Clay Clay discussion

for TEENS? (british lingo)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:13AM) (new)

Heather This was one of my favorite books growing up and I can't wait for my daugher to be old enough to enjoy it!

message 2: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:13AM) (new)

Rebecca I'm a little surprised that Clay has been marketed as a "teen book." There is certainly not enough questionable content for me to consider it YA, but perhaps that is because I'm not too familiar with the british lingo. Perhaps the "naughty words" are a bit naughtier than I interpret them to be.

Is "nick" the equivalent of the F word?

message 3: by Amanda (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:14AM) (new)

Amanda This was one of my favorite books. I just loved the way the name sounds as you read it out loud. When my friends started having babies this became the book I gave everyone. I've read it to many children...and that name never gets any less wonderful.

message 4: by NumberLord (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:14AM) (new)

NumberLord I'm going to have to look for this book at the library for my son. I think my teacher back in first or second grade read this to us, and for whatever reason, thirty-some years later, I can still recite the whole name!

message 5: by Christine (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:16AM) (new)

Christine As a first grade teacher, I can tell you that kids still love this book! It is so much fun to read-aloud, and the kids will repeat Tikki Tikki Tembo's whole name throughout the day.

message 6: by Kasatara (last edited Jul 09, 2013 05:51PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kasatara Maybe i should re-read this book but i found it rather forgettable, not saying it wasn't good just not much of it jumped out at me and stayed in my mind.

And i only just realized this thread is 6 years old and not new.