tbr-reading-challenge discussion

Current > hi all! my 6 books

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blarneygod (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:13PM) (new)

Blarneygod I have two over flowing book cases of books that I have not read, yet still I am always buying more books. I really need to make a dent in my collection before I buy any more books. I read mostly romance novels, but I am also trying to spread my interests out... This is how I accumulated so many books... I will buy a classic, mainstream fiction, or mystery book that looks interesting and then it will live on my book shelf forever while I continously turn back to my easy-read romances. In my list I have avoided any romance titles (I don't count chic lit as romance:) because it is not the romance novels that have trouble getting off my shelves.
October:Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris -read (Oct)
November:The Trouble with Magic by Madelyn Alt -read (Oct)
December: The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus (Jan)
January: Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
February: Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie
Kinsella
March: Wicked by Gregory Maguire (I originally put 5 books instead of six... oops... so I added this one)

message 2: by Blarneygod (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:22PM) (new)

Blarneygod I just finished Dead Until Dark on my list. I loved it! It was a very fun and fast read. Unfortunately, now I feel I must imediately go to the library and get the rest in the series!!!! At least I am not buying any books this time, but they will still be a distraction from reading what is currently on my shelf. Oh well I got my book read for this month... next will be The Trouble with Magic... Hopefully it will be as entertaining as this last book that I just read:)

message 3: by Blarneygod (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:26PM) (new)

Blarneygod I just finished November's book, The Trouble with Magic (Yes, I realize it is still only October:). I enjoyed it a lot. It was another fun easy read. I will also be looking for the rest of this series at the library or used bookstore. I definitely have a habit of going full force when starting something new then slowing down. I also picked two, not so intimidating books, to start me out with the challenge. Hopefully, this time I will keep up my momentum and make some headway with my overflowing book shelves;) Next is the Nanny Diaries... I put this one for December because the movie version comes out on video then. I bought the book Eragon but after watching the movie I didn't want to read the book as much... stil have not read that one.

message 4: by Blarneygod (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:04PM) (new)

Blarneygod Well, November has come to an end and I have yet to finish the Nanny Diaries... I got side tracked by some new library books (all romances). It is still my goal for December, but first I want to finish my big stack of library books. Lots of reading planned for this month;)

message 5: by Blarneygod (last edited Jan 08, 2008 05:33AM) (new)

Blarneygod I had a slow start with Nanny Diaries... It took me until the begining of January to get past the first 50 pages. Once I did it only took me a week to read. Despite a slow start, I loved this book. A fun read. I better get going on Angels and Demons to get caught up on my list;)

message 6: by Blarneygod (last edited Feb 29, 2008 05:16PM) (new)

Blarneygod I have not been very good about reading one book a month, so I have added 3 books to my list to replace the ones that I did read... I am hoping that I may be more motivated to read one of these three than the remaining three on my list. They are all still books that have been sitting on my shelves here at home forever ofcourse;) My current 6 books are (now in no particular order):
Angels and Demons
Confessions of a Shopoholic
Wicked
Smothering - Feb
Size 12 is not Fat - Feb
A is for Alibi

message 7: by Blarneygod (new)

Blarneygod I just finished Smothering by Wendy French. It was a fun, fast, chic lit book. I completely enjoyed it. Once I finally sat down to read it, it only took me two days.

message 8: by Blarneygod (new)

Blarneygod I just finished Size 12 is not Fat by Meg Cabot in two days. It was a fun read. I will keep my eye out for this author in the future. Good chic lit.

message 9: by Blarneygod (last edited May 13, 2008 09:19AM) (new)

Blarneygod Well May is here and I have not finished a book on my list since Feb... so I have freshened up my list again by adding two more titles to replace the books I read in Feb.

Angels and Demons
Confessions of a Shopoholic
Wicked
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants - May
A is for Alibi
The Time Traveler's Wife

message 10: by Blarneygod (last edited May 13, 2008 09:22AM) (new)

Blarneygod I loved Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!!!!!

To replace this one I have added Twilight by Stephanie Meyer... My mother in law loaned me this book a long time ago and I really should read it and return it.

message 11: by Maria (new)

Maria Elmvang (kiwiria) | 123 comments Mod
"The Time Traveler's Wife" is one of my favourite books. Hope you'll like it too.

"Twilight" is just wonderful :)

message 12: by Blarneygod (new)

Blarneygod After having it for many months... my mother in law finally asked for her book back, Twighlight... so it is currently off my TBR list. I don't know which of my many books on my shelf that I am going to replace it with yet... I will think about it.

message 13: by Maria (new)

Maria Elmvang (kiwiria) | 123 comments Mod
Hi Anwen,

No, I didn't find TTW hard to keep up with at all. The jumping back and forth in time takes some getting used to, but in no way difficult to follow.

Twilight is excellent :)

TheReadingKnitter/ Kasey (thereadingknitter) I didn't find The Time Travler's Wife hard to keep up with it was just the first maybe 100 pages was slow for me. Harder to get into the some books that I've read so far.

message 15: by Blarneygod (new)

Blarneygod I borrowed another copy from the used bookstore so I am reading twilight again... so far i love it.

message 16: by Blarneygod (new)

Blarneygod finished twilight finally! Once I got started I read it in a flash. A highly entertaining easy read. I only hope that the rest of the series is as good as the first. can't wait until the movie!