Historical Fiction Buddy Reads discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
New Group

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sydney (new)

Sydney | 249 comments Mod
I just started this group and look forward to meeting lots of you who also have a passion for Historical Fiction. Hopefully there will be lots of discussion and lots of "Buddy Reads" formed and enjoyed.

I just finished The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent, which deposits you into the horrific experience of the Salem Witch Trials.

I am now reading The Many Lives & Sorrows of Josephine B. By Sandra Gulland, which is the first of a trilogy of the life of Josephine Bonaparte. It took me a while to relax with the writing style, but I am completely immersed in it now.

I am a 60+ female born and raised in New England.

Sydney

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (inklings) | 2 comments I have not been able to read many historical fictions lately, but one of my all time favorite is "Down Ryton Water", although I suppose it isn't strictly H.F. But I do enjoy reading them when I find a good one and I hope being in this group will help me find some more.

message 4: by Sydney (new)

"Down Ryton Water", is certainly historical fiction. I have not read the book, but I did read the description. The Heretic's Daughter takes place in New England and I bet you would enjoy it.

Sydney

message 5: by Annie (new)

Annie (anniebucknall) Hi all! I'm an avid historical fiction fan with my favourite being Kingdom of Shadows by Barbara Erskine. The Other Boleyn Girl and Outlander would have to be right up there too.

Sydney, I love the sound of The Heretics Daughter. By the look of it, it would be something I'd enjoy.

I write a blog, www.readingwritingranting.blogspot.com and I've joined this group for more recommendations!

Annie

message 6: by Sydney (new)

I hope we will get lots of recommendations here once the group gets going. I loved the Other Boleyn Girl too. The movie was a disappointment after having read the book. I’ve not read Kingdom of Shadows, but I am going to add it to my TBR list.

I am going to check out your blog.

Remember to feel free to add books to the shelf.

Sydney

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.