Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

Sookie Stackhouse Books > Dead to the World - Book 4

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
Chitty chat yo!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! I love that she and Eric finally got together but I am kinda bummed that he doesn't remember. I would have loved to see Eric give it all up for her... lol. could you picture Eric getting a normal job like some Joe-blow husband. lol

message 3: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I thought this one was great. It had lots of action and romance (Eric LOVE). I like Eric with his memory because Amnesia Eric was too whimpy for me. Oh it was hot, the sex in the shower was A+ but I like Eric as Normal Eric.

It was pretty interesting how Sookie sensed the magic around the witches'/werewolves block. This whole book was great.

And yeah for Debbie getting her head blew off! Go Sookie!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

my 2 fave parts from this book were the shower scene and the end when Sookie kills that b*tch Debbie. lol. I think this was actually my fave of all the books so far. But I have only read up till book 7...

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess | 116 comments I don't know how I feel about regular Eric vs. Amnesia Eric. I like that he lost his memory and seemed vulnerable. I think this is the way he really feels and this is what helps Sookie be with him. But then when Eric is acting like Eric, he's much hotter. The bad boy thing works for him.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (seabsmith) | 19 comments In books 3 and 4 is when things really start heating up in the series. I LOVE them!

Jess, I sooooo agree with you on Eric being Eric, mmmmmmmmmmm.

message 7: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Jess, regular Eric would kick amnesia Eric's wussie ass. He's obviously better as he is rather than the wuss he becomes when he loses his mems. It's gonna rock to see Eric vulnerable in the tv series.

message 8: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) regular Eric would kick amnesia Eric's wussie ass.

Truer (nor funnier) funnier have never been spoken.

message 9: by Jess (new)

Jess | 116 comments Ranata- haha, I think you may be right. Although I don't know if I want to see Eric on t.v walking around confused. Although, seeing him naked. that's a different story. Let's hope the show lasts long enough to get to that moment!

message 10: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (weirdo1) This is my favorite book so far it made me obsessed w/Eric... i do think its funny how Sookie tortures him now w/the memory issue... but i can't wait to see those episodes on HBO. i just finished book 5 and am waiting for 6-8 to arrive from Amazon.. i'm so addicted to this series.

message 11: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I think most Eric fans fell in love with him after this one. I didn't like him as an Amnesic because he came off as too weak and I love Eric just the way he is. Ruthless and Sexy as Hell!

message 12: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (oncethrown) | 8 comments I have to agree with Renata, and I love Ruthless Sexy Eric, but I especially love Ruthless Sexy Eric with a couple mysterious weeks missing.

message 13: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) I like Bubba

message 14: by Shanel (new)

Shanel | 10 comments Ranata wrote: "I think most Eric fans fell in love with him after this one. I didn't like him as an Amnesic because he came off as too weak and I love Eric just the way he is. Ruthless and Sexy as Hell!"

Looking at the dates on these posts, I am like so late with the series, but watching the hbo series has me hooked on the books. I just finished Dead to the World and starting Book 5. I so love Eric now! I hope there is more scenes with Sookie and Eric in the future. Dont spoil it for me though guys!! I cant wait to see Dead to the World play out on the HBO series!!

message 15: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Shanel, I'm so afraid that he's never going to get amnesia on the show. That would be a tragedy.

This book was phenomenal...and even better for how the events affect him later!

It was amusing that Sookie kept saying she didn't know how to handle this version of Eric, that she knew where she stood with him normally. He completely threw her for a loop.

I liked how we got to see which aspects of his personality still held true with his memory gone. He was still fun-loving, proud, daring, fiercely loyal, and a pretty shrewd judge of character. And still naughty! I prefer the bad boy like most everyone else, but it was enlightening to get a glimpse of "what if."

And the shower scene...whew! One of my favorite scenes ever. Gracious plenty!

message 16: by Belindabell (new)

Belindabell | 4 comments Allan Ball said in an interview that Sookie and Bill will have a connection all thru the series on HBo but I think that he should follow the basic premise in the book that eventually it's Sookie and eric who get together 9even if it takes them a while) eric's got nothing but time and he's so deliciously non-chalant, that's why I love him.Bill's a wuss, specially when it pertains to fighting for Sookie since he's scared of Eric.
allan said that he's going to have do change the story or introduce more characters in season 3 because he wants to also surprise the readers or they won't tune in to the series..are you kidding?
Wonder who he'll pick to play Alcide.Not one of my favorite characters, why? because he falls for Debbie Pelt..how blind can you be?

message 17: by Christy (new)

Christy | 127 comments I think the best advice I got was from Sarah who said she looks at the two as seperate entities. There's no way that Ball is going to follow the books word for word. I can see why it's frustrating because we all have this world in our heads and feel like we know what's supposed to happen. But it's just not gonna go down like that apparently. Whatever direction he takes it, I'm still watching and I'll be forever thankful for the addition of Jessica and the saving of Lafayette. I kind of like that I don't know what to expect and that I'm seeing a different interpretation of characters I absolutely love. I'm enjoying the more ruthless version of Eric. I'm hoping that Eric's pusuit of Sookie isn't all about feelings. I hope he's doing it purely because he doesn't want Bill to have her. I love book Eric and I love TB Eric. I love seeing him in a different light.

message 18: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) I'm all for keeping me surprised, but hey, there are some things I'd just love to see play out on screen. Namely, that shower scene!

message 19: by Shanel (new)

Shanel | 10 comments Michelle M. wrote: "I'm all for keeping me surprised, but hey, there are some things I'd just love to see play out on screen. Namely, that shower scene!"

I SECOND THAT! LOL

message 20: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Hell yeah!

Lol. I just had a mental flash of teeny tiny red undies.

I mean, come on. This stuff is golden!

message 21: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (wildflower193) I love all the sookie stackhouse books. bought the set...was six...Now I'm finding out there are more... I am currently reading book 4 and loving it

message 22: by Christy (new)

Christy | 127 comments be careful reading these posts Cathy. Lots of spoilers. Glad you love them like we all do!

message 23: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1 comments This is without a doubt my favourite sookie book! And like every other female on this board I fell for Eric big time after this one... leading up until this book Eric cracked me up but Bill was who I wanted Sookie to be with romantically.

Even at the beginning I was like 'Don't do it!' but the more the book went on the more I loved Eric - amnesia or not! lol! And then after the revelation from Bill (prompted by Eric) in Definitely Dead I went Team Eric 110%

As for the show I've read online recently that Alan Ball has decided that Bill and Sookie will remain together on the show, and that Eric won't be involved... I think this is in large part due to Anna and Stephen being engaged in real life.. however who knows... I for one will be keeping my fingers crossed for the shower scene and red underwear! lol!

message 24: by Belindabell (new)

Belindabell | 4 comments The fact that Alan ball will be keeping Bill and Sookie together is fine...for a while.I find that introducing Eric as the arch rival spices up things and keeps it from being boring since Eric is so blaze about things that the only one that spikes his interest is Sookie.so what if those two are engaged in real life.This is fiction and as in the books,it should be interesting, not ho-hum.