homeschool kids discussion

What makes it awesome?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

MATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT (theawesomecatperson) | 25 comments Well, what makes an awesome book er... awesome?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

the writing. if at a baseline, the language is beautiful and you can tell the skill that went into it, that's what nails it for me. :)

message 3: by Mikayla (new)

Mikayla | 2658 comments sometimes that's totally true, thank god, most of the time.

then you have to look at a book like Twilight though, i don't know any guys who like it, and it's really not that well written but all the girls like it cuz they're just in love with the guy characters....

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

i know it's not well written at all, and the plot is kind of weak in points, but it's enough to keep people going haha.
the fourth one of those was so disappointing...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

hey matt are you the person who played that game at Millinium games with me forrest and schuyler?

MATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT (theawesomecatperson) | 25 comments 1) Mikayla, i loved the twighlight books so there! =P

2) Marshall, no i am not... what are Millinium games??

message 7: by Cailin (new)

Cailin (leahynremtp) | 983 comments *slaps him another high five* (because the twilight books are freakin awesome!!)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Millinium games is a game store basically :P

message 9: by Sarahfina (new)

Sarahfina  (sarahfinaforever) | 840 comments i like the twilight books ..and i'm not in love with any of the characters.
i admit they're not the best written books i've read -nowhere close!- but they do hold a lot of appeal. for a lot of people. and they're good conversation starters! ;)

Zarha, the groove bringer | 2837 comments I don't like twilight, but I have to dissagree that it is not well written, I read the first half of the first book, and the only thing that kept me going was that I found it really well writted. (I finally stopped because I got so sick of the plot)

message 11: by Mikayla (new)

Mikayla | 2658 comments okay okay whatever. but what i meant was more in general how they are so hugely liked, and i don't think most people just like it cuz they think it's amzingly well written

message 12: by Conor (new)

Conor (i got me some bathing apes!) | 634 comments agreed
hey mikayla I saw that gay guy again at mcc today
he's bout halfway through twilight

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi guys, i'm just introducing myself here since there's no post to introduce yourself. I'm Rachel, and i'm not really homeschooled. I was homeschooled for 2 years and now i cyberschool. I still do school at home, but it's...different. Do i still count?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

yea all my schoolwork is online

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

wel age-wise fifth but i do 6th grade work

message 16: by Keith (new)

Keith (keifer) | 10 comments have you ever done above grade work in one ciriculum then changed to that same grade stuff in a different one and it says you're like 3 grades behind?

this recently acurred to me it sucks

message 17: by Sarahfina (new)

Sarahfina  (sarahfinaforever) | 840 comments haha my school district still thinks i'm in like the 4th grade!
but i do like 7th to 11th grade work ..depending on what subject.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

last year i was doing 5th grade work but i had to do a 4th grade pssa(a standerdized test) so not only did i have to do reading and math, i also had to do science!

message 19: by Cailin (new)

Cailin (leahynremtp) | 983 comments how old are y'all?

message 20: by Conor (new)

Conor (i got me some bathing apes!) | 634 comments im 15, and i do college work (albeit a community college)

message 21: by Cailin (new)

Cailin (leahynremtp) | 983 comments my bro does that too, but he's 17

message 22: by Conor (new)

Conor (i got me some bathing apes!) | 634 comments oh cool. does he go to mcc? (i might know him)

message 23: by Cailin (new)

Cailin (leahynremtp) | 983 comments no, cvcc

message 24: by Conor (new)

Conor (i got me some bathing apes!) | 634 comments what does that stand for?

message 25: by Sarahfina (new)

Sarahfina  (sarahfinaforever) | 840 comments i have no idea.
and i'm 13

message 26: by Keith (new)

Keith (keifer) | 10 comments im 14