College Students! discussion

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
didn't particularly like this one so much. For some reason i just knew what was going to happen. I don't really know why I didn't care for it..i just didn't.

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen | 111 comments I found this one entertaining. I wish I could have a better picture in my head of what the thing in the jar looked like. With people believing it was a kitten or their own child, Im not really sure what to imagine. I felt kinda bad for Charlie. he bought a jar to put on display because he was so desparate to make friends. I guess the people dont have too much to amuse them if they were at his house all the time staring at the jar. And why do they make the same exact comments at every meeting. I dont understand how people could keep their interest in something like that.
I really didnt like his wife because instead of supporting Charlie she seemed against him and as if she didnt really want him to be happy. I think Charlie was probably better off with her leaving all the time. Do you really think she went to the carnival to ask about the jar or was she just making up the story in order to convince Charlie to get rid of it ??

message 3: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
I kind of thought she really didn't go..I think she just wanted to rain on his parade and she knew that he would believe her. I agree..I felt bad for him too..he seemed pathetic..but you are right..so did all of the other people that came and sat and looked at the jar. they were just as pathetic. and i didn't like the wife haha..she kind of got what she deserved...not that i'm for chopping off somebody's head if they piss you off..but for the story's sake. haha.