Morning Coffee Group discussion

Television > TRUE BLOOD on HBO

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joey (new)

Joey (joeyfoto) | 187 comments Mod
anyone else love this show?

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen | 22 comments I really like it - but my imagination with the novel was so much better and I think the novels are also funny - not straigt horror - and the way that Eric and Pam "floated" away from Fangtasia - they just moved quickly in the book - they could have blurred the two of them - had them stop briefly to talk to Sukie - and then blurred them again and have them disappear. Well - I'm being too picky - I have a hard time loving the film and t.v. versions of the books I read!!! :) But I can't wait to watch Twilight when it hits the movie theaters. Speaking of movies - anyone seen The Express? I've got to go and see that, though I know I'll cry.

message 3: by Lakeshia (new)

Lakeshia Hi Jen

Actually a friend of mine told me about the show. She said it was weird but in an intriguing way. I caught an episode of it. It makes me want to go out and get HBO.

message 4: by Maurean (new)

Maurean (moreads) | 4 comments I haven't seen the series, but I love the books! My mom tells me that they have adhered fairly well to the storyline (which is sometimes not the case with books->film)

BTW, Lakeshia, if you have Netflix, they are putting the first series on disk (I don't have HBO either!)

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen | 22 comments Maureen -

I have all the books and won't give them away because I love them so. The only thing that I'm disappointed in is that they've made the show a "film noir" version - and left out the funniness that I think Harris imbues the stories with. I think I might reread them - if I can get them in now that school's open - because I have loved them so much. Yeah - they are staying pretty close to the grain with the plot, though. Your Mom is right. :)

Jen

message 6: by Alex (new)

Alex (bigalreno) | 2 comments wierd but awesome. my mom likes vampire shows so we watch it. we also watch dexter.