The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > Star Wars: The Old Republic

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Clem | 76 comments Sorry, I was not sure where to put this. I just wanted to give a shout out to anyone who might be planning on playing The Old Republic. With the WOW shout out in the last pod cast I felt it my responsibility to represent :)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

*mutters*
Iwon'tbepulledin, iwon'tbepulledin

message 3: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (forjay) | 51 comments I have several friends in the beta right now and they are really enjoying it, so I went ahead and pre-ordered it.

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim (kskryptonian) | 202 comments So very excited about the EA Origin system they're going to make you use.

message 5: by Jlawrence, S&L Moderator (last edited Sep 07, 2011 10:36AM) (new)

Jlawrence | 964 comments Mod
I definitely want to try it out, if my current PC hardware will permit it.

message 6: by Kev (new)

Kev (sporadicreviews) | 651 comments SWTOR and Guild Wars 2 are on my MUST PLAY list. I'm cheap, so I'll only play the SWTOR trial (if they offer one). I won't subscribe.

Guild Wars 2 won't have a sub - and it's supposedly supposed to run on mid-range systems. Looks great and me and my family will definitely be playing that. /end thread hijack ;-)

SWTOR looks fun and I'm excited to give it a try.

message 7: by Ed (new)

Ed (edwardjsabol) | 171 comments I'd love to play it, but I don't have a Windows computer and don't want a Windows computer. Mac or PS3, and I'll be there.

message 8: by Jeff (new)

Jeff (kafka0622) | 15 comments Kevin wrote: "Sorry, I was not sure where to put this. I just wanted to give a shout out to anyone who might be planning on playing The Old Republic. With the WOW shout out in the last pod cast I felt it my resp..."

I've been in the beta for a couple of months now. It's really great. Pre-order it and you won't be sorry.

message 9: by Jon (new)

Jon Sprunk | 40 comments I've pre-ordered it. Trying to talk my wife into playing when it comes out, too, but (A) she's not as big a SW fan, and (B) she might need a better computer to run it.

Still I'm looking forward to the game. Been jonesing since I quit WoW a few months back.

message 10: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Clem | 76 comments Jeff wrote: "Kevin wrote: "Sorry, I was not sure where to put this. I just wanted to give a shout out to anyone who might be planning on playing The Old Republic. With the WOW shout out in the last pod cast I f..."

Me to sir! Whats your user name!

message 11: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Clem | 76 comments The Holy Order of THAC0 a wow guild off shooting into TOR is participating in recruitment phase 2. We are looking for members as well as Friends and Foes.

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/9963/holy...

message 12: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Eavenson (dannyeaves) | 127 comments I was thinking of offering an allegance to my guild "Prophecy of the Force" but then I saw you want to be on an RP server and am not sure I want to anymore. How's RP going to work in SWTOR?

message 13: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Clem | 76 comments Sorry I failed to read the bbs for several... months. We ended up switching over to PVE, several of us are what you would call lore nerds but were so turned off by the other RP'ers during the betas that we decided going onto a PVE server, where we could RP as desired would be more enjoyable.

The game is so good! Anyone who enjoys story driven RPG's needs to check it out.