Colors Insulting to Nature Colors Insulting to Nature discussion

too much trash...

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:14AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Christi too much trash or is there something more to it?

Phil James
oh,there's a lot more to it. I too, thought it was too trashy for at least the first half of the book but I kept going just for the delicious satirizing of every kind of wanna-be celebrity. I couldn't believe I'd ever feel any attachment to the characters but eventually, I did.
In spite of the author's asides to the reader, and the outrageous trashiness, it does turn out to be a "real" story, with even, dare I say it, a spirituality and love of life that shines through the layers of grime.

Lobstergirl I was a big fan of Cintra Wilson's nonfiction writing, but I really didn't like this novel.

Betsy JoJo I bought this book years ago in a tiny discount book store. I bought it strictly based on the title. I ended up loving it and recently read it again. I am still in awe of the depth of the characters in the midst of the trashiness;) Too much trash? I say just the right amount.

Holly I don't think this was a trashy book, but it is a book about trashy people. This does not prevent me from being entertained by this tale of trashy people. Trashy people exist, I know quite a few, some are absolutely awful, some are likeable in a quirky way, and one thing I can say for them.......they are never boring! Snobs, on the other hand, are a crashing bore.

Super Amanda This book is not trashy at all. This book is about children who grew up before the internet and of the Bay Area before the dotcoms. It is social satire that could have happened.