Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories, #1) Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark discussion

Kind of book but I like it

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vannah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vannah This book is kind of scary! At least I can scare my brother with it!

Tressa lol my brother is to old to got scared with stories from this book but my sis isnt

message 3: by noah (new)

noah I read this book when I was about seven or eight and the pictures scared the bejeezus out of me. They actually still do. I gave this book a good rating because they actually are scary stories. Most scary story books are a little weird but not actually scary.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* I read this when I was a kid, and now 20 years later I still remember loving it. Especially the playful poetry/stories about passing the food around at parties. Need to find these again for the home library for old times sake.

MpaulM My four year old daughter loves this book. I have to read the same two stories all the time: The graveyard one, and the toes one. Pretty good book for kids.

Kassandra yes i think tht this book is vary scary! i advise u not to read it at NIGHT!

REYN This book holds a lot of value to me. When I was about seven or eight years old I read this book and was inspired to write short horror stories of my own. The legend began.

Delaney I used to love this book, I think I was in elementary school when I first read this. I'm way older now, but I love it!

Meghan I love this book, it's my favorite childhood book. The stories we're good, but the drawings by Steven Gammel made the book really creepy. I have all 3 of Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark~

Nickey Vu this is the type of book i run to when i need a REAL SCARE, when the modern self-authoring "scary" book becomes a whole plot of things trying to make you scare instead of getting straight to the point and give me a real scare.

message 11: by Noon (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noon I used to check these books out of the library all the time when I was a kid and it's still a favorite! The art work is very unique, and are creepy as h#ll on their own. I think these books were one of the reasons my brother and I became addicted to horror at a young age (the Aliens movies, John Carpenter's The Thing, The Theif of Always, etc.). It really lives up to it's name!

message 12: by Anne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anne Hagins Even though it was my favorite book as a kid, I still can't understand why kids love it so much. I think I actually have a bit of a harder time reading it now than I did then. Freaking amazing book.

message 13: by Anne (last edited Mar 18, 2014 10:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anne Hagins Btw does anyone know Gammell's medium? I want to say pen or pencil, but he shading is unnaturally even.

message 14: by Emmy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emmy Anne wrote: "Btw does anyone know Gammell's medium? I want to say pen or pencil, but he shading is unnaturally even."

I believe he used watercolors. I saw a video about this somewhere.

Matthew I read this when I was 9 or 10. The images were sometimes so creepy I couldn't read the entire story. I want to read this again now that I am older.