UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Rosen Trevithick
This topic is about Rosen Trevithick
Meet the Authors > Rosen Trevithick - Gamebook Out Today

Comments Showing 1-50 of 912 (912 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

message 1: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments Hello there!

I'm relatively new to Amazon Kindle and looking to network with other writers and readers, to help improve both my written work, and my marketing techniques.

The great part, is that I've already written two novels that I'm proud of. The problem is, now I've given birth to twins, how do I raise them?

A good starting point is, no doubt, introducing my work. I'll start with my new release, which is my personal favourite.

Straight Out of University
Sophie isn't exclusively gay, but when you're voted Ms Lesbian Oxford in your first year at university, it does put you under a certain amount of pressure.

Her university life is characterised by passionate love affairs, liberal activism and boundary-pushing theatre.

Nine years later, Sophie returns to her hometown in Cornwall, where girls are friends with girls, boys are friends with boys, and queer is an experience felt when you drink too much cider.

Sophie falls for John, a sensible, conservative male man with a fondness for cardigans, but can they overcome their cultural differences?

I've also written:
Footprints - A dark, mysterious drama set in Cornwall.
The Winning Streak (Screenplay) - A comedy-drama about three football fans and their relationship with chance.
My Cat Geoffrey (Stage play) - A sweet , coming of age story, set in Cornwall.

The two plays are priced at 86p, so that readers who would like to sample my work, without committing to a full novel, have a lighter option. The two novels are priced at £3 + VAT.

There are also free excepts available on my website.
http://www.rosentrevithick.co.uk/

Straight Out of University by Rosen Trevithick The Winning Streak by Rosen Trevithick My Cat Geoffrey by Rosen Trevithick Footprints by Rosen Trevithick

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61593 comments Lovely opening post, Rosen. Thank you.

message 3: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments I've added a trailer for Straight Out of University.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47VoHX...

Thank you to a couple of people from this forum, who made production suggestions.

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (Snibborg) | 9052 comments What a fabulous trailer Rosen. The music fits the video very well indeed.

Having not read the book, it's difficult to comment on its accuracy (I would expect it is an accurate reflection of the plot.) but it clearly tells you what's between the (electronic) covers.

If I have one criticism I would have put the link to the book on Amazon and Smashwords in the description so that people can go look at your web site and, the important bit, buy the book.

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61593 comments Rosen, your trailer is a hoot! I love all the descriptions!

Macrame. Hehehe
Cardigans. Hehehehehe

message 6: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments Thanks very much Geoff and Patti.

Geoff, do you mean the description that accompanies the video? Because that does have my main URL in it. Admittedly you have to click "Read more". Perhaps I should shuffle the text so that we link is at the beginning.

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (Snibborg) | 9052 comments I think a re-shuffle would do the trick. You need to get it right at the top. If you can't see it, it doesn't get clicked.

Whilst it's nice to get the web address of your home page on top, don't forget you are not selling your web site, you're selling books. The impulse buyer wants to click now, buy, and read up on it after.

message 8: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments Thanks Geoff. The link is now at the top of the description and I've changed it to the landing page for my book, rather than the root of my domain.

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (Snibborg) | 9052 comments That's much better Rosen. God, that music is catchy. I was going down the road this morning humming it.

message 10: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments I know - it's so catchy! I keep catching myself humming it, but for some reason it tends to get distorted into Egyptian sand dance music. (Explain that if you will!)

message 11: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2242 comments Great trailer. And the Cornish mystery sounds just my thing.

message 12: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments Thanks. If you get a chance to read "Footprints", I hope you enjoy it,

message 13: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments I'm looking for blogs to visit during my upcoming virtual blog tour. Volunteers would kindly ask me five questions and you would post the interview on your blog on a predetermined day. Naturally, I would link back to you.

Also, I'm more than happy to interview writers for my blog if your books are in some way linked to mine, e.g. comedy romances, LGBT, based in Cornwall etc.

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61593 comments What a great idea, Rosen! I asked all of our authors to post their blog addresses in their first post in their author threads a few days ago. Might be worthwhile for you to take a peek through them.

Be sure to let us know where to look to follow your tour, okay?

message 15: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments Ah splendid! I didn't think of that. I'll take a look.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

You might want to check out Steve's blog - his book is mostly set in Cornwall and is very good!

http://www.steve-robinson.me./Welcome...

:0)

message 17: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments Thanks. I've added him to my blog reader. It's so helpful when bloggers enable rss feeds.

message 18: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments Just a quick note to say that I've reduced the price of this book from £3 + VAT to £1.49 + VAT.

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61593 comments That's great, Rosen! Thanks for letting us know.

message 20: by Steve (new)

Steve Robinson (SteveRobinson) | 2930 comments Hi Rosen, I was just browsing through the threads and caught your name. Welcome to the gang (bit late, I know). £1.49+vat is a good price point. I started my debut at under a pound and you might consider that for a few months, too, by way of an introduction to your work. You can let readers know that it's an introductory price.

message 21: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments I can't afford to drop down to the 30% royalties band, otherwise I might.

message 22: by Steve (new)

Steve Robinson (SteveRobinson) | 2930 comments That's fair enough. I don't blame you - it's as good as giving a book away at 30% of 80p per sale. Amazon should make it more attractive, but I guess they have a margin that they want to make.

message 23: by Rosen (last edited Oct 31, 2011 10:18AM) (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments I've just set up an Indie Book forum. It's in a temporary location at the moment, until the proper domain is processed.

If one or two people would like to take a look and offer me some feedback, that would be great. Feel free to add posts if you like.

The temporary location is [link removed]

But don't bookmark it!

message 24: by Steve (new)

Steve Robinson (SteveRobinson) | 2930 comments Rosen wrote: "I've just set up an Indie Book forum. It's in a temporary location at the moment, until the proper domain is processed.

If one or two people would like to take a look and offer me some feedback, t..."

Top job, Rosen. Looks really good. Catchy name, too. InBoBo! Google, eat your heart out! :o)

message 25: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments Thank you. Yes, the title is my favourite part.

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61593 comments Mine too. Nice colour use, too. Easy on the eyes.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Looks good Rosen - let me know when it gets it's permanent home.

message 28: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments Will do.

message 29: by Steve (new)

Steve Robinson (SteveRobinson) | 2930 comments Hi Rosen, while I was signing up with InBoBo, I noticed something with the description that I don't think reads so clearly. It's this bit, "or write books by..."

"A forum for people who love to read or write books by independent or small publishers."

Maybe something like this:

"A forum for indie authors and readers who like to read books from independent and small publishers."

Just a suggestion. :o)

message 30: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments Thanks Steve, I've changed it.

message 31: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments Hey, the real URL for InBoBo, the new Indie Books Board, is here and (hopefully) working!
http://www.indie-books-board.co.uk/

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I've just joined.

message 33: by Steve (new)

Steve Robinson (SteveRobinson) | 2930 comments Hi Rosen,
I deleted my last tweet and just re-tweeted this:

SteveRobinson01 Steve Robinson
InBoBo! Great new global forum for authors and readers of books by independent and small publishers. Sign up here: www.indie-books-board.co.uk

message 34: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments Thanks Steve, that's great!

And welcome on board Karen.

message 35: by Rosen (last edited Nov 05, 2011 05:50PM) (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments Because everybody seems so fond of making up stories, I've started a short story competition over at InBoBo.

You get more than 6 words on this occasion (994 more). The topic is winter.

The prize is exposure for an indie book of your choice.

http://www.indie-books-board.co.uk/vi...

message 36: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments I've just published a free short story.

On the Rocks

A secret isolates Meg from the rest of the world, but when she meets Poppy during a peculiar cliff-top encounter, the two girls spark up an unusual and important friendship.

One day Meg wakes up to discover that her lover has robbed Poppy's house, and not only is their relationship under threat, but the two girls quickly find themselves fighting for their lives.

To take advantage of the free offer, please see:
http://rosentrevithick.co.uk/on-the-r...
(At least until I convince Amazon to lower their price.)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 61593 comments Thank you very much, Rosen!

message 38: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments I've posted another free short story. This one has a festive theme.

The Other Daughter

Having a celebrity in the family can be challenging, especially when your sister's famous for being a missing child.

The disappearance of Millie Jones has dominated the news for eight years, ever since the mediagenic toddler was snatched from a department store at Christmas time.

Certain that Millie is alive, her mother puts family life on hold to fight for the search to continue.

However, this Christmas things are changing. A shocking development causes the police to reopen the investigation and a new hope dawns.

See http://rosentrevithick.co.uk/download/ for your free download.

message 39: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments I've become obsessed with checking with Smashwords stats - is that normal behaviour?

message 40: by Jud (new)

Jud (Judibud) | 18251 comments woop! for the free shorts, can't really comment on the behaviour but can't be any worse than being obsessed with checking this site so I think you're ok, you're not hurting anybody.

message 41: by Rosen (last edited Jan 12, 2012 04:38AM) (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments I've posted a brand new short story on Amazon and enrolled it in KDP Select. It's free at the moment but the price will rise to 77p in a few days.

Lipstick and Knickers

Devoted boyfriend, Ross Turpin, wakes up to a shocking sight: a pair of unfamiliar women's knickers lying on his bedroom floor. Having no idea how they got there, Ross sets out on a mission to establish their origin.

His exploration leads him through a minefield of hideous women and repugnant situations, as he struggles to understand what went on during the night that changed his life forever.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006W8QQD...

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

I've just downloaded your book Rosen, but when I tried to link it onto my goodreads shelves I can't find it in the goodreads database....

message 43: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments Oh! Thanks for the heads up (and the download.)

I'll try and get it added to the database, although I'm having trouble finding it too.

message 44: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments Can I ask a favour please?
Would a couple of the people who downloaded my short story, "Lipstick and Knickers" review it on Amazon please? I'm fighting for a spot in the Top 5 Free Kindle Humour chart and I think a bit of feedback could help.
I'd be happy to review somebody else's short story in return.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Rosen wrote: "Can I ask a favour please?
Would a couple of the people who downloaded my short story, "Lipstick and Knickers" review it on Amazon please? I'm fighting for a spot in the Top 5 Free Kindle Humour ch..."

I'll try to read it soon then and will write a review for you. My reviews are always quite short so they are not the best, but every little helps!

message 46: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments Thanks very much. Indeed, every little helps.

P.S. Please ignore the embarrassing mistake in the first line! I tried to submit a revised edition right away, but it's still awaiting approval. Doh!

message 47: by Jud (new)

Jud (Judibud) | 18251 comments I've started reading it Rosen, will leave a wee review once I'm done :o) mine will be short (and hopefully sweet!)

Didn't even notice a mistake in the first line! Doh!

message 48: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2268 comments Thanks very much. I hope you enjoy it.

And phew! I'm glad the mistake went by unnoticed, it was only one character, but in a crucial place.

message 49: by Jud (new)

Jud (Judibud) | 18251 comments Thanks Rosen for giving me a REALLY good laugh!!

message 50: by Jud (new)

Jud (Judibud) | 18251 comments I mean that in a good way, about Lipstick and Knickers!! Left reviews here and on amazon.co.uk and .com.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19