn't get him and he was going to crawl up my arm, of course.), it knocked a bunch of shit in the sink and broke my retainer. So, now I'll have to go back to the dentist. I am disappointed, because I had been working very hard to avoid the man. (Though, if I can find waterproof crazy glue today, I'll still procrastinate it...I don't even care if it's toxic.) I buy these fucking lottery tickets twice a week, every week, and have I won yet? NO! I could go on, but it's just a lot more of the same.

I'm going outside to smoke now.

message 19: by Gåry! (last edited Oct 23, 2008 10:39AM) (new)

Gåry! (garyneill) I'm disappointed with self-appointed representatives of the conservative right who run away when not immediately patted on the back for making a valid point and oh, you completely changed my mind on that issue... What are we thinking?! trying to treat different humans equally. That's why they're called differences after all.

Disappointment pervades my being.

OK, it's gone.

message 20: by Sally, la reina (new)

I'm often disappointed with myself for canceling on invitations. People have dubbed me "No Show Sally" for this reason too. I get home and don't want to go back out again, or I spend all day gearing up to go out and then in the hour before we go I invent some drama and make it impossible to go anywhere. It's not a nice habit of mine, and I'm not proud, but I trust you peeps, so I'm sharing.

message 21: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Yes! I hear you, Sally. I am the king of ditching social invitations.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Not me. I can't say no. I always go.

message 23: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Liar!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Wha? Do you mean that one time when you wanted me to go out with PDX goodreaders and I couldn't? I had other plans! I went out with you the next time!

message 25: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I tried to get you to go a couple of times. It wasn't until Princess Charissa was in town that I managed to get you out!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I only remember the once! I was dating the conspiracy theorist--busy!

What I mean is, wanna hang out, Amelia?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe you told Steve to pass on the info to me and it never got to me?

message 28: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Course, whenever.

Ah, I have to conceed, that may be true.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, it is coming up on the best beer season for Portland, Amy! The porters and stouts are arriving at every tap in town (can't you just taste the vanilla porter and oatmeal stout right now?). Let's have a beer night (or whatever you drink, of course). We'll get Steve to come along! No Princess Charissa required!

message 30: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) A pub crawl through No Po? :)

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay!

Books Ring Mah Bell vanilla porter...

MMMMMM.

I might have to hop a plane and intrude.
YUM!

message 33: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Any time, Bellsy, any time!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, Bells!

Amelia, I told Steve that you wanted to do a NoPo pub crawl. He said, "Am I invited?" and I said, "Yes." and he said, "Oh, so you guys are picking a week night!"

So, do week nights work for you?

message 35: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Ummmm, well, not quite so well. I guess it depends on the night. What's he thinking?

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

He works weekends. We can protest, Amy!

message 37: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) So, we work weeks! Why can't he go out after work then? Two against one, Mo...it's two against one! Plus, girls are more adept at getting their way, it's genetic.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Good point.

message 39: by Sally, la reina (new)

My sister gave me a yellow dress that has done nothing but disappoint me this week.

message 40: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Was the gift the disappointment? Was the gift recent? Is the dress sentient?

message 41: by Sally, la reina (new)

She didn't like it not one bit so it was either me or ARC. It is vastly clingy and not a little bit see through.

message 42: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments You wanted it to be see-through?

message 43: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments not a little bit = a lot

message 44: by Sally, la reina (new)

No I had hoped it would be less see through on me than it was on her.

message 45: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Gotcha.

message 46: by Louise (new)

Louise I'm a little disappointed, my husband and I got a gift voucher for christmas for a "romantic night out" with two cinema tickets and a café voucher.
We hired a babysitter and went out yesterday, and saw Pirates 4, which was great fun, only the café turned out to be a really low life tavern, stinking of beer and smoke, and with a bunch of guys shooting pool, playing slots, watching football and shouting.
Not quite my idea of a romantic setting. The nearest other café where we could use the voucher was ½ hour drive away, so we just went home.

message 47: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i'm disappointed in the cubs. imagine that

message 48: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments That's too bad Louise, hope the next time turns out better. Glad you liked the movie though.

message 49: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11703 comments Elizabeth Warren not heading up that consumer protection bureau.

message 50: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments I am disappointed to know that, despite the fact that nearly all of my work today involves the internet, when they cut the network out for the next few hours I still have to be in the office.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.