Children's Books discussion

Themes, Topics & Categories > Fall Books for Toddlers/Preschoolers

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Does anyone have any recommendations for Halloween/Fall-themed books for preschool/toddler age?

Thanks!

message 2: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) | 44 comments There is a list of Halloween picture books at Listopia:

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/90...

message 3: by Holly (new)

Holly Isaacson (thetrendygnome) We're Going on a Leaf Hunt by Steve Metzger is a fun Fall book. It takes after We're Going on A Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen. My girls (age 3 and 5) have enjoyed these Halloween books: Harriet's Halloween Candy, Halloween Hats, and Plumply Dumply Pumpkin.

message 4: by ☼Bookish (new)

☼Bookish in Virginia☼  (ren_t) Hi Elizabeth!

You might try "Leaf Man" by Lois Ehlert. I thought the book was only so-so, but others just adored it.

Preschoolers might like Arthur's Halloween book. My kids really like it, although they were a little bit older when we first read it. The book shows all the traditional halloween activities, and isn't scary. In fact, it's about sharing.

"Old Bear" by Kevin Henkes is just out, but it's more about the seasons, and not just autumn. I reviewed it on my website. http://www.booksforkids-reviews.com

And then, of course, their's Clifford. He's got books for every season, I think :)

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth These are such great suggestions! Thank you so much!

message 6: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (ellenjepson) I really like Fall is Not Easy by Marty Kelley. Preschoolers get a huge kick out of the illustrations.

message 7: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (leighb) Ditto for the book "Fall is not easy". It's hilarious and kids and adults love it.

message 8: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay The Little Old Lady Who Was Not afraid of Anything by Linda Williams is great. I'm a preschool teacher and recently read this to my class and they loved it! they were on the edge of their little seats the entire story.