Literature & Film discussion

Introduction

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:15PM) (new)

Kimley | 201 comments Mod
Welcome everyone. This is the place to chat about what we love and hate in the film versions of our favorite books.

In order to keep the group lively, I propose we choose a book/film(s) once a month to discuss.

And feel free to just start a topic on anything else your little heart desires.

We've been having quite a lot of lively film chatter so this should be pretty interesting!

message 2: by Kimley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:15PM) (new)

Heh, heh. I'd say we all share the guilt pretty equally on this one. Let the games begin.

message 3: by Kimley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:15PM) (new)

OK, I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't read this book but I am shocked that the U.S. edition was edited - or censored in my opinion. Is this still the case today or have they reverted it to its original? Keep the author's work intact and let the public decide what they think!

message 4: by Kimley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:15PM) (new)

Please discuss away!

Yes, I know, I really need to read this. It's been on my list forEVER. You know how it goes...

This is one of those situations where the film is so iconic and so indelibly imprinted on my brain that reading the book will most likely give me the feeling of walking backwards - in slow motion.

message 5: by Tosh (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:16PM) (new)

Tosh | 68 comments Hmm, so the original ending was in the British editon, which by the way the U.K. banned the film for over.... twenty something years. Or wait, Kubrick himself withheld showing the film due to real street violence at the time.

I can't remember the original ending, because I read the first American edition -does Alex get married and raise a family?