What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Princess in Ancient Crete

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Coral Rose (new)

Coral Rose (coral_rose) | 10 comments I read this maybe 11 or 12 years ago, I remember it as a yellow hardcover from the library. I thought Ian Serraillier was the author, but perhaps I just read something of his at the same time. I don't remember all of the book, I know that there was an escape going on from the city at the end, that someone was sent in to this grove by themselves to meet the god, and that the princess danced in a groupu of maidens at a festival.
Not helpful, but what I've got.

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (kristathekrazykataloguer) | 104 comments Moon Over Crete by Jyotsna Sreenivasan (c1996)?
Ariadne, Wake! by Doris Orgel (c1994)?

message 3: by Cassiel (new)

Cassiel It sounds a lot like:

The King Must Die: A Novel
by Mary Renault (1958)

message 4: by Coral Rose (new)

Coral Rose (coral_rose) | 10 comments Sadly, none of those are it. It's actually Renault's books that reminded me of this old one. I was looking for an book for a young friend and I remembered this one. I'm sorry I can't remember any more.

message 5: by CLM (new)

CLM | 302 comments I vaguely remember a Madeleine Polland book with a similar plot but now that I look Daughter of the Sea appears to be a time travel. I unfortunately do not own all her books but will try to ponder.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39865 comments Mod
Coral Rose, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 906 comments Could it be Lost in the Labyrinth by Patrice Kindl?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39865 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Coral Rose, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.