BCCHS Book Club discussion

Welcome to our first online discussion board!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alicia (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:13PM) (new)

Alicia | 1 comments Mod
Welcome parents, students, teachers:
We are reading "Many Stones". This book dealt with the relationship between a teenage girl and her father who travel together to South Africa, for very sad reasons. I found myself, as an adult, lacking patience with the teenager, yet understanding what it was like to be that age. I loved the setting in South Africa, where I felt like I could travel the world in the pages of a book. What were your thoughts of the book?

message 2: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia I thought that the book Many Stones was quite unique. Never had such experience of teen life, like the one that Berry faces throughout her life. Even since the death of her older sister, Morgan she felt that she wasn't needed in life. She didn't like her father at all. Sometimes parents have a way of making their child feel like they don't really notice you.

However, Berry's father did have arrangement with Berry to go to Africa for a trip. But to Berry she didn't want to be in Africa, the place where Laura got killed. She felt the need to leave her father behind and not look back.