This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate how I haven't sent Jackie her music mixes I promised.

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

And I never sent Amanda a birthday card like I was going to. I'm a lazy, good-for-nothing!!!

Servius  Heiner Very well, as long as you admit it then I guess I'll have to agree, you good for nothing; except a good time, an easy game of chess, to loose unwanted cameras for anyone who wants to loose theirs. your worthless behavior does have some value. just not for you.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Grrr. I'll have you know that I haven't lost a chess game to a student this year, but Steve has! And I beat Larry Hall at chess, who had beat Steve earlier in the night!

But Jackie, I made one of the playlists and then Marie was helping me gather some songs for the second one and then our tech guy came and rebuilt the school computer that I do all my personal stuff on (take THAT, tax payers!) and so I have to start over, which disheartened me. But I haven't forgot!

Servius  Heiner like you forgot about cleaning up THC of old dead threads, and little kids... though they seem to have become board and left on their own... but their messes are still here.

Servius  Heiner if you are going to play on good reads on taxpayer moneys then you should at least serve the THC members. slacker.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I did for a while, but it's BORING to delete old threads. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Alaska.

Jackie "the Librarian" I was wondering what happened, Sarah! Do I need to come down there? Is that what you're waiting for?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, of course you need to come down here, Jackie. But I'll try to get you your music before that!

Jackie "the Librarian" I do have tentative plans for a trip down to Portland sometime next month. My friend Robert has invited me to watch The Women,the old version, with him and his partner Michael, and have margaritas and Mexican food.

Unfortunately, they make horrible margaritas. And they have a tiny TV set on which we would be watching this movie. :(

Hey, maybe we could get them to go OUT for margaritas first, with YOU, Sarah! Then, I wouldn't care what size their TV is.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Good plan.

message 11: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Maybe if you had a Saturday free with no plans you could get some of this stuff done...

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't do music stuff on weekends. My itunes is at work. So there.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, I have made the playlists, burnt the discs, sharpied them, printed the cover art! They're all ready in my front seat. Now to the post office tomorrow!

I'd do it today, but I have to go to the doctor because of a fucking spider.

Jackie "the Librarian" I would prefer you go to the doctor, Sarah, than send me the mixes. Take care of yourself, sweetie!

message 15: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) and watch out for hobos! spiders, that is.

message 16: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) That's what you get for watching spiders fuck.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Zang. You got me. Though really I only watched their mating dances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D92AUX...

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I sent them today, Jackie. When I looked up your address in my inbox, I realized that I promised them to you on August 26th! Do I know how to procrastinate or what?!

message 19: by Jackie "the Librarian" (last edited Nov 05, 2008 08:05PM) (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" Heck, yeah. It's been such a long build up, there's no way these mixes can live up to all the anticipation, Sarah.

Or.... can they???

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Nah. There are two of them, but they're sure to disappoint! ;)

Jackie "the Librarian" That's it, Sarah! Less my expectations so that I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Not a bad plan...

message 22: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 05, 2008 11:12PM) (new)

They suck badly.

Jackie "the Librarian" The mixes are here! And the envelope is super cute, I had trouble tearing it open to get the CDs inside.
I will bring the CDs with me to Seattle tomorrow, so I'll have the perfect opportunity and environment for the Songs to Sing in the Car disc.
Thanks, Sarah! :)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! I listened to that playlist in my car last night and sang really loud.

Jackie "the Librarian" I did my best to sing along, Sarah. Who cares if I'd never heard those songs before, and was making up the words and the tunes? I'm sure I sounded amazing!

I think I said how much I liked the mailer Sarah sent my CDs in. Adorable!

Look, I took a picture!

[image error]

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm glad you like it, Jackie. Bet you didn't know I was a cartoonist.

P.S. I listened to those mixes again, and I think "Sad Songs Make Me Happy" should have been called, "I'm Pathetic and Lonely." I noticed a theme, there.

message 27: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell I love your drawings, Sarah, but I think I'm more fascinated by Jackie's table covering. It just seems so right.

Jackie "the Librarian" I must say, that many sad songs in a row was more than I could take, Sarah. I haven't quite made it through that one.
I was driving home from Seattle in the drizzle, and I needed some cheery sounds from time to time, as good as the music was...

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I understand. It's for emergencies.

message 30: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I would just like to share the fact that "Nowhere Man", by the Beatles, was my official theme song in high school, because it described me perfectly.

That is what you were referencing, right?

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes. I had to play that with my instructor my my midterm, which was a couple of hours after I sent Jackie that package. The song is STILL stuck in my head, though.

Jackie "the Librarian" However, "Nowhere Man" does NOT seem to be on either CD...

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

No way.

Servius  Heiner nowhere to be found huh...

Jackie "the Librarian" That's okay, I'm sure I've got Nowhere Man in my music collection somewhere already.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.