Debate discussion

Reproductive/Womens Rights > Sexual Abuse/Rape/Abortion in those Circumstances

Comments (showing 151-200 of 347) (347 new)    post a comment »

message 151: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Maria wrote: "Riley wrote: "70 years too little, considering how old most murderers are, 20, so when they got out they'd be 90...guess that works too cause they're too old to kill anyone. :D

A question:
If you ..."

Exactly what I was thinking - how do we know that they're truly sorry and that they won't do it again? I recall this thing called acting. I can act like I feel sorry for something and I don't feel sorry for it. You could, anyone could, so what's to stop them from lying to us? A few months in jail for rape/abuse isn't going to teach them a lesson. If you let someone off too easily than they might no understand/realize the impact that their actions had on people or even have to feel guilty about it because they won't have to suffer for it. Trust me, I know from my relative.

Yes, I realize how bad jail is/can be. I'd rather them be in there than out in the real world able to take a small child and rape/abuse her and possibly even kill her. Who's to know that that rapist won't turn into a rapist-killer? That happened with that Med student just recently, that's happened with other rapists. At least 90% of the time when a sex offender gets out of jail they will commit the crime again.

http://blogs.wsj.com/numbersguy/how-l...

I'd rather them not be able to come up to me and do that stuff to me, or to my future children, or to anyone for that matter.

message 152: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments abortion should be an option no matter what

message 153: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 1273 comments My gran used to say that if me or my sister were ever raped, we would have an abortion and gran would personally castrate the wanker who did it :)

message 154: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 1273 comments She was a great old lady XD

message 155: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 7365 comments Mod
lol

message 156: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments tooo funny

message 157: by Acacia (new)

Acacia (acaciaa) I also think anyone who rapes someone deserves to go to prison for life. What, by the way, is the current sentence?

message 158: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments 15 years

(law and order)

message 159: by Acacia (new)

Acacia (acaciaa) Liz wrote: "15 years"

That...is...I don't even know. Not enough for doing something so horrible to another person. You can get longer than that for robbery.

message 160: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments but it has to be above a certain amount of money taken and if they were armed and such. but i agree it should be longer.

message 161: by Acacia (new)

Acacia (acaciaa) Yeah...

message 162: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 322 comments Acacia wrote: "I also think anyone who rapes someone deserves to go to prison for life. What, by the way, is the current sentence?"

Rape is set in categories though. There are different punishments for different types of rape.

message 163: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 1273 comments Rapists are all the same. The all deserve to be castrated and locked up for LIFE.

message 164: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 322 comments I think that they're all the same but that's not how every government sees it

message 165: by Lauren (new)

Ooh, castrated. Too bad that falls under cruel and unusual.

message 166: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 1273 comments And what they did doesn't?

message 167: by [deleted user] (new)

Lorna wrote: "And what they did doesn't?"

(Two wrongs don't make a right!)

message 168: by Belladonna (new)

Belladonna (miriamdaisyrose) in those circomstances, i know i would not commit abortion, but, as for law, i am torn. but it is rong. no matter what.

message 169: by [deleted user] (new)

What is wrong, no matter what?

message 170: by Belladonna (new)

Belladonna (miriamdaisyrose) abortion.

message 171: by [deleted user] (new)

So. Would you vote to make it illegal or legal?

message 172: by Belladonna (new)

Belladonna (miriamdaisyrose) i'm not shore, acually. but, i think, illegal.

message 173: by [deleted user] (new)

Jim-Bob wrote: "shore"

Sure*

Why do you think the government should be allowed to tell every woman what to do with her reproductive organs?

message 174: by Belladonna (new)

Belladonna (miriamdaisyrose) there not, nor will. for most of the abbortions in the us, it is not any rapping or anything like that.
it was there choice to have sex.
and as for rapping, abuse and the such:
"life is pain, anyone who says differently is selling something."

message 175: by Lauren (new)

"and as for rapping, abuse and the such:
"life is pain, anyone who says differently is selling something." "

Am I allowed to wish you get raped and see how you like it?

message 176: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 28, 2009 12:00PM) (new)

"there not, nor will." "

If you vote to make it illegal, you are making them one step closer to telling every female in America what she cannot do with her own body.

"it was there choice to haves sex"

Are you a virgin?

"and as for rapping, abuse and the such:
life is pain, anyone who says differently is selling something."

Jackass.

message 177: by Belladonna (new)

Belladonna (miriamdaisyrose) i would not abord the child. but as i wouldn't be able to provide for it, i would put it up for adoption. i have contemplated this, and i am possative that would be my actions.

message 178: by [deleted user] (new)

If every would-be aborted child was put up for adoption, there would be WAY too many kids.

message 179: by Belladonna (new)

Belladonna (miriamdaisyrose) being that i'm not married, ya.

message 180: by [deleted user] (new)

Jim-Bob wrote: "being that i'm not married, ya."

Then you cannot judge those who have sex.

message 181: by Belladonna (new)

Belladonna (miriamdaisyrose) i'm not judging.

message 182: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 28, 2009 12:08PM) (new)

You said "it was there choice to have sex."

Which is obvious. But you implied that they got what they deserved. People have sex and it's mostly for fun. Seeing as how you're a virgin, you cannot judge them for that and have the state of mind that they got what they deserved.

People use birth control. It fails. It isn't their fault they got pregnant, they tried to prevent it. Now the woman has to go through hours of excruciating pain and a hell of a lot of life changes just because the government says she has to?

message 183: by Belladonna (new)

Belladonna (miriamdaisyrose) again, i'm not judjing. or saying they got what they deserved.
and it is there falt. birth control doesn't work 100% of the time, people should know that. they chose to have sex. even with those odds. if it was the law, and they chose to do it, with birth control, and it happens, they new what they were doing.

message 184: by Lauren (new)

"and it is there falt'

No. It's the guys fault for having sex and making the girl pregnant. He should suffer.

Don't you see how silly you sound?

Yep. How old are you?

message 185: by [deleted user] (new)

You aren't understanding. People are not going to stop having sex just because there is a small, small chance they'll get pregnant even when they take precautions.

And if they really do not want / can't handle a baby, the woman has the right to abort it.

message 186: by Lauren (new)

"Yep. How old are you? "

I'm also assuming you're pre-pubescent. Or you would understand the pull of sexual desires a lot more then you seem to do now.

message 187: by Davis (new)

Davis (DavisMattek) | 3837 comments Kid, your a fucking idiot.

message 188: by Belladonna (new)

Belladonna (miriamdaisyrose) i'm a responsable person.

then i guess the real question here is:
is it right to have sex without the intent of having a baby? for fun?

message 189: by Davis (new)

Davis (DavisMattek) | 3837 comments Yes, it is.

message 190: by Lauren (new)

"is it right to have sex without the intent of having a baby? for fun? "

Hells yeah.

message 191: by Belladonna (new)

Belladonna (miriamdaisyrose) my response is solid:
NO.

message 192: by Lauren (new)

ahahah

Someone is totally 8 years old and never had any fun, if you know what I mean.

message 193: by Davis (new)

Davis (DavisMattek) | 3837 comments Then you have no backing for you opinion. Not even the Bible says you can't have sex for fun. Your a fucking idiot, who is doomed to a life of alot of kids, and no fun.

message 194: by Belladonna (new)

Belladonna (miriamdaisyrose) is that what you truely think?

message 195: by Davis (new)

Davis (DavisMattek) | 3837 comments That is what I know. I've read the Holy Scriptures of the Buddhists, Hindu's, Christians, Jews, and none of them say anything about sex in a marriage being a bad thing.

message 196: by Lauren (new)

You never answered my question. HOW OLD ARE YOU.

message 197: by Belladonna (new)

Belladonna (miriamdaisyrose) i am not inclined to dispose of such information.

message 198: by Lauren (last edited Jul 28, 2009 12:51PM) (new)

Then I must assume you are under age 13, as you seem to have no understanding of what the term "sex drive' means, nor experienced it for yourself.

message 199: by Davis (new)

Davis (DavisMattek) | 3837 comments You obviously have no idea what your talking about kid.

message 200: by Acacia (new)

Acacia (acaciaa) That, and the fact that he doesn't want to share his age. Usually that's a dead giveaway that someone's under 13.

unread topics | mark unread