Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories, #1) Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark discussion

Kind of book but I like it

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vannah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vannah This book is kind of scary! At least I can scare my brother with it!

Tressa lol my brother is to old to got scared with stories from this book but my sis isnt

message 3: by noah (new)

noah I read this book when I was about seven or eight and the pictures scared the bejeezus out of me. They actually still do. I gave this book a good rating because they actually are scary stories. Most scary story books are a little weird but not actually scary.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* I read this when I was a kid, and now 20 years later I still remember loving it. Especially the playful poetry/stories about passing the food around at parties. Need to find these again for the home library for old times sake.

MpaulM My four year old daughter loves this book. I have to read the same two stories all the time: The graveyard one, and the toes one. Pretty good book for kids.

Kassandra yes i think tht this book is vary scary! i advise u not to read it at NIGHT!

REYN This book holds a lot of value to me. When I was about seven or eight years old I read this book and was inspired to write short horror stories of my own. The legend began.

Delaney I used to love this book, I think I was in elementary school when I first read this. I'm way older now, but I love it!

Meghan I love this book, it's my favorite childhood book. The stories we're good, but the drawings by Steven Gammel made the book really creepy. I have all 3 of Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark~

Nickey Vu this is the type of book i run to when i need a REAL SCARE, when the modern self-authoring "scary" book becomes a whole plot of things trying to make you scare instead of getting straight to the point and give me a real scare.

message 11: by Noon (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noon I used to check these books out of the library all the time when I was a kid and it's still a favorite! The art work is very unique, and are creepy as h#ll on their own. I think these books were one of the reasons my brother and I became addicted to horror at a young age (the Aliens movies, John Carpenter's The Thing, The Theif of Always, etc.). It really lives up to it's name!

message 12: by Anne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anne Hagins Even though it was my favorite book as a kid, I still can't understand why kids love it so much. I think I actually have a bit of a harder time reading it now than I did then. Freaking amazing book.

message 13: by Anne (last edited Mar 18, 2014 10:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anne Hagins Btw does anyone know Gammell's medium? I want to say pen or pencil, but he shading is unnaturally even.

message 14: by Emmy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emmy Anne wrote: "Btw does anyone know Gammell's medium? I want to say pen or pencil, but he shading is unnaturally even."

I believe he used watercolors. I saw a video about this somewhere.

Matthew I read this when I was 9 or 10. The images were sometimes so creepy I couldn't read the entire story. I want to read this again now that I am older.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood I just read this a couple years back when I was.... 26 or 25 and it scared me! Mostly the pictures did it seeing as you can't always tell when one is on the next page. Loved reading it when it was raining it set the mood!