Quotable Quotes discussion

Quotes by Paulo Coelho

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:17PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments She said she was neither happy nor unhappy,
and that was why she couldn't go on.
Each person knows the extent
of their own suffering,
or the total absence of meaning in their lives.
(Veronika Decides to Die)

message 2: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:20PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Warriors of light frequently ask themselves
what they are doing here.
Very often they believe their lives have no meaning.
That is why they are warriors of light.
Because they make mistakes.
Because they ask questions.
Because they continue to look for a meaning.
And, in the end, they will find it.

(Manual of a Warrior of Light)

message 3: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:52PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments The moment that he begins to walk along, the Warrior of the Light recognizes the Path.

(Manual of the Warrior of Light)

message 4: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Regardless of whether we love once, twice, or a dozen of times in our life, we always face a brand-new situation. Love can send us to hell or paradise, but it always takes us somewhere. We simply have to accept it, because it is what nourishes our existence. …we have to take love where we find it, even if that means hours, days, weeks of disappointment and sadness.

(Life)

message 5: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Making a decision was only the beginning of things. When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision.

(Life)

message 6: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments The end of one stage is only the beginning of another. Any dangers overcome are the necessary preparation to do better in the next stage.

(Life)

message 7: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Finding something important in life does not mean that you must give up everything else.

(Life)

message 8: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments When every day seems the same, it is because we have stopped noticing the good things that appear in our lives.

(Life)

message 9: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments The magic moment is the moment when a 'yes' or a 'no' can change our whole existence.

(Life)

message 10: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments When we postpone the harvest, the fruit rots, but when we postpone our problems, they keep on growing.

(Life)

message 11: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chapters, it doesn't matter what we call it; What matters is to leave in the past those moments in life that are over.

(Life)

message 12: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments i am going to sit here with you by the river. if you go home to sleep, i will sleep in front of your house. and if you go away, i will follow you- until you tell me to go away. then i'll leave. but i have to love you for the rest of my life.

(By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept)

message 13: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments i had fought against my heart, because i was afraid of sadness, suffering and abandonment. but now i knew that true love was above all that and that it would be better to die than fail to love.

message 14: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments the wise are wise only because they love. and the foolish are foolish only because they think they can understand love.

message 15: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments if pain must come, may it come quickly. because i have a life to live, and i need to live it in the best possible. if he has to make a choice, may he make it now. then i will either wait for him or forget him. waiting is painful. forgetting is painful. but not knowing which to do is the worst kind of suffering.

message 16: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments ..and there are defeats. no one can avoid them. but it's better to lose the battles in the struggle for your dreams than be defeated without ever knowing what you're fighting for. the universe always helps us fight for our dreams, no matter how foolish they may be. our dreams are our own, and only we can know the effort required to keep them alive.

message 17: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Feelings should always be allowed to be free. You should not judge a future love by past suffering.

message 18: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Love does not ask many questions, because with thinking comes fear. This might be the fear of being scorned, of being rejected, or of breaking the spell. However ridiculous this may seem, that is how it is. This is why one does not ask, one acts.

message 19: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Anyone who loves needs to know both how to lose himself and how to find himself.

message 20: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Love is a complicated path, and that path can lead us up to heaven or hurl us down into hell.

message 21: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments He who loves has conquered the world and has no fear of losing anything. True love is an act of total surrender.

message 22: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Anyone who loves in the expectation of being loved in return is wasting their time.

(The Devil and Miss Prym)

message 23: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments She said she was neither happy nor unhappy,
and that was why she couldn't go on.
Each person knows the extent
of their own suffering,
or the total absence of meaning in their lives.

message 24: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments It is not enough to dream of the Impossible Love - it is necessary to conquer it too.

message 25: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments The warrior of light only risks his heart for something worthwhile.

(Manual of the Warrior of the Light)

message 26: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Carry in your memory, for the rest of your life, the good things that came out of those difficulties. They will serve as a proof of your abilities and will give you confidence when you are faced by other obstacles.

(Manual of the Warrior of the Light)

message 27: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Sometimes we have only ten minutes to be with the love of our life and thousands of hours to spend thinking about them.

(Eleven Minutes)

message 28: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Loneliness is the worst of all tortures, the worst of all sufferings.

(Eleven Minutes)

message 29: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments f you have a past with which you feel dissatisfied, then forget it, now. Imagine a new story for your life and believe in it.

(The Fifth Mountain)

message 30: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments True love allows each person to follow his or her own path, aware that doing so can never drive them apart.

(Brida)

message 31: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments When we love, it is not necessary to understand what is happening outside, because everything begins to happen inside us instead.

(The Alchemist)

message 32: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments When you love, things make even more sense.

(The Alchemist)

message 33: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.

(The Alchemist)

message 34: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.

(The Alchemist)

message 35: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments That is why he is a Warrior of the Light, because he has been through all this and yet has never lost hope of being better than he is.

(Warrior of the Light)

message 36: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Every Warrior of the Light has hurt someone he loved.

(Warrior of the Light)

message 37: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Every Warrior of the Light has said 'yes' when he wanted to say 'no.'

(Warrior of the Light)

message 38: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Every Warrior of the Light has failed in his spiritual duties.

(Warrior of the Light)

message 39: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Every Warrior of the Light has suffered for the most trivial of reasons. Every Warrior of the Light has, at least once, believed he was not a Warrior of the Light.

(Warrior of the Light)

message 40: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Every Warrior of the Light has trodden a path that was not his.

(Warrior of the Light)

message 41: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Every Warrior of the Light has, at some time in the past, lied or betrayed someone.

(Warrior of the Light)

message 42: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Every Warrior of the Light has felt afraid of going into battle.

(Warrior of the Light)

message 43: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments We must buy jewelry; it identifies us with our tribe, just as body piercing identifies those of a different tribe.

(The Zahir)

message 44: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments We must do jobs we detest because we are part of an organized society, and if everyone did what they wanted to do, the world would come to a standstill.

(The Zahir)

message 45: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments When we marry, we are authorized to take possession of the other person, body and soul.

(The Zahir)

message 46: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments Love is only a small thing, enough for one person, and any suggestion that the heart might be larger than this is considered perverse.

(The Zahir)

message 47: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments We must marry, have children, reproduce the species.

(The Zahir)

message 48: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments People who are different are dangerous; they belong to another tribe; they want our lands and our women.

(The Zahir)

message 49: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments We must study things we will never use, but which someone told us were important to know.

(The Zahir)

message 50: by Aart (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Aart | 99 comments We must have a university degree even if we never get a job in the area of knowledge we were forced to study.

(The Zahir)

« previous 1 3