The BFG The BFG discussion

SOOOOOOOOOO GGGGGGOOOOODDDDD

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by tori (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:13PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

tori flores Really good book. It is the funniest book I ever read.

message 2: by Carmen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:57PM) (new)

Carmen I really liked this book. Even though i read it like 10 years ago.

message 3: by TJ (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

TJ I really liked it, Roald Dahl writes very fun children's stories.

Kandice I have read this book out loud to all of my children at least twice! It's a great book no matter how you enjoy it, but reading it aloud, with mandatory funny voices, is the BEST! I have literally made myself hoarse to entertain them. Almost all of his books are more entertaining out loud!

message 5: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Wardhaugh I agree with the sentiment about reading it out loud. It is at least as much fun for the reader as it is for the listeners. Reading it in small groups is a blast, too, especially if you establish a sense of trust so that mistakes are opportunities for laughter as well.

Kandice Mistakes, given his crazy, made-up words, are a huge portion of the fun! His names for uhhum...bodily functions, are a staple in our household!

Alexandria this book is awsomeness!!!!!!!

Becky I read this book to my younger brother all the time. I really enjoyed this book when I was younger. I love how he has made up so many cool things and names. VERY CLEVER!

Alexandria i know, right?!

Becky i really enjoy this book

Sierra Bookworm☺️♪ my second grade teacher read this aloud for the class, and i fell in love with it. its hilarious!

Becky Haha
my grandmother gave it to me for my 6th birthday!

Sierra Bookworm☺️♪ aww i dont own it =(. i plan on owning it soon though!

Janeen-san Michelle wrote: "I agree with the sentiment about reading it out loud. It is at least as much fun for the reader as it is for the listeners. Reading it in small groups is a blast, too, especially if you establish..."

That's true!!! I LOVE this book; my family and I first listened to it on audio when we went camping, and we stayed up all night in the tent laughing our heads of over the part when the BFG was writing those dreams down on the jars and reading them to Sofie!

Becky love it!

message 16: by vampire (new)

vampire lover I heard it in 4th grade and 5th grade soo 2 times i heard it bet that

Becky I think I am going to read it now.. see ya

Night Fury Da book is totally CRAZY!!!
I mean it's soooo... dotty =P
But I still find it a gr8 read to cheer me up after devouring other more... ahem not-so-funny reads...

Anyhow... BFG IS hilarious alright

Taylor Ross i loved this book!!!!! i thought it was HILARIOUS alright!:)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Janeen-san wrote: KEEP IT UP, Dalh!"

Doubtful I'm afraid.

Renée Horrorshow wrote: "Janeen-san wrote: KEEP IT UP, Dalh!"

Doubtful I'm afraid."

LOL, yups don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon!

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) I LOVE THIS BOOK! It's sad that he's dead now. :(

Dristi I love this book. Hehe it's just so fun to read!

Madeline agreed!

Stacy Love it! When I was in sixth grade our teacher read this out loud to us once she found out that most of us had never read a Roald Dahl book. I was hooked from the very first chapter. I've now passed my love for all things Dahl to my son and every summer we read all of his stories again.

Tobin Hoops Janeen-san wrote: "This.Book.Is.Awsome.

hahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahaha!!!!!!! GREAT STORY!! KEEP IT UP, Dalh!"

he is dead so he can not

message 28: by Janeen-san (last edited Oct 14, 2011 11:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Janeen-san UNFORTUNATELY!! He was a great GREAT writer. Lots of imagination. RIP Roald Dahl

message 30: by Wrathofgaia (last edited Nov 14, 2011 08:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Wrathofgaia :( Too bad he can't still write. I like his books! At least he wrote lots of books, though. The BFG was a GREAT one!

message 31: by Aditi *the bookworm* (last edited Nov 25, 2011 08:00AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aditi *the bookworm* Burman The BFG is an absolutely fantastic book!!!!!!!!!!!!.
And Rald Dahl is an absolutely a amazing author!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Starburst my teacher read it to me in the 2nd grade, and i still look back on the book fondly. This is one of Dahl's better efforts.

Aditi *the bookworm* Burman well,it is.

Janeen-san All of them are great books!!

message 35: by Zack (new) - rated it 3 stars

Zack I HATED THIS BOOOK. IT DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH REAL ENGLISH WORDS TO UNDERSTAND

Moose That's the great thing about english - there are plenty of perfectly cromulent words that can be perfectly understood.

message 37: by Ally (new) - added it

Ally this book is great! its full of imagination.

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Everything has been said about it. :)

Somerandom The BFG is my childhood! *hugs book*

Micki Lou This book was made into a cartoon film - (BFG voiced by David Jason) and it was my favourite cartoon growing up. This book is a book every child should be made to read, regardless. I intend to read it to my daughter, along with every book in her Roald Dahl library.

Thank you Mr. Dahl for making a lot of people's childhoods more fun through reading.

Micki Lou Lorna wrote: "It is a pretty good book!!!!!!! Not the best of Roald Dahl but it is still very good!"

Which of his books would you say was his best then as a lot of people would disagree with you on that point?

Claire are you kidding me i mean the book is so gooooood

Vinchi ✌ Agree with everyone!))The book is so loved,hilarious and yes crazy! i LOVE BFG and Roald Dahl, fantastic and funny writer! He has smth that i,we love!I read it when i was 10 years old, now i'm 11 and i want to read it again! ALSO READ THIS!
IN the other discussion of BFG,Rosen wrote us that Steven Spielberg's apparently going to direct a BFG film! i was like *going out and getting the movie faster than anyone* then watches with a thought:Thanks Rosen* <3

Genta Hodo Loved it. Read it like when I was 12 or something, but it captured the way we, as children, used to look at grown-ups. Giants. Horrifying. Monsters. But then you grow up, and you begin to know a Big Friendly Giant, whom you can understand, sympathise and hopefully, love. It is you.