The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Music, Movies, & Miscellany > Get Your Shirt

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:17PM) (new)

Tiffany | 59 comments Just like Rory, get your Reading is Sexy Shirt:

http://www.buyolympia.com/q/Item=read...

I saw a link to these a couple of months ago on USA Today's Pop Candy and it was talking about GG girls. I searched for it this morning and found it. I think they are so cute! BTW, I am not trying to solicit, because I have nothing to do with the sales of these. I just think they are super cute!

message 2: by Shannon, the founder of fun (back from sabbatical) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:17PM) (new)

Shannon | 254 comments Mod
This is on my Christmas wish list.

message 3: by Tiffany (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:17PM) (new)

Tiffany That's so cute! I want one now. =)

message 4: by Arctic (new)

Arctic | 571 comments dilemma: do i get the yellow one or the blue one? yellow is more authentically GG, but blue is a better color for me. what's a gal to do.

thanks for the link, Tiffany!

message 5: by Sera (new)

Sera Oh, very cool - thank you, Tiffany!

message 6: by Alison, the guru of grace (last edited Jan 03, 2008 07:00PM) (new)

Alison | 1282 comments Mod
The yellow and green is very Girl Scouts circa 1980. I'm looking at it, and I'm thinking, "Two peanut butter patties, one thin mints."

Which means, of course, you have to go with the yellow.

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 38 comments Love that shirt! Thanks for the link.

message 8: by Cody (new)

Cody Wilshire (codywilshire) | 85 comments ZOMG Girl Scout cookies, I was so sad the girl scouts in Harvard Square were selling nuts, not cookies. They had NO cookies. Now, I'm all for nuts, don't get me wrong, I'm a total health nut (the cancer forces me to be but before I was sick I was, I always have been) but um, that one time a year, DEE NEEDS HER THIN MINTS DAMNIT! *mouth waters*

So uncruel, so unjust, so...so...wrong.

Annnnyway, the tshirt is cute and I must buy it asap.

message 9: by Arctic (last edited Jan 04, 2008 10:32AM) (new)

Arctic | 571 comments no cookies?? that's just nuts! (sorry couldn't resist)

it's all about the Tag-a-longs for me :). yum!

i did go with the yellow as it turns out. it'll be like my bat signal for other GG fans.

message 10: by Cody (new)

Cody Wilshire (codywilshire) | 85 comments Love it!

And yes, how awful is that? They're girl scouts they sell cookies that's just...how...its supposed to work!

message 11: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (skintz) | 8 comments I remember watching that episode and saying "I need that shirt." Thanks for finding it!

message 12: by Alison, the guru of grace (new)

Tag a longs used to be called something else. Caramel Delights?

Ever notice how small the box of peanut butter patties was. Easily covered in one sitting.

message 13: by Arctic (new)

Arctic | 571 comments Tagalongs *are* the peanut butter patties. Samoas I think used to be Caramel Delights (also very tasty). but yeah I always felt ripped off with both the Samoas and the Tagalongs. They need to cram them in there like they do with the Thin Mints.

Thin Mints are particularly good when frozen btw.

message 14: by Alison, the guru of grace (new)

Oh! I didn't realize they changed the name of PBP. Why mess with perfection? SAMOAS are awesome, too. When's cookie season?

message 15: by Arctic (new)

Arctic | 571 comments February I think. too far away!

i was just looking at wikipedia and apparently the name of the PB Patty is different depending where you live. wonder how they determine what to call it where.

message 16: by whichwaydidshego?, the sage of sass (new)

whichwaydidshego? (whichwaydidshego) | 1996 comments Mod
THIN MINTS - THIN MINTS - THIN MINTS...

I was just chanting in hope that it would bring the girls around faster. Yum-yum-yum-yum-yum!!!

I enjoy them frozen or regular. Regular the flavor dissolves and multiplies in your mouth, whereas frozen it's more direct and, well, POW! If one way could cause me to slow down in my eating of them, I'd choose that way. They are the most addictive substance known to man, I'm telling you.

...THIN MINTS - THIN MINTS - THIN MINTS...

message 17: by whichwaydidshego?, the sage of sass (new)

...THIN MINTS - THIN MINTS - THIN MINTS - THIN MINTS - THIN MINTS - THIN MINTS - THIN MINTS - THIN MINTS - THIN MINTS...

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I like the Do-Si-Dos. Dunked in milk. Yum.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

i want a shirt..but it doesnt come in my size...I guess I can check cafepress.

I used to be a Girl Scout..and Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I want some cookies now!!!! They sent my hubby's ship boxes and boxes of cookies when they were deployed!!!

message 20: by Alison, the guru of grace (last edited Jan 04, 2008 07:12PM) (new)

What are these do-si-do's, of which you speak? I don't think we changed the names down South. We like to keep things the way they always have been. It's in our blood. Or maybe it's just been a while since I bought GS cookies.

PBP/TA and a tall glass of cold milk. Now that's a snack. Michelle: Have you tried the Thin Mints?

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Do-si-dos are a PB cookie sandwich with PB creme in the middle.

message 22: by Erica (new)

Erica Poole | 199 comments MMMM Samoas, the nectar of the gods....

message 23: by Cody (new)

Cody Wilshire (codywilshire) | 85 comments Damn man, I want thin mints so badly now...this is awful. I'm seriously salivating.

Speaking of salivating and food, I had a dream Friday night about Chex Mix. How insane is that? All day Saturday I was working and doing stuff and miserably ill and just thinking 'hot damn I want some Chex Mix', I finally got some around 11pm and it was the happiest two moments of my day. How pathetic is that? And what's even worse, is that I actually really enjoyed my day...

I think I have an obsession with food. The end of pointless comment.

message 24: by Summer (last edited Jan 06, 2008 01:34PM) (new)

Summer | 34 comments I enjoy frozen Thin Mint and Cool Whip sandwiches. Try it sometime!

message 25: by whichwaydidshego?, the sage of sass (new)

Thin Mints, Alison? What are they?

message 26: by Alison, the guru of grace (new)

Haha. O.K., the Girl Scouts of America owe Good Reads a big one this year! I say we ask for free cookies.

message 27: by Karey (new)

Karey (KareyShane) I can't take it no more! Thin mints, Samoa's, Peanut Butter Patties...I don't care if you only get a half a cookie per box nowadays. They are worth it. But I can't have white flour anything these days. My mouth is watering and I'll just have to...to go eat some pumpkin seeds. Are you jealous?

Oh, and thanks for finding the t-shirt! So cute. I think she's looking, not at a book, however. I think she's eyeing a box of thin mints. Frozen ones.

Sniff.

message 28: by Arctic (new)

Arctic | 571 comments I think buyolympia and Sarah Utter owe goodreads even more than the girl scouts.

message 29: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 50 comments I have excellent news for you girls... Girl Scout Cookie Season is officially open as of this morning.

Taking orders only though -- in-your-face booth sales start middle of February.

(Yeah, the nut sale happens in the fall. I'm a Troop Leader, and that's all we hear -- "But where are the COOKIES????" LOL)

I must get me some of this Reading Is Sexy shirt.

message 30: by Alison, the guru of grace (new)

Our very own troop leader!

COOKIE SEASON! COOKIE SEASON! COOKIE SEASON!

message 31: by Erica (new)

Erica Poole | 199 comments Yay! Samoas here I come, worth cheating on the no Gluten and no sugar rules I should live by!

message 32: by whichwaydidshego?, the sage of sass (last edited Jan 13, 2008 04:49PM) (new)

Woohoo! The Girl Scouts just came to my door! I'm such a happy campers. I told them to come back when my parents were about, though, as they'd sell much, much more than with me alone! They're coming back in about an hour. LOL

message 33: by whichwaydidshego?, the sage of sass (new)

Um. They came back. Eleven boxes later...

message 34: by whichwaydidshego?, the sage of sass (new)

P.S. They have a new kind... Cinna-swirl or something like that.

message 35: by Alison, the guru of grace (last edited Jan 13, 2008 06:20PM) (new)

Quit bragging. (haha)

Seriously, my mouth is watering especially since I am on a "diet." Just do me a favor and have a peanut butter pattie or two with a glass of cold milk. And think of me.

message 36: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany My husband is a sucker for the GS Cookies - I think the most he bought was 8 boxes once. And we are extremely territorial about our cookies, too - we each have to get our own boxes of Samoas! The Cinna-swirl sounds pretty good; definitely have to give those a try this year.

message 37: by whichwaydidshego?, the sage of sass (new)

Um. We only got the peanut butter sandwiches, not the patties. Sorry! Now I'm regretting it! But eleven boxes!

message 38: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 50 comments You guys are so funny... I can't wait until we get our troop delivery. I'm going to have to take a picture of myself surrounded by piles and piles of boxes heehee!

BTW, the Cinnaswirls are geared toward the diet set -- 5 100-calorie packs per box. But darn if they aren't extremely tasty too!

Thin mints... thin mints... thin mints...

message 39: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Stirrat | 201 comments So, by some magical power, we got GS cookies in December from someone at my P's work and now the girls are offering them AGAIN (this time at my work). My P got a very healthy (in terms of size, not actual health) selection, but we kind of ignored them for awhile because I had made a TON of Christmas cookies.

Last night, I discovered the "Thank you" cookies, which are, I believe, supposed to be traditional English biscuits with Chocolate on one side. While the texture is not completely like the actual English biscuits, I love them. Love them. Love them. And had several while reading NA last night (read half box). So I may have to make a SECOND girl scout order this year. Nuts!

message 40: by Alison, the guru of grace (new)

Haha. Love how you said healthy in regard to size rather than to actual "health." Did you really need to clarify with this group? (haha) :)

message 41: by whichwaydidshego?, the sage of sass (new)

Ooooo! Courtney, I ordered the Thank yous! But they are supposed to be shortbread rather than the regular English biscuits. Which appeals to me all the more! Yea!

Great, now my mouth is watering. Sigh. What can I snack on at this hour??

message 42: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Stirrat | 201 comments I rarely have a moment when I identify as part of a national or ethnic group, but this is one -- my odd Scottish opinion about shortbread (and tea and rain). The Thank Yous are definitely good butter cookies, almost biscuit like. But they are not shortbread. Shortbread is made following my grandmother's recipe, as improved by my Mom,with three ingredients plus salt and comes out of the oven. Everything else is a cookie.

They are totally yummy. I am going to order more from the woman in my office because they might be the only GS cookie I could eat a few of and stop. They are seriously delicious.

message 43: by whichwaydidshego?, the sage of sass (new)

Half of my cookie order arrived today! (We ordered from two Scouts from the same troupe that were selling together.) Woo-hoo! I tried a Thank You, but wasn't all that impressed... Courtney, you are so right - not at all shortbread. They are alright, but the Lemonades are much more addicting! My favorites haven't arrived yet - THIN MINTS THIN MINTS THIN MINTS... Hee!