What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Ugly girl wanting to be beautiful

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharda' (new)

Sharda' (devil_n_blue) | 1 comments I can't remember the title or the author of the book for the life of me. If I did I wouldn't be having such a hard time trying to find the book...

I remember it's about a girl who when she was little she fell into this bush and the plants were acidic or something like that so it ruined her face. So she grows up looking really ugly and is later kidnapped by these pirates. Someone old takes care of her on the ship after discovering that she's actually a girl and convinces everyone else that she's a boy so she doesn't get hurt.

Later on she meets a guy who falls in love with her for her personality and not for her looks but she ends up leaving him to get her face back to normal.

It's suppose to be the first volume of the book and I think it has to do with something 'yellow'... not sure.

Oh also the people in this story goes from place to place on this floating brick things or whatever that are located under the horse carriage or something like that. I think I remember the main character and a boy playing with one of the floating bars in like the loading dock of a castle or something.

message 2: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (libraryleo) | 13 comments Sharda, could this be your book?
The Ill made mute?The Ill-Made Mute

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 55 comments when did you read this? when do you think it was written? what age level?

message 4: by M— (new)

M— | 379 comments I think it's The Ill-Made Mute for sure.

message 5: by HeavyReader (new)

HeavyReader | 450 comments I'm going to bump this to the top so Sharda might see that suggestions have been made. (I tried to send her a message, but she's set up so I couldn't.)

message 6: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 149 comments It's probably the Ill-Made Mute, but just in case, what about Fairest?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40196 comments Mod
Sharda, was it The Ill-Made Mute?

message 8: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5224 comments No response in almost five years.