The Chennai Book Club discussion

Book Club Meeting

Comments (showing 1-50 of 601) (601 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

message 1: by Vishy (new)

Vishy | 156 comments Mod
I was wondering if anyone is interested in having book club meetings. We can meet on Sunday mornings or afternoons, once in a month or once in a fortnight, and discuss a specific book that we have decided in advance, or any other literary topic of interest, over a cup of coffee. Interested members, do let me know.

message 2: by Sriram (new)

Sriram (Sriram1) | 12 comments Interested!

message 3: by Vishy (new)

Vishy | 156 comments Mod
@Sriram - Thanks for your interest, Sriram :)

@Sahas - We can wait and see whether a few more people are interested and then we can plan for the first meeting. What do you think?

message 4: by Rohini (new)

Rohini | 6 comments Most certainly yes! Once a month on a Saturday or Sunday would be fine. The more you discuss the more you want to read!

message 5: by Vishy (new)

Vishy | 156 comments Mod
Sundays are good for me too. I prefer Sunday afternoon between 2PM-4PM or 3PM-5PM. A few places that I can think of for our first meeting, are Cafe Coffee Day in Ispahani Centre in Nungambakkam high road, Blissful bites in Ispahani Centre (in the basement), Amethyst Cafe near Satyam theatre and the Oxford Bookshop in Haddows road - it has a nice cafe on the first floor. What do you all think? If you have other suggestions, please let us all know.

message 6: by Vishy (new)

Vishy | 156 comments Mod
@Sahas - Sounds good to me. Which is your preferred venue?

@Sriram and Rohini - Hi :) How does 25th of this month sound to both of you? Will 2PM to 4PM work for you or is 3PM to 5PM better? Which is your preferred venue?

message 7: by Sriram (new)

Sriram (Sriram1) | 12 comments Fine with 25th. 3 pm better :)

message 8: by Ashokha (new)

Ashokha Varshini | 2 comments Count me in and keep me informed, folks :)

message 9: by Ashokha (new)

Ashokha Varshini | 2 comments Anything goes, folks. We'll figure it all out if we meet once.

message 10: by Sriram (new)

Sriram (Sriram1) | 12 comments Fine with CD at IC. :)

message 11: by Vishy (new)

Vishy | 156 comments Mod
Okay :) Let us meet on Sunday, 25th September, at the Coffee Day in Ispahani Centre, Nungambakkam at 3PM. Looking forward to meeting all of you. I will post a reminder message on Friday and Saturday preceding the 25th.

message 12: by Shivanath (new)

Shivanath | 7 comments I want to know whether vishy,sriram and ashoka are all friends or whtr u guys knw each through this forum only, if latter is the case u can join me in your group guys :)

message 13: by Vishy (new)

Vishy | 156 comments Mod
We all met through this forum, Shivanath. You can join us on 25th September.

message 14: by Rohini (new)

Rohini | 6 comments Vishy wrote: "Okay :) Let us meet on Sunday, 25th September, at the Coffee Day in Ispahani Centre, Nungambakkam at 3PM. Looking forward to meeting all of you. I will post a reminder message on Friday and Saturda..."

Sure, will be there on Sunday at 3 p.m. Couldn't reply to the message earlier as I was travelling. Looking forward to it now.

message 15: by Vishy (new)

Vishy | 156 comments Mod
@Rohini - Looking forward to meeting you Rohini. I will post a reminder here again on the Friday and Saturday preceding the 25th.

message 16: by Sivakumar (new)

Sivakumar Thiagarajan | 9 comments can we have it on 18th itself same time same place
Sivakumar
99401 61385

message 17: by Vishy (new)

Vishy | 156 comments Mod
@Sivakumar - It will be too rushed and at short notice. So, I think we should stick to 25th. Do try to come on the 25th. Looking forward to meeting you.

message 18: by Sivakumar (new)

Sivakumar Thiagarajan | 9 comments I will be there postively on 25th at Ispani center at 3pm. Sivakumar

message 19: by Shivanath (new)

Shivanath | 7 comments thanks guys, anyhw hw could i identify u guys so tht i can avoid embarassing moments such as staring others table lols.....

message 20: by swathi (new)

swathi Varahabhatla | 2 comments hai everyone ... it is nice to see so many enthusiastic responses in this thread ..... if invites r still being sent, i would like to have one :)

message 21: by Sivakumar (new)

Sivakumar Thiagarajan | 9 comments Shivanath wrote: "thanks guys, anyhw hw could i identify u guys so tht i can avoid embarassing moments such as staring others table lols....."

we can exchange our mobile numbers so that it will be easy to identify at the first meeting
Sivakumar
99401 61385

message 22: by Vishy (new)

Vishy | 156 comments Mod
@Shivanath - I will leave a message with the Coffee Day guys to direct anyone coming for the Chennai Book Club meeting to a particular table / sofa. That way, it will be easy to get there :) Looking forward to meeting you.

@Swathi - Do come on the 25th Swati. Looking forward to meeting you.

message 23: by Shivanath (new)

Shivanath | 7 comments Nice idea vish, , looking forward to meet u guys

message 24: by Vishy (new)

Vishy | 156 comments Mod
Dear All,

Thought I will give you a gentle reminder :) We are meeting tomorrow (25th September, Sunday) at 3PM at Cafe Coffee Day in Ispahani Centre, Nungambakkam. Looking forward to meeting all of you :)

With best wishes,
Vishy.

message 25: by Vishy (new)

Vishy | 156 comments Mod
Dear All,

I forgot to mention one more thing. I will leave instructions at the Coffee Day counter to direct you to our table, in case you are having problems finding me or others.

With best wishes,
Vishy.

message 26: by Shivanath (new)

Shivanath | 7 comments Todays meeting was really great, i guess i was the odd one in the whole bunch, most of the books you discussed where like greek and latin to me, though even in my wildest dream i never dreamt of meeting authors in my real life, so it was sensational to share a cup of tea with vishy anna and priya madam, to be honest this is the first time outside college i am meeting so many intellectuals from differnt areas, looking forward to meet you guys again.

message 27: by Sriram (new)

Sriram (Sriram1) | 12 comments Nice meeting. Nice people. Good books. Great discussion! New friendships built. One tall glass broken. ahh... but that's part of the (coffee) day :)

I will send an email note to all once vishy sends a test email to the id's.

message 28: by Sriram (new)

Sriram (Sriram1) | 12 comments Hey shiva... No problem. It was just a chill-out meeting. Have fun and don't be so formal :))

message 29: by Shivanath (new)

Shivanath | 7 comments Sriram wrote: "Hey shiva... No problem. It was just a chill-out meeting. Have fun and don't be so formal :))"

Thanks bro : )

message 30: by swathi (new)

swathi Varahabhatla | 2 comments That was a wonderful experience! Got to meet many inspiring passionate readers with varied choices hence introducing me to whole new world

Thanks for the initiative vishy , and sriram for introducing me to this thread.
@shiv .. Trust me even I had to strain my ears quite often to register so many names! I am counting on sriramz list to be published :-)

message 31: by Sivakumar (new)

Sivakumar Thiagarajan | 9 comments Sahasranaman wrote: "Shiva - Yea, you and I should probably start reading more philosophy and romance ;)"
You guys would have a great time. I was not able to make since I had to go to Bangalore. Please keep me informed about the next meeting.

Sivakumar

message 32: by Priya (new)

Priya (Priyavasudevan) | 7 comments Shivanath wrote: "Todays meeting was really great, i guess i was the odd one in the whole bunch, most of the books you discussed where like greek and latin to me, though even in my wildest dream i never dreamt of m..."
Nice meeting you too Shiva....

message 33: by Priya (new)

Priya (Priyavasudevan) | 7 comments I really enjoyed meeting all of you and was thrilled to meet people who love reading as much as I do. Looking forward to next month.

message 34: by Vishy (new)

Vishy | 156 comments Mod
It was wonderful meeting you all yesterday! We had a fascinating conversation on books and literature, and it was wonderful to meet and get to know you all. Can't wait for next month's meeting :) Looking forward to the booklist from Sriram :) I will send you a mail soon.

message 35: by Rohini (new)

Rohini | 6 comments Vishy wrote: "It was wonderful meeting you all yesterday! We had a fascinating conversation on books and literature, and it was wonderful to meet and get to know you all. Can't wait for next month's meeting :) ..."

message 36: by Rohini (new)

Rohini | 6 comments So sad! I missed it! I was eagerly looking forward for the meeting. Something unavoidable and unexpected came up. Will wait for the next meeting and make sure that I attend it. You all seem to be forming an email loop. How do I get into it?

message 37: by Sriram (new)

Sriram (Sriram1) | 12 comments You can send your gmail to me or any one of us and we will loop you in :)

message 38: by Vishy (new)

Vishy | 156 comments Mod
Dear All,

The next Chennai Book Club meeting is scheduled as follows.

Date and Time : 6-Nov-2011, Sunday, 3PM.
Venue : Cafe Mocha at Adyar (72, 1st Avenue, Indira Nagar, Adyar. Ph : 42337024 / 42337025).

Can't wait to see you all there :)

With best wishes,
Vishy.

message 39: by Sivakumar (new)

Sivakumar Thiagarajan | 9 comments will somebody get in touch with me.

My email address is sivapolymed@gmail.com

mobile 99401 61385

Sivakumar

message 40: by Ravi (new)

Ravi :) (ravi14) | 13 comments November seems to be soo long.. :) I will try being there... I didn't know that we were meeting last week-end. .I was in Mocha that morning..

message 41: by Karthik (new)

Karthik J (jkarthik85) | 22 comments Just found this group. Missed the last meet. Would be most intrested to join the next.

Regards,
Karthik

message 42: by GS (new)

GS Nathan (nathangs) | 1 comments Great idea to have meetups like this. Will try and make it on Nov 6th...

message 43: by Vishy (new)

Vishy | 156 comments Mod
@Sivakumar - Hope you can make it to the next meeting.

@Ravi - Hope you can make it to the next meeting. We didn't meet at Mocha last time but in Coffee Day :) But our next meeting is in Mocha.

@Karthik - Hope you can make it to the next meeting on 6th November.

@GS - Hope you can make it to the next meeting.

message 44: by Ravi (new)

Ravi :) (ravi14) | 13 comments :( 6-Nov-2011, Sunday, 3PM. Due to some personal reasons, I am in Hyderabad.. and will be reaching Chennai on 6th Nov late night. I don't think I will be able to attend this.

message 45: by Santhosh (new)

Santhosh Kumar | 3 comments i will try to be there :)

message 46: by Satish (new)

Satish Somasundaram | 7 comments Is this by invitation only...or anyne can attend it..

message 47: by Vishy (new)

Vishy | 156 comments Mod
Dear All,

The next Chennai Book Club meeting is scheduled this weekend, as follows.

Date and Time : 6-Nov-2011, Sunday, 3PM.
Venue : Cafe Mocha at Adyar (72, 1st Avenue, Indira Nagar, Adyar. Ph : 42337024 / 42337025).

Can't wait to see you all there :)

With best wishes,
Vishy.

message 48: by Vishy (new)

Vishy | 156 comments Mod
Yes, it was a wonderful meeting and we had a great conversation. Can't wait for the next meeting. The details of the next meeting are as follows.

Date and Time : 20-Nov-2011, Sunday, 3PM.

Venue :
Amethyst Cafe, Next to Corporation Bank, Whites Road, Royapettah, Chennai-600 014.
Phone : 28541623,45991633,45991634, 45991635

message 49: by Sivakumar (new)

Sivakumar Thiagarajan | 9 comments please inform me about the meeting place by email sivapolymed@gmail.com or mobile 99401 61385

Sivakumar

message 50: by Vishy (new)

Vishy | 156 comments Mod
Our next Chennai Book Club meeting is scheduled on 20-Nov-2011, which is this Sunday. The details are as follows.

Date and Time : 20-Nov-2011, Sunday, 3PM.
Venue : Amethyst Cafe, Next to Corporation
Bank, Whites Road, Royapettah,
Chennai-600 014.

Phone : 28541623,45991633,45991634,

This meeting will be Swathi's last, as she is moving out of Chennai. So, if possible, do try to be there.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Of Mice and Men (other topics)
One Hundred Years of Solitude (other topics)
Aarushi (other topics)
Mrs. Dalloway (other topics)
In Search of Lost Time (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Avirook Sen (other topics)