Terminalcoffee discussion

Pop Culture / Celebrities > Literary Tattoos

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What would you get?

http://www.contrariwise.org/

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Not Che Guevara, I'll tell you that fucking much...

I keep meaning to get my kids' initials tattooed on my legs, but I haven't gotten around to it yet...

I'm ok with people getting Asian characters for "courage" or whatever as tattoos. I know it's a big cliche, but I still think they look kind of cool. Of course, for all I know, the characters are actually "french fries" or "silly American" or something:)

message 3: by Kirk (new)

Kirk | 154 comments Was that David in there with The Giving Tree tattoo? Maybe one of us could tattoo his review on ourselves---and then a bystander could flag us!

I find a lot of text in a tattoo really distracting. I keep waiting to get maced trying to read a paragraph from Fear of Flying in some woman's cleavage.

That said, I've always liked the Sanskrit in The Waste Land: Datta. Dayadhvam. Damyata. Give, Sympathize, [Self:] Control.
I personally wouldn't go it because, ya know, it would distract from the Sarah Palin riding the bald eagle that's on my chest, but it would be cool...

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

RA--I thought for sure you would say something from Alice in Wonderland! Silly me for assuming.

And I'm actually one of those "people getting Asian characters" tattooed on them. :) My character has several meanings, one of which is "the moon, feminine, the dark forces of nature." But I've always wondered if it meant something else entirely and all the Chinese people reading it are secretly laughing at me.

When I looked at those literary tattoos, all I could think was how much it must have hurt to get some of those done. I think I'd limit mine to one sentence only. I did particularly enjoy the ones from Vonnegut's Breakfast of Champions.

message 5: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments I am thinking about getting a silhouette of Audre Lorde tattoo. Does that count?

message 6: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I have a 12"x6" tattoo of a dragon on my back that I named after a character in the Dragonlance books...does that count? Hardly profound, but fun! :)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Or, you could just have it printed on a t-shirt...

Books Ring Mah Bell The ellipsis tat would be good for me as I use and abuse them.

No ink on my body. Love it on other people, just not me, so i will stick with the tee shirts and wall hangings instead.

:)

message 9: by Kirk (new)

Kirk | 154 comments C'mon Sis ... you and the hubby could renew your vows like this:
description
Crack a book, peepz!

message 10: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 21 comments That's so romantic!

message 11: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments But the greatest of them all is ass crack!

Books Ring Mah Bell Oh Kirk, nothing says love and devotion like a biblical tramp stamp!

If you will excuse me, I'm going to vomit.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Zoe, nice to meet you! One night in 1996 I was this close to getting a butterfly on my ankle.

PRAISE THE LORD I BOUGHT POT INSTEAD!!!!!!!!!!

message 14: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Wow. Old.