IPS, 1st & 5th period discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2nd Six Weeks > Week 3

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Woollven (jwoollven) | 15 comments Mod
Describe the major conflict of your book? If nonfiction, describe what your book will help you do.

message 2: by JoeyShaw (new)

JoeyShaw | 13 comments the main character wacko curran robbed an armored truck without giving a cut to the head honcho, Marty Fallon

Jacob lindegren | 30 comments Stanley was sent to a boys camp for bad behavior. and he doesn't understand why. he was sent there for a crime that he didn't committ. he's starting to get used to digging huge holes. it will help me by knowing that things just happen sometimes but you just have to do whats right

message 4: by Jean Doan (new)

Jean Doan  | 22 comments the conflict in my book is they are going through the civil war, my book helps me look at both perspectives not just one.

message 5: by Yareli DePaz (new)

Yareli  DePaz | 24 comments The major conflict of my book, is that David the main character, is a foster child, and David experiences the instability of moving in and out of five different homes. He thinks that all foster kids are trouble, and unworthy of being loved just because they are not part of a real family.

message 6: by Katie Ridgway (new)

Katie Ridgway | 21 comments The main character, Margret Lea (a biographer), is unaware of what's really going on in Vida Winters (an authors) life, one twist in the story is that Vida Winter had never told the truth about her life. But as the story unfolds Margret learns about weird twists in Winters. It's kind of hard to pin down one "major conflict" because there are tons of minor ones that lead up to the Major One.

message 7: by Justice Snoddy (new)

Justice Snoddy | 17 comments The main conflict in my book is destroying he empire and galbatorix

message 8: by Marcus Wimbley (new)

Marcus Wimbley | 27 comments The main conflict is about the history of Islam and why we are experiencing these problems

message 9: by Cindy Jaimes (new)

Cindy Jaimes | 16 comments The conflict in my book is the main character got lost on this island and has no way to get home. He's met a couple of friends but they can't help him get home.

message 10: by Kaitlyn Sughrue (new)

Kaitlyn Sughrue | 14 comments There are a few major conflicts in my book, but the main one is the conflict between Raeanne and Kaeleigh whom are twins; Raeanne is constantly jealous.

message 11: by Mary Ann Munoz (new)

Mary Ann Munoz | 24 comments The conflict of my book is that the main character, D' Artagnan, had his letter stolen by a gentleman.

message 12: by NicholasRequejo (new)

NicholasRequejo | 17 comments My book is in two parts. In the first part the major conflict was Louis learning how to be a vampire. Louis has had to learn what he can and can't do, and which myths about vampires are actually true or just a simple myth.

message 13: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas | 5 comments the major conflict of my book is that someone knows something that their not supposed to know, in this case its the governor daughter and someone is stalking her.This book will help me to trust nobody.

message 14: by Tiyanna (last edited Oct 21, 2008 07:24AM) (new)

Tiyanna  Dozier | 23 comments The major conflict in my book is Detective Alex Cross and his partner are trying to catch a psycho serial killer.

message 15: by Aj Martinez (new)

Aj Martinez | 9 comments My book is about fathers that don't live with their child. It teaches you ways to control your temper and teaches you to stay away and fight depression you might have from the mother of the child. It teaches you ways to process everything. and still have a great time connecting with your child or children.

Armando Rodriguez | 11 comments In my book, it follows a slew of characters stories, the main conflict in this story is that there is an alliance between Obould the king of a thousand orcs and Gerti, a frost giantess. The evil alliance resides south of the Spine of the World in the frost hills. The alliance is becoming known slowly to those in Mithral Hall and nearby towns and it will be up to the soon-to-be-king of Mithral Hall, Bruenor, and his gang including but not limited to Drizzt, Catti-Brie and Wulfgar to bring justice upon the evil that is exponentially growing near Mithral Hall.

message 17: by GilbertGarza (new)

GilbertGarza (grok04) | 15 comments The major conflict in my book is the main character is trying to get away from other gangs and trying to become the top dog of all the other street gangs.

message 18: by Terron Ross (new)

Terron Ross | 16 comments The major conflict in my book? Well Bobby Pendragon was warped to a alternate dimension and landed smack dab in the middle of the civil war taking place in that time period.

message 19: by Betsy Miranda (new)

Betsy Miranda | 22 comments The major conflict in the book im reading is that O'Brian who is also the antagonist struggles with his own feelings of guilt & hatred, due to him reporting to the draft.

message 20: by Ben Ontiberos (new)

Ben Ontiberos (beno) | 27 comments The destruction of knowledge and the overwhelming power of ignorance. The book allows one to realize the significance of obtaining knowledge and opening one's eyes to the world.

message 21: by Carolina Reyes (new)

Carolina Reyes (carolinareyes) | 25 comments The major conflicts in the book is that everyone is fooled that life how they live is how it should be and nothing should be said. But Jonas now having the memories from the past wants to do something about it but he only has the support of his mentor.

Ismail menasterly | 18 comments the major conflict of my book is about a boy named Artemis fowl trying to get back a cube that he created from fairy technology

Elizabeth Rodriguez | 27 comments Packy Noonan placed his priceless diamonds worth about $80 Million that he scammed from lottery winners. hidden in a tree located in Stowe, Vermont about thirteen years ago before he was put in prison. Now out of prison he went to go get the diamonds the tree is gone on it's way to New York for a Christmas event were it will be displaced along with the diamonds in side no one is aware of but Packy.

♪♫3rik  ♪♫ | 24 comments since my book is not fiction) (the young man in a sea)
the 12 year old skiff beamen, tryes to get better every day he goes fishing, and prove others that young people like him can do chalenging experiences of fishing, not just older people he is proving that he cen do it.
the major conflict of this book is when they start to search for the big fish on the sea

message 25: by Ashleigh trent (new)

Ashleigh trent | 23 comments I'm not really sure what the conflict of my book is because there are quite a few. I think the main conflict is whether Hyster Prynne should suffer alone with the shame of adultery or should she tell who the father of Pearl is so he can bare the shame with her.

message 26: by Vincent Mojica (new)

Vincent Mojica | 21 comments its about a man named Marko Ramius who is on a sumbraine called red october.thats like a typhoon class sumbraine thats real hard to deteced. but he is trying to figure out how to cross into us waters from the soviet union. with out being noticed.

message 27: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan | 19 comments The main conflict in my book is between the main character Bo and himself. Bo is currently in jail thanks to his temper, Bo's anger is the key to all his problems and he is contiually trying to control and overcome this conflict.

message 28: by Joseph (new)

Joseph (atx_jojo) | 10 comments the major conflict right now is they are ready for war but they dont know when it is coming. they were sent the wrong way and see bombs exploding over the way and ready to get in the action.

message 29: by Alandra (new)

Alandra | 6 comments The major conflict in my book is that the main character, Leslie, has now become an instrument of the dark court much to the dismay of her friends in the summer court.

message 30: by Jonny Drass (new)

Jonny Drass | 17 comments The major conflict of Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone is that as a young boy Harry Potters Family were killed by an Evil Wizard, Lord Voldemort. He is trying to put the pieces together and defeat Lord Voldemort forever so he can avenge his parents.

message 31: by Rashad miller (new)

Rashad miller | 22 comments The main conflict in my book is about there in are in a house and the main charcter Serena is reading people minds.

message 32: by Stefon (new)

Stefon (stefonjones) | 18 comments The main conflict in my book is a black kid going to an all white school meets a friend who could be good at basketball but jayfox has to show him the moves so he can be a complete basketball player.

message 33: by Phillip Miles (new)

Phillip Miles | 24 comments In my book there where a bunch of conflicts because he is always relating his book to his past and previous games. The biggest conflict that probably stood out the most was when he had heart problems and he wasn't going to be able to coach any more.

message 34: by Mike Willie (new)

Mike Willie | 17 comments the major conflict in my book has to do with james and the conflict is James mother and father dieing and him living with his evil aunts while all they do is torment him and basically not let him live as a kid.

message 35: by Robert (new)

Robert Vasquez | 17 comments The major conflict in this story is Cindy haves a abusive boyfriend and she has no way out she is telling her mom all these lies for her mom not to find out. Well i am i guy and i know not to hit girls.

message 36: by Lizbeth (new)

Lizbeth  (lizbethvillanueva) | 23 comments The main conflict of my book is that the main character (Darcy Wills)has to go through a lot of things. One is that her boyfriend (Hakeen) has to go away. She has to make choices that profoundly changes her hole life.

message 37: by Lydia (new)

Lydia | 14 comments the major conflict in my book was that they can't find the killer of the person that wrote that book

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.