TV We've Just Watched discussion

Dramas > CSI: (Vegas)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 85 (85 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments To quote Gill Grissom:
"I really miss him"

What did everyone thing of this season's opener?

message 2: by Mystery Girl (new)

Mystery Girl (mysterygirl) | 12 comments It was good. Sad but good.

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 125 comments let's just say that I cried like a freaking baby for 90% of the episode.

I thought it was good..but I hate them for making Warrick die! and I hate them even more for making me cry. haha.

message 4: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I'm not happy about them killing off Warrick either. he was soooo nice to look at. Those eyes!! There better be a damn good looking replacement character!!

message 5: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments SO sad! Warrick was easy on the eyes and flawed in really human ways. I love the original csi so much better than miami or ny, but I guess like everything else it has to evolve. I hope they at least pay tribute to the character by talking about him occasionally.

message 6: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I agree Courtney.
So does anyone remember the wife Warrick had for like 3 episodes....was she the mother of Warrick's kid?

message 7: by Tish (new)

Tish | 5 comments Sad, but good. Roxy--I just assumed she was. Not sure though.

message 8: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Hey, so what does everyone think of the new girl? I forget her name. And CSI without Warrick.

message 9: by Holli (last edited Nov 16, 2008 07:32AM) (new)

Holli I'm still liking the show. I miss characters when they leave but to me it seems true to life...people come and go....lives change. So I'm still good with this show!

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 125 comments csi without warrick is pretty good..but it would be 10 times better if he was still on the show..the new girl..she is starting to grow on me..but not quite there yet.

message 11: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I forgot to ask....what did everyone think about the appearance of Lawrence Fishborne? The episode was TBC but he is supposed to be the fill-in of sorts for Grissum.

message 12: by AP (new)

AP (wwwapmillerauthorcom) | 2 comments No one will ever take the place of Grisham...but for me watching the show and living in Vegas is the most incredible part. I actually had the opportunity to see them filming in action. It's an awesome show but the actor who played the character of Grisham wanted to move onto bigger and better things...you can't blame him...but alas the show will go on and I'm sure will be just as entertaining. I'm a huge fan so I will never stop watching as long as it remains on television.

AP Miller

message 13: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (grammyellen) | 2 comments i stopped watching a couple of years ago.

message 14: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments AP that is cool you got to see them filming. I've always wondered, since you live in Vegas so you recognize locations? DDon't they film down there a lot?

message 15: by AP (new)

AP (wwwapmillerauthorcom) | 2 comments Hi Roxy,

They mainly film near the strip area...it's a more poor area which makes the show more realistic...they have also been seen in the ritzy areas...yes I recognize the locations they are in...it's fun...

message 16: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments That's cool. Thanks, AP

message 17: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Did anyone check out this week's episode? Lawrence Fishborne's character's (Roy?) first day on the job? I think it is going to be interesting and possibly funny having someone of his age as a Level 1 CSI.

message 18: by Liz (new)

Liz (hissheep) Thanks to Roxy I've switched from the topic "CSI" to this one ...

I think I'm going to like Fishburne's addition to the program - I liked last night's ending (not a spoiler) in which he was practicing some beginning research techniques!

message 19: by Holli (new)

Holli I liked it last night too and I felt a bit bad for him not knowing how to do things but really trying to give it his all. He's a great actor and they have him playing a very likeable character. I enjoyed it.

message 20: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I think he will be Grissom-esk in putting forth his full attention and enery into his work and learning new things. It will be interesting to see what sort of background "Ray" has. My husband wondered way he was so eager and almost pushy about being apart of the serial killer case. (previous episode) I noticed when he went to see the serial killer in jail, he hesitated about taking off is wedding ring. Hmmmm.....

message 21: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Last night's episode was interesting and yet strange. Makes me think twice about the steriods my kid had to take for 3 days due to breathing issues.

message 22: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) | 215 comments All caught up on the 2009 Season! That was a great year. A few lackluster episodes, but all in all a great season. Of course I missed Grissom, Warrick, and Sarah. I just saw a great episode with Tim Blake Nelson, impressive.

message 23: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Ray is alright, but he'll never be Grissom. Not seeing Warrick with Nicky just about breaks my heart. Sarah has come back, but we don't know how long she'll be back. Nicky getting that promotion to supervisor is cool. So far the new season is starting out pretty good.

message 24: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments It is odd adjusting to Ray because he is of Grissom's generation so he has all sorts of "wisdom from age" but he is the new guy to the field. He's still learning how to work forensics and sometimes it seems like they forget that.

message 25: by Holli (new)

Holli I actually really enjoy Ray, especially now that this season they gave him more of a role. More to do I guess and more confidence!

message 26: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Laurence Fishburne, does alright as Ray, but I still miss William Petersen, as Grissom. It's nice to have Jorja Fox back, as long as it will last, as Sara. I really miss Warrick, Gary Dourden, wish they hadn't killed him.

message 27: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments I agree Holli! xo

message 28: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments I think he does a good job, it's just not the same though. When I see Laurence Fishburne I see The Matrix. Which I love, all of them.

message 29: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I've grown to like Lawrence Fishburne's character too though for a level 1 CSI it seems like they rely on him an aweful lot.

message 30: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments He's a "star" so I'm sure that's in his contract.

Does anybody else remember him at 14 years old in "Apocalypse Now"?

message 31: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments I seen somewhere on the net, about Marg Helgenberger was going to leave in 2011. I sure hope not. I can't find the site now, but if I stumble on it again i'll post it.

message 32: by Holli (new)

Holli After two-and-a-half seasons, Laurence Fishburne is leaving CSI.

The Oscar-nominated actor’s contract with the show was up and he opted not to renew it, confirms a source. He’s expected to return to features full-time.

It was a major coup for CBS to land Fishburne as a successor to original star William Petersen, who left the series in December 2008.

message 33: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I haven't caught any of this season but I thought they were going to be brink g it to an end.

message 34: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Sorry about the type-o, hazard of posting from mobile device. I remember when Grissom left the actor was saying he'd definitely be back for the series finale in some way. I assumed that meant they were bringing it to an end soon.

message 35: by Holli (new)

Holli It was renewed for another season.... I'm sad to see Laurence Fishburne go as I enjoyed him on here but I'm curious to see what they do now.

message 36: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) | 215 comments Maybe i'm an episode behind or not reading the press. I didn't realize Fishburne was leaving. I enjoyed his role. As much as I said i watched the show mainly for William Peterson's performances, I was watching it with Fishburne.

message 37: by Holli (new)

Holli This just came out in the press this week Jim so you're not behind :) I was watching it with him too.... I had become used to him in his role and I enjoyed the team's interaction with him. I thought he had a great season ahead of him with all that happened in the finale.

message 38: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) | 215 comments As much as I like the other cast of CSI, Zuckor's great scripts and weekly change of actors, there has to be a *STAR*.

message 39: by Holli (new)

Holli Ted Danson Hired as New Star of CSI
Jul 12, 2011 10:08 PM ET
by Michael Schneider

Sam Malone's gone procedural: Ted Danson is returning to broadcast TV, joining the cast of CSI in a leading role.

According to CBS, Danson will play the new grave shift supervisor, moving to Vegas from the Portland crime lab. "He comes to the team as they are still grappling with the professional and personal fallout from last season's take-down of serial killer, Nate Haskell," the network says.

Danson will fill the void left by the departure of Laurence Fishburne, who announced last month that he would depart CSI after two and a half years on the veteran crime procedural. (Fishburne, in turn, replaced original star William Petersen).

The actor just wrapped season three of HBO's Bored to Death, which returns in October. Under the deal to join CSI, he'll still also continue as a regular on Bored to Death.

Last seen regularly on CBS in the sitcom Becker, Danson more recently earned raves (and an Emmy nomination) for his dramatic turn as Arthur Frobisher on FX's critically acclaimed Damages. (Bored to Death also regularly injects plenty of drama into its comedy.)

Danson's busy TV plate also includes occasional visits to HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm. The actor, perhaps still best known for his iconic portrayal of Sam Malone in the sitcom classic Cheers, also starred in the short-lived sitcom Ink for CBS (as well as the more recent Help Me Help You at ABC). Danson received two Emmy Awards as best actor in a comedy series (out of 11 consecutive nominations) for his work on Cheers.

In creating Danson's role, CSI executive producer Carol Mendelsohn is said to have drawn up a new character that is a bit more light-hearted than Fishburne's Ray Langston character (and more in the vein of his predecessor, William Petersen's Gil Grissom).

"You can create a new character on the page, but until the perfect actor comes along and breathes life into it, it's just words," Mendelsohn says. "We're very excited Ted Danson came along."

CBS kicked around the idea of bringing in another major movie star for the role, but later shifted gears and started looking for someone with seasoned TV chops. Danson more than fit that bill — and may even bring a humorous touch to the role.

"From the moment we all started talking about the role, it was clear he couldn't be more perfect," says exec producer Don McGill. "Intelligence, wit, warmth, depth of character and emotion, he brings it all. And now he'll have to bring latex gloves, too."

Danson will also add a star presence and a bit of buzz as CSI makes the move from its longtime Thursday home to Wednesdays, where it will now air at 10 p.m. The show will return for its 12th season starting Sept. 21.

message 40: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) | 215 comments Holli wrote: "Ted Danson Hired as New Star of CSI
Jul 12, 2011 10:08 PM ET
by Michael Schneider

Sam Malone's gone procedural: Ted Danson is returning to broadcast TV, joining the cast of CSI in a leading r..."

Holli, Thanks for the post. I will definitely give the next season a view. I wasn't ecstatic with his acting in Cheers, but i'd enjoyed his acting in Bored to Death and Becker.

message 41: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Ted Danson was also in the TNT show Damages. It was a drama and I believe he was a bad guy.

message 42: by Holli (new)

Holli Damages was on FX and now it's being aired on DirecTV's channel.... it's a GREAT show. I love him... can't wait to see what he does for CSI!

message 43: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I started watching it via Netflix but havent got through the first season yet.

message 44: by Holli (new)

Holli It's a great show... Brad and I love it. We're huge fans of most of what FX puts out.

message 45: by Holli (new)

Holli CSI Exclusive: Jorja Fox Rejoins Series Regular Ranks For Season 12

from TVLine by Michael Ausiello

After four seasons as a recurring guest star, Jorja Fox is returning to CSI this fall as a full-fledged series regular, sources confirm to TVLine exclusively.
The actress — who was a CSI regular for the show’s first seven seasons — left the procedural at the start of Season 8 after appearing in only a handful of episodes. She returned for Season 9, but opted to remain a guest star — until now.

The news comes as CSI is undergoing a major cast shakeup as it enters its 12th season. As previously reported, Ted Danson has joined the cast as a new supervisor, filling a void left by the exit of Laurence Fishburne.

CSI launches its new season on Sept. 21, in a new time slot — Wednesdays at 10/9c.

message 46: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) | 215 comments Wednesday? I wonder what they're moving to Thursday time slot?

Glad to have Jorja this season. If they're gonna reference Grissom, it'd be nice to bring him back for an episode too.

message 47: by Holli (new)

Holli LOVED the addition of Ted Danson to the cast!!!! Totally brought new life to this show.....

message 48: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) | 215 comments I'm two episodes in and Ted Danson's character seemed like a good addition to the show. I'm not seeing a great chemistry between him and the other actors, yet.

message 49: by Holli (new)

Holli I love the show again! I have been bored with it the last season but it seems invigorated now.

message 50: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) | 215 comments Last weeks episode was very promising. This was my favorite show of this season. It's kind of bittersweet when you guess who's the criminal early on. They still seem to have the magic formula, a good script, actors, and great camera work.

I enjoyed the moment when D.B. Russell(Ted Danson) made a mistake similiar to Sara(Jorga Fox) whom he had scolded. I think they're shaping up D.B. Russell's character into a better leader and indeed it was a work tough team to have under you. On the flip side the writing seems to keep tensions between Nick and Catherine, i'm sure it's so they can get replaced next season like former cast members. I guess change is inevitable and i'm still enjoying the show.

« previous 1