Harry Potter discussion

Personal Preferences > Ron's Departure

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:18PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Some people called it a betrayal, nut I don't think so. I was really sad when he left, but I was sure he came back. I had to look ahead though to see when his name was said more again. I loved when he came back and Hermione started punching him! It made me laugh so hard. I'm sure that other people didn't like that but I really did!

message 2: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments i also liked it. it actually showed ron has a lot of insecurities but one thing was bloody secure, his friendship w/ harry, that's why he came back. i also liked the way hermione treated ron when he came back, just proved her emotions were not contained in a teaspoon! lol!

message 3: by Tracey (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new)

Tracey i liked how, when Ron explained himself, he said that he immediately regretted leaving. maybe that immediate regret was what caused him to start facing those insecurities. i REALLY loved how Ron was the one who destroyed the locket horcrux -- JKR wrote that fantastically, making him look one of his biggest fears dead in the face before defeating it. i had enjoyed his character before, but at that point, i actually cheered for him! :-)

message 4: by Jane (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new)

Jane It was really well done, and one of the best parts was when Harry was trying to explain to Hermione how great Ron had been and Ron said "it's sounds cooler than it was" and then Harry points out that it always sounds cooler than it was. That was a really important bonding point for the two - Ron finally "got" what Harry and they became equals instead of Ron thinking Harry was better in some way.

message 5: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new)

Ashley (samuraigurl91) | 106 comments oh i loved that part. especially when hermione and ron started fighting and then she went all sarcastic. Lol. when Hermione stood up and looked at Ron then when she got close to him, i thought she was going to kiss him. then suddenly she started punching him. haha.

well i think that during and after the Ron-saving-Harry thing, it was really touching cause that was one of the moments where they really proved their friendship. especially ron to harry. that was nice.

message 6: by Rachel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:20PM) (new)

Rachel i got so angry at ron when he left that i couldn't pick the book up for two days. i knew in my gut he had to come back somehow--there was no way harry could do it without him--but i was still so, so upset that he actually walked out. even though i had been waiting for ron to come back, i was still so surprised when he saved harry. i cried. i'm not ashamed to admit it. i was so happy. i also loved that hermione didn't forgive him right away, and i LOVED the line she gave, "Imagine losing fingernails, Harry! That really puts our sufferings into perspective, doesn't it?" fabulous!

message 7: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:20PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Loved that line to rachel!

message 8: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:20PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments i knew ron would come back after he left, he just have to face his demons and it was gallant of harry to let ron destroy the horcrux. ron also showed he learned from his mistake in leaving harry & hermione when he destroyed that necklace after it tried to demonize ron again w/ all his insecurities. i found it cute when he was trying to get hermione talk to him, fixing the radio in their tent every night and telling them news in the outside world. he was really trying his best to win hermione!

message 9: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:20PM) (new)

Ashley (samuraigurl91) | 106 comments loved that part too rachel!!! Lol. that was so sarcastic. haha..