The Book Challenge discussion

a-m > Gina's Book Challenge

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gina (new)

Gina So, I decided that I need to get back into reading. I feel like I used to be able to read and read and read. I could finish books quickly and then when I started college I stopped joy reading. It was sad.

So now that I'm out of school and the summer is over, now it's time to cuddle up with a good book.

So starting today October 14th, I am going to try to read 50 books. I think it seems to be a bit much for me, but I think that if I can keep myself reading that it could be a good thing. My fingers are crossed and besides, I could always readjust if I need to throughout the year.

Today, starts my first book which is Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks.

message 2: by Gina (new)

Gina 1. Nights in Rodanthe - Nicholas Sparks: It was a great love story. I love good love stories every so often, and this was definitely a good one. It was also a really easy read. Also, I've never cried so much over a book...ok...I take that back. I haven't cried lately so much over a book.

2. Sir Gawain and The Green Knight- Unknown: I loved this book. I had never read the full thing before. It's definitely worth the read if you can get through it.

Next Book: The Lucky One- Nicholas Sparks

message 3: by DelGal (new)

DelGal | 92 comments Mod
Gina -

Good luck with your reading! It's definitely no fun reading when you've got to read so much for school so it's always great when everything is over and you can just read what you want, when you want etc.

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 64 comments I just started my "50 Books in a Year" challenge last week. I'm the same as you and used to be able to read all the time, but when I started college I lost that "reading frenzy" and am using this challenge to get back into reading....I've missed it:( How did you like "The Host"???? And is "The Duchess" the book that the new movie that's coming out is based off of????