Around the World in 80 Books discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Feb 11, 2014 05:31PM) (new)

Diane | 12814 comments Post any books set in France here.

For more books set in France, see our bookshelf for France: https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

message 2: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Apr 05, 2017 10:25AM) (new)

Diane | 12814 comments Books set in France

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
Les Miserables Sheet Music by Claude-Michael Schonberg Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
A Tale of Two Cities / Great Expectations by Charles Dickens A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Suite Française by Irène Némirovsky Suite Française by Irène Némirovsky
The Red and the Black by Stendhal The Red and the Black by Stendhal
The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo The Hunchback of Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
Nausea by Jean-Paul Sartre Nausea by Jean-Paul Sartre
A Year In Provence by Peter Mayle A Year In Provence by Peter Mayle
My Life in France by Julia Child My Life in France by Julia Child
The Phantom Of The Opera by Gaston Leroux The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
Perfume The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Süskind Perfume: the Story of a Murderer by Patrick Süskind
Chocolat (Chocolat, #1) by Joanne Harris Chocolat by Joanne Harris
A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
The Fall by Albert Camus The Fall by Albert Camus
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly by Jean-Dominique Bauby The Diving Bell and the Butterfly by Jean-Dominique Bauby
The Man in the Iron Mask (The D'Artagnan Romances, #3.3) by Alexandre Dumas The Man in the Iron Mask by Alexandre Dumas
Swann's Way (In Search of Lost Time, #1) by Marcel Proust Swann's Way by Marcel Proust
Dangerous Liaisons by Pierre-Ambroise Choderlos de Laclos Dangerous Liaisons by Pierre A.F. Choderlos de Laclos
Le Père Goriot by Honoré de Balzac Père Goriot by Honoré de Balzac
The Flowers of Evil by Charles Baudelaire The Flowers of Evil by Charles Baudelaire
Bonjour Tristesse by Françoise Sagan Bonjour Tristesse by Françoise Sagan
Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand
Tartuffe by Molière Tartuffe by Molière
Germinal (Les Rougon-Macquart, #13) by Émile Zola Germinal by Émile Zola
Journey to the End of the Night by Louis-Ferdinand Céline Journey to the End of the Night by Louis-Ferdinand Céline
Marie Antoinette The Journey by Antonia Fraser Marie Antoinette: The Journey by Antonia Fraser
Abundance by Sena Jeter Naslund Abundance: A Novel of Marie Antoinette by Sena Jeter Naslund
The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette by Carolly Erickson The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette by Carolly Erickson
Bel-Ami by Guy de Maupassant Bel-Ami by Guy de Maupassant
Paris to the Moon Paris to the Moon Paris to the Moon by Adam Gopnik Paris to the Moon by Adam Gopnik
Nana (Les Rougon-Macquart, #9) by Émile Zola Nana by Émile Zola
Sentimental Education by Gustave Flaubert Sentimental Education by Gustave Flaubert
Eugenie Grandet by Honoré de Balzac Eugenie Grandet by Honoré de Balzac
The Elementary Particles by Michel Houellebecq The Elementary Particles by Michel Houellebecq
The Princesse de Clèves by Madame de La Fayette The Princesse de Cleves by Marie-Madeleine de LaFayette
The Charterhouse of Parma by Stendhal The Charterhouse of Parma by Stendhal
Thérèse Raquin by Émile Zola Thérèse Raquin by Émile Zola
Almost French Love and a New Life in Paris by Sarah Turnbull Almost French: Love and a New Life in Paris by Sarah Turnbull
C'est la Vie An American Woman Begins a New Life in Paris and--Voila!--Becomes Almost French by Suzy Gershman C'est La Vie: An American Woman Begins a New Life in Paris by Suzy Gershman
No Exit and Three Other Plays by Jean-Paul Sartre No Exit and Three Other Plays by Jean-Paul Sartre
Cousin Bette by Honoré de Balzac Cousin Bette by Honoré de Balzac
Madame Tussaud A Novel of the French Revolution by Michelle Moran Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French Revolution by Michelle Moran
A Year in the Merde by Stephen Clarke A Year in the Merde by Stephen Clarke
The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy
In the Shadow of Young Girls in Flower (In Search of Lost Time, #2) by Marcel Proust In the Shadow of Young Girls in Flower by Marcel Proust
The Matchmaker of Périgord by Julia Stuart The Matchmaker of Périgord by Julia Stuart
Hunting and Gathering by Anna Gavalda Hunting and Gathering by Anna Gavalda
Camille The Lady of the Camellias by Alexandre Dumas fils Camille by Alexandre Dumas-fils
The Misanthrope by Molière The Misanthrope by Molière
Nicholas by René Goscinny Nicholas by René Goscinny
The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2) by Dan Brown The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
A Very Long Engagement  by Sébastien Japrisot A Very Long Engagement by Sébastien Japrisot
Gargantua and Pantagruel by François Rabelais Gargantua and Pantagruel by François Rabelais
Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett
Against Nature by Joris-Karl Huysmans Against Nature by Joris-Karl Huysmans
Life A User's Manual by Georges Perec Life: A User's Manual by Georges Perec
French Women Don't Get Fat The Secret of Eating for Pleasure by Mireille Guiliano French Women Don't Get Fat: The Secret of Eating for Pleasure by Mireille Guiliano
L'Assommoir (Les Rougon-Macquart, #7) by Émile Zola L'assommoir by Émile Zola
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
Nadja by André Breton Nadja by André Breton
Lost Illusions (La Comédie Humaine) by Honoré de Balzac Lost Illusions by Honoré de Balzac
I Wish Someone Were Waiting for Me Somewhere by Anna Gavalda I Wish Someone Were Waiting for Me Somewhere by Anna Gavalda
Queen Margot, or Marguerite de Valois (The Last Valois, #1) by Alexandre Dumas Queen Margot, or, Marguerite de Valois by Alexandre Dumas
Antigone by Jean Anouilh Antigone by Jean Anouilh
Twenty Years After by Alexandre Dumas Twenty Years After by Alexandre Dumas
The Miser and Other Plays by Molière The Miser and Other Plays by Molière
Toujours Provence by Peter Mayle Toujours Provence by Peter Mayle
Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris
The Guermantes Way (In Search of Lost Time, #3) by Marcel Proust The Guermantes Way by Marcel Proust (aka In Search of Lost Time)
A Novel Bookstore by Laurence Cossé A Novel Bookstore by Laurence Cossé
Froth on the Daydream by Boris Vian Froth on the daydream by Boris Vian (aka Foam on the Daze)
Story of the Eye by Georges Bataille Story of the Eye by Georges Bataille
Gourmet Rhapsody by Muriel Barbery Gourmet Rhapsody by Muriel Barbery
Before Versailles A Novel of Louis XIV by Karleen Koen Before Versailles: A Novel of Louis XIV by Karleen Koen
Love and Louis XIV The Women in the Life of the Sun King by Antonia Fraser Love and Louis XIV: The Women in the Life of the Sun King by Antonia Fraser
The Age of Reason by Jean-Paul Sartre The Age of Reason by Jean-Paul Sartre
The Complete Essays by Michel de Montaigne The Complete Essays by Michel de Montaigne
Sodom and Gomorrah (In Search of Lost Time, #4) by Marcel Proust Sodom and Gomorrah by Marcel Proust
Pierre Et Jean by Guy de Maupassant Pierre and Jean by Guy de Maupassant
Manon Lescaut by Abbé Prévost Manon Lescaut by L'Abbé Prévost
The Ladies’ Paradise (Les Rougon-Macquart, #11) by Émile Zola The Ladies' Paradise by Émile Zola
Le Mur. by Jean-Paul Sartre The Wall by Jean-Paul Sartre
Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell
Encore Provence by Peter Mayle Encore Provence by Peter Mayle
Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
The Paris Wife by Paula McLain The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
Paris Without End The True Story of Hemingway's First Wife by Gioia Diliberto Paris Without End: The True Story of Hemingway's First Wife by Gioia Diliberto
The Many Lives and Secret Sorrows of Josephine B. (Josephine Bonaparte, #1) by Sandra Gulland The Many Lives and Secret Sorrows of Josephine B. by Sandra Gulland
Lunch in Paris A Love Story, with Recipes by Elizabeth Bard Lunch in Paris: A Love Story, with Recipes by Elizabeth Bard
Sixty Million Frenchmen Can't Be Wrong by Jean-Benoît Nadeau Sixty Million Frenchmen Can't Be Wrong by Jean-Benoît Nadeau
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
Fire in the Blood by Irène Némirovsky Fire in the Blood by Irène Némirovsky
Seven Ages of Paris by Alistair Horne Seven Ages of Paris by Alistair Horne
The Song of Roland by Unknown The Song of Roland by Anonymous
A Life by Guy de Maupassant Une Vie by Guy de Maupassant (aka "A Woman's Life", and, "A Life: The Humble Truth")
The Holy Terrors by Jean Cocteau The Holy Terrors by Jean Cocteau
La Bête Humaine by Émile Zola La Bête humaine by Émile Zola (aka "The Beast Within")
Die Falschmünzer by André Gide The Counterfeiters by André Gide
Timeline by Michael Crichton Timeline by Michael Crichton
Complete Works by Arthur Rimbaud Complete Works by Arthur Rimbaud
The Virgin Blue by Tracy Chevalier The Virgin Blue by Tracy Chevalier

message 4: by Mareike (last edited Sep 29, 2011 03:35PM) (new)

message 7: by Peter (last edited Feb 13, 2012 11:49AM) (new)

message 8: by Sterling (new)

Sterling Gate Books (sterlinggatebooks) | 19 comments The Ninth Orphan
This international thriller novel is set primarily in France.

It is FREE for Kindle readers now to March 19 PST.

A regular on Amazon’s bestseller list in its Conspiracy Books category, it’s a high-octane thriller with an edge.

How do you catch a man who is never the same man twice? That is the question posed in The Ninth Orphan...

An orphan grows up to become an assassin for a highly secretive organization. When he tries to break free and live a normal life, he is hunted by his mentor and father figure, and by a female orphan he spent his childhood with. On the run, the mysterious man's life becomes entwined with his beautiful French-African hostage and a shocking past riddled with the darkest of conspiracies is revealed.

Here’s what reviewers are saying about this mainly 5 Star-reviewed novel:

★★★★★ "Action-packed and very well written" –Have You Heard Book Review
★★★★ "A Cloak and Dagger Grand Prix" –The Kindle Book Review
★★★★ "In the spirit of all great spy stories" –The Write Edge Bookshelf
★★★★★ "Do yourself a favor, read this book!" –Holy Smoley Book Review

More reviews are welcomed!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0056I4FKC
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0056I4FKC
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B0056I4FKC

Best from

Lance & James –
authors of The Ninth Orphan and Fiji

message 10: by Jan (last edited Nov 18, 2014 10:56PM) (new)

Jan Moran (janmoran) | 13 comments Scent of Triumph A Novel of Perfume and Passion by Jan Moran

I'd like to add my novel, Scent of Triumph, about a female French perfumer set during WWII. Some of you might have seen it when it was published in 2012. It's been completely revised with a new ending under the guidance of St. Martin's Press, who acquired it. Look for it in March, 2015 for a fabulous relaunch. Enjoy!

message 12: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (daniellecobbaertbe) | 68 comments Une soupe aux herbes sauvages- Emilie Carles. Sorry for the french title; it does exist in English as well. About life in a French village from 1906 till 1977

The Olive Season - Carol Drinkwater

message 14: by Anne (new)

Anne Trager (anne_trager) | 13 comments Here's a book set in France: The Paris Lawyer by Sylvie Granotier is a legal procedural that doubles as a psychological thriller. I wanted to translate this book because I found the author's psychological portrayal of the characters to be very moving and on target. It's a gripping and powerful whodunit that is also about reconciliation with those we have lost. It really spoke to me, personally. In it, as a child, Catherine Monsigny was the only witness to a heinous crime. Now, she is an ambitious rookie attorney in sophisticated modern-day Paris. She lands a major felony case that takes her to a peaceful village in central France, where the beautiful, rolling hills hold dark secrets. There, her own past comes back to haunt her. Edgar-award winning author Thomas H. Cook said it is "beautifully written and elegantly structured." The Paris Lawyer by Sylvie Granotier

message 15: by Meran (new)

Meran I vote for The Elegance of the Hedgehog

message 16: by Anne (new)

Anne Trager (anne_trager) | 13 comments The Elegance of the Hedgehog is a good choice. I will also put in a plug for the other two books I recently translated, just for fun:
- Treachery in Bordeaux is a classic whodunit set in French wine country, with a great sense of place. It is the first in a 20-book series that is a hit on French TV.
- The 7th Woman. This is an edge-of-your-seat police procedural set in Paris. Seven meets CSI in the City of Light. It's already an international bestseller, was named Best Crime Fiction Novel of the Year and won France's prestigious Prix du Quai des Orfèvres.

message 17: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (kate47) | 7 comments Bonjour Tristesse by Francois Sagan, This is more a novella, a very quick read but a french classic. It was published in 1954 and caused quite a stir as the author was only 18 years old.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Ever so slightly off topic, but anyone have suggestions of new French books that are wildly popular in France?

message 19: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 96 comments Cara Black writes a mystery series set in Paris. The first book in the series is Murder in the Marais.

message 20: by Matthias (new)

Matthias Leue | 2 comments Fish Camping And Other Travel Stories by Matthias Leue

Hello,

I have just joined goodreads and this group. I saw that this is the appropriate place to list new books for goodreads authors for your group, so I would like to do so. Much of my first book takes place in France, so I am delighted to post some information about it here.

Best regards,
Matthias Leue

Fish Camping takes place during the time span of 1996 to 2002. It is a collection and recollection of family adventure travel stories, with a dash of humor, and involving culinary tidbits for the reader to devour. The stories usually take place during summer on the way to see family and relatives in Germany and France. Cultural observations are duly noted and expanded upon on these trips. Further travel stories take place in the USA, exploring California, Oregon and Arizona. A brief visit to the East Coast is included too. Numerous watercolors and drawings enhance what has not been left to the reader's imagination.

message 21: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Hilyer (winetraveller) | 1 comments Hello everyone

This is a plug for my Saint Emilion Mystery "Broke the Grape's Joy"...

Assuming that the world doesn't end today, my book Broke the Grape's Joy will be available to download for FREE from the 21st to the 25th of December. You can read twenty 4* and 5* star reviews on amazon.co.uk as well as lots here on Goodreads!

Happy Christmas and happy reading.

Patrick.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Broke-the-Gra...

Broke the Grape's Joy by Patrick Hilyer
Broke the Grape's Joy

message 23: by Karen (new)

Karen | 1 comments Paris Paris by Andi Watson

Great story in graphic novel format.

message 24: by Anne (new)

Anne Trager (anne_trager) | 13 comments There's a Goodreads giveaway on now for this gripping Paris-based police procedural: The 7th Woman, by Frédérique Molay

http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho...

message 25: by Caitlin (last edited Oct 19, 2013 04:20AM) (new)

Caitlin Lillie (kiwibookworm) Les vacances du petit Nicolas by René Goscinny
Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
Or something by Georges Perec

message 26: by Samantha McNulty (last edited Dec 26, 2013 10:27AM) (new)

message 27: by Matthias (new)

message 31: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Aug 02, 2017 07:23AM) (new)

Diane | 12814 comments Books set in the Aquitaine region of France:

An Acre Of The Dordogne by Ian Burgess An Acre Of The Dordogne by Ian Burgess
At Home in France Tales of an American and Her House Abroad by Ann Barry At Home in France: Tales of an American and Her House Abroad by Ann Barry
The Billionaire's Vinegar The Mystery of the World's Most Expensive Bottle of Wine by Benjamin Wallace The Billionaire's Vinegar: The Mystery of the World's Most Expensive Bottle of Wine
Blackbird Fly (Bennett Sisters #1) by Lise McClendon Blackbird Fly by Lise McClendon (1st book in Bennett Sisters series)
The Bordeaux Betrayal (Wine Country Mysteries #3) by Ellen Crosby The Bordeaux Betrayal by Ellen Crosby
Born of Love by Barbara Cartland Born of Love by Barbara Cartland
Broke the Grape's Joy by Patrick Hilyer Broke the Grape's Joy by Patrick Hilyer
Bruno, Chief of Police (Bruno, Chief of Police #1) by Martin Walker Bruno, Chief Of Police by Martin Walker (1st book in series)
A Castle in the Backyard The Dream of a House in France by Betsy Draine A Castle in the Backyard: The Dream of a House in France by Betsy Draine
The Caves of Perigord by Martin Walker The Caves of Perigord by Martin Walker
The Chase by Lorna Fergusson The Chase by Lorna Fergusson
The Cockleshell Raid Bordeaux 1942 by Ken Ford The Cockleshell Raid - Bordeaux 1942 by Ken Ford
Cold Winter in Bordeaux by Allan Massie Cold Winter in Bordeaux by Allan Massie
A Coming Evil by Vivian Vande Velde A Coming Evil by Vivian Vande Velde
The Courts of Love (Queens of England, #5) by Jean Plaidy The Courts of Love by Jean Plaidy
Dark Summer in Bordeaux by Allan Massie Dark Summer in Bordeaux by Allan Massie
Dead and Breakfast by David A. Crossman Dead and Breakfast by David A. Crossman
Deadly Slipper by Michelle Wan Deadly Slipper by Michelle Wan (1st book in Death in the Dordogne series)
Death in Bordeaux by Allan Massie Death in Bordeaux by Allan Massie
The Devil's Cave (Bruno, Chief of Police, #5) by Martin Walker The Devil's Cave by Martin Walker
The Dordogne Deception by Sherry Joyce The Dordogne Deception
An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination A Memoir by Elizabeth McCracken An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination: A Memoir
A French Affair by Katie Fforde A French Affair by Katie Fforde
French Secrets by Roisin McAuley French Secrets by Roisin McAuley
Mempelai Sang Jutawan Prancis (The Frenchman's Bride) by Rebecca Winters The Frenchman's Bride by Rebecca Winters
The Frontenac Mystery by François Mauriac The Frontenac Mystery by François Mauriac
Hiss (Pack Rulez, #5) by Kassanna Hiss by Kassanna
A Gown of Thorns by Natalie Meg Evans A Gown of Thorns by Natalie Meg Evans
Grape Expectations A Family's Vineyard Adventure in France by Caro Feely Grape Expectations: A Family's Vineyard Adventure in France by Caro Feely
The Gypsy Madonna by Santa Montefiore The Gypsy Madonna by Santa Montefiore
A House in the Sunflowers Living the Dream in the South of France by Ruth Silvestre A House in the Sunflowers by Ruth Silvestre
The House That Berry Built by Dornford Yates The House That Berry Built by Dornford Yates
Late Summer in the Vineyard by Jo Thomas Late Summer in the Vineyard by Jo Thomas
The Marriage Contract  by Honoré de Balzac The Marriage Contract by Honoré de Balzac
The Matchmaker of Périgord by Julia Stuart The Matchmaker of Périgord by Julia Stuart
Ramuntcho by Pierre Loti Ramuntcho by Pierre Loti
The Ripening Sun by Patricia Atkinson The Ripening Sun by Patricia Atkinson
Shadows in the Dordogne A Travel Diary with Unexpected Interruptions by Virginia Willis Shadows in the Dordogne: A Travel Diary with Unexpected Interruptions
Sharpe's Siege (Sharpe, #18) by Bernard Cornwell Sharpe's Siege by Bernard Cornwell
The Sorcerer's Apprentice by François Augieras The Sorcerer's Apprentice by Francois Augieras
Stepping-Stones A Journey through the Ice Age Caves of the Dordogne by Christine Desdemaines-Hugon Stepping-Stones: A Journey through the Ice Age Caves of the Dordogne
Tales from the Dordogne by Rudolph Lea Tales from the Dordogne by Rudolph Lea
Une douce tentation  by Barbara Cartland Temptation of a Teacher by Barbara Cartland
Thérèse Desqueyroux (Textes Francais Classics Et Modern) by François Mauriac Thérèse Desqueyroux by François Mauriac
The Third Girl (Molly Sutton Mysteries #1) by Nell Goddin The Third Girl by Nell Goddin (1st book in Molly Sutton series)
Treachery in Bordeaux by Jean-Pierre Alaux Treachery in Bordeaux by Jean-Pierre Alaux
A Vineyard in the Dordogne How an English Family Made Their Dream of Wine and Sunshine Come True by Jeremy Josephs A Vineyard in the Dordogne: How an English Family Made Their Dream of Wine and Sunshine Come True by Jeremy Josephs
Viper's Tangle by François Mauriac Viper's Tangle by François Mauriac
Wade of Aquitaine by Ben Parris Wade of Aquitaine by Ben Parris

message 33: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Aug 03, 2017 04:00PM) (new)

Diane | 12814 comments Books set in the Brittany region of France (Bretagne)

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
Assignment in Brittany by Helen MacInnes Assignment in Brittany by Helen MacInnes
Asterix and the Picts (Asterix, #35) by Jean-Yves Ferri Asterix and the Picts by Jean-Yves Ferri
Au Cœur du Péril by Barbara Cartland The Bored Bridegroom by Barbara Cartland
Bread of Three Rivers The Story of a French Loaf by Sara Mansfield Taber Bread of Three Rivers: The Story of a French Loaf by Sara Mansfield Taber
A Breath of French Air by H.E. Bates A Breath of French Air by H.E. Bates
Bride of Desire by Sara Craven Bride of Desire by Sara Craven
Celtic Legends of Brittany by O.L. Aubert Celtic Legends of Brittany by O.L. Aubert
Chateau of Echoes by Siri L. Mitchell Chateau of Echoes by Siri Mitchell
Coastliners by Joanne Harris Coastliners by Joanne Harris
The Dark Queen (The Dark Queen Saga, #1) by Susan Carroll The Dark Queen by Susan Carroll (1st book in series)
Death in Brittany (Commissaire Dupin #1) by Jean-Luc Bannalec Death in Brittany by Jean-Luc Bannalec (1st book in Commissaire Dupin series)
Death Set to Music by Mark Hebden Death Set to Music by Mark Hebden (1st book in Inspector Pel mystery series)
Folk Tales of Brittany by Elsie Masson Folk Tales of Brittany by Elsie Masson
The French House An American Family, a Ruined Maison, and the Village That Restored Them All by Don Wallace The French House: An American Family, a Ruined Maison, and the Village That Restored Them All
A Gift from Brittany A Memoir of Love and Loss in the French Countryside by Marjorie Price A Gift from Brittany by Marjorie Price
Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by Robin LaFevers Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers (1st book of His Fair Assassin series)
Hot Water by P.G. Wodehouse Hot Water by P.G. Wodehouse
The Horse of Pride Life in a Breton Village by Pierre Jakez Hélias The Horse of Pride: Life in a Breton Village by Pierre-Jakez Helias
I'll Never Be French (no matter what I do) Living in a Small Village in Brittany by Mark Greenside I'll Never Be French (no matter what I do): Living in a Small Village in Brittany
La Briere by Alphonse de Châteaubriant La Briere by Alphonse de Châteaubriant
The Last Knight by Candice Proctor The Last Knight by Candice Proctor
Le Loup Blanc by Paul Féval père Le Loup Blanc by Paul Féval
Legends and Romances of Brittany by Lewis Spence Legends and Romances of Brittany by Lewis Spence
Liberty Silk by Kate Beaufoy Liberty Silk by Kate Beaufoy
The Little Breton Bistro by Nina George The Little Breton Bistro by Nina George
The Lords Of Vaumartin by Cecelia Holland The Lords Of Vaumartin by Cecelia Holland
Losing the Light by Andrea Dunlop Losing the Light by Andrea Dunlop
Memoirs of a Breton Peasant by Jean-Marie Deguignet Memoirs of a Breton Peasant by Jean-Marie Deguignet
Merlin The Hound Dog Part One; In From The Cold by Freya Barrington Merlin The Hound Dog: Part One; In From The Cold by Freya Barrington
Merlin's Wood (Mythago Wood, #5) by Robert Holdstock Merlin's Wood by Robert Holdstock (5th Book in Mythago Wood series)
The Mermaid's Song by Marianne Willman The Mermaid's Song by Marianne Willman
The Nonexistent Knight by Italo Calvino The Nonexistent Knight by Italo Calvino
Over Strand and Field A Record of Travel Through Brittany by Gustave Flaubert Over Strand and Field: A Record of Travel Through Brittany by Gustave Flaubert
The Oysters of Locmariaquer by Eleanor Clark The Oysters of Locmariaquer by Eleanor Clark
The Portrait by Iain Pears The Portrait by Iain Pears
Princess of Bretagne (Curse of the Lost Isle, #1) by Vijaya Schartz Princess of Bretagne by Vijaya Schartz (Curse of the Lost Isle #1)
Prince of Darkness (Justin de Quincy, #4) by Sharon Kay Penman Prince of Darkness by Sharon Kay Penman (4th book in Justin de Quincy series)
Princess of Glass (The Princesses of Westfalin Trilogy, #2) by Jessica Day George Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George
O Protector (Medieval Series (Chronological order) #5) by Madeline Hunter The Protector by Madeline Hunter
Querelle of Brest by Jean Genet Querelle by Jean Genet
Saints & Changelings Folk-Tales of Brittany by Agnes Ashton Saints & Changelings: Folk-Tales of Brittany by Agnes Ashton
Satori in Paris by Jack Kerouac Satori in Paris by Jack Kerouac
Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini
Seasons of the Moon by Julien Aranda Seasons of the Moon by Julien Aranda
Sepulchre (Languedoc, #2) by Kate Mosse Sepulchre by Kate Mosse (2nd book in Languedoc series)
Twice Queen of France Anne of Brittany by Mildred Allen Butler Twice Queen of France: Anne of Brittany by Mildred Allen Butler
The Wolf Hunt by Gillian Bradshaw The Wolf Hunt by Gillian Bradshaw
The Wolf's Sun by Karen Charbonneau The Wolf's Sun by Karen Charbonneau
The Yellow Dog by Georges Simenon The Yellow Dog by Georges Simenon

message 34: by ``Laurie (last edited Feb 11, 2014 11:33PM) (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 17 comments The Iron King (The Accursed Kings, #1) by Maurice Druon The Iron King by Maurice Druon

The Strangled Queen (Los Reyes Malditos, #2) by Maurice Druon The Strangled Queen by Maurice Druon

When a King Loses France ( The Accursed Kings #7 ) by Maurice Druon When a King Loses France by Maurice Druon

La loba de Francia (Los Reyes Malditos, #5) by Maurice Druon La loba de Francia by Maurice Druon

La flor de lis y el león (Los Reyes Malditos, #6) by Maurice Druon La flor de lis y el león by Maurice Druon

Les rois maudits Vols 1-7 by Maurice Druon Les rois maudits Vols 1-7 by Maurice Druon

message 35: by ``Laurie (last edited Feb 11, 2014 11:36PM) (new)

message 36: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Aug 02, 2017 06:52AM) (new)

Diane | 12814 comments Books set in the Burgundy Region of France (Bourgogne)

Ash A Secret History (Book of Ash, #1-4) by Mary Gentle Ash: A Secret History by Mary Gentle
Beneath the Morvan Moon by Courtney Lynn Mroch Beneath the Morvan Moon by Courtney L. Mroch
Breakfast in Burgundy A Hungry Irishman in the Belly of France by Raymond Blake Breakfast in Burgundy: A Hungry Irishman in the Belly of France
Bright Hair About the Bone (Laetitia Talbot, #2) by Barbara Cleverly Bright Hair About the Bone by Barbara Cleverly
The Burgundian's Tale (Roger the Chapman, #14) by Kate Sedley The Burgundian's Tale by Kate Sedley
Charlotte Gray by Sebastian Faulks Charlotte Gray by Sebastian Faulks
Claudine's House  by Colette Claudine's House by Colette
The Collected Stories by Colette The Collected Stories by Colette
Consider the Oyster by M.F.K. Fisher Consider the Oyster by M.F.K. Fisher
The Cook and the Gardener A Year of Recipes and Notes from the French Countryside by Amanda Hesser The Cook and the Gardener: A Year of Recipes and Notes from the French Countryside
The Dragonfly by Kate Dunn The Dragonfly by Kate Dunn
Finding me in France by Bobbi French Finding me in France by Bobbi French
Fire in the Blood by Irène Némirovsky Fire in the Blood by Irène Némirovsky
French Spirits A House, a Village, and a Love Affair in Burgundy by Jeffrey Greene French Spirits: A House, a Village, and a Love Affair in Burgundy
French Twist by Roxanne St. Claire French Twist by Roxanne St. Claire
The Gastronomical Me by M.F.K. Fisher The Gastronomical Me by M.F.K. Fisher
House of the Arrow by A.E.W. Mason House of the Arrow by A.E.W. Mason
How to Eat a Small Country A Family's Pursuit of Happiness, One Meal at a Time by Amy Finley How to Eat a Small Country: A Family's Pursuit of Happiness, One Meal at a Time
The King's Grace by Anne Easter Smith The King's Grace by Anne Easter Smith
The Life of Elves by Muriel Barbery The Life of Elves by Muriel Barbery
Long Ago In France The Years In Dijon by M.F.K. Fisher Long Ago In France: The Years In Dijon by M.F.K. Fisher
Love & Death in Burgundy by Susan C. Shea Love & Death in Burgundy by Susan C. Shea
My Mother's House & Sido by Colette My Mother's House & Sido by Colette
Nightmare in Burgundy by Jean-Pierre Alaux Nightmare in Burgundy by Jean-Pierre Alaux
Pel & The Staghound (Chief Inspector Pel) by Mark Hebden Pel & The Staghound by Mark Hebden
Philip the Good The Apogee of Burgundy by Richard Vaughan Philip the Good: The Apogee of Burgundy by Richard Vaughan
Priscilla The Hidden Life of an Englishwoman in Wartime France by Nicholas Shakespeare Priscilla: The Hidden Life of an Englishwoman in Wartime France
Puligny Montrachet Journal Of A Village In Burgundy by Simon Loftus Puligny Montrachet: Journal Of A Village In Burgundy by Simon Loftus
The Red Keep A Story of Burgundy in 1165 by Allen French The Red Keep: A Story of Burgundy in 1165 by Allen French
In the Reign of Terror The Adventures of a Westminster Boy by G.A. Henty In the Reign of Terror: The Adventures of a Westminster Boy by G.A. Henty
Revenge of the Rose by Nicole Galland Revenge of the Rose by Nicole Galland
Shadows in the Vineyard The True Story of the Plot to Poison the World's Greatest Wine by Maximillian Potter Shadows in the Vineyard: The True Story of the Plot to Poison the World's Greatest Wine
A Skulk of Foxes by Richard Sutcliffe A Skulk of Foxes by Richard Sutcliffe
The Splendour Falls by Susanna Kearsley Splendour Falls by Susanna Kearsley
A Sport And A Pastime by James Salter A Sport And A Pastime by James Salter
Suite Française by Irène Némirovsky Suite Française by Irène Némirovsky (also set in Ile de France)
The Vanishing  by Tim Krabbé The Vanishing by Tim Krabbé
The Vintner's Luck (Vintner's Luck, #1) by Elizabeth Knox The Vintner's Luck by Elizabeth Knox
Waiting for You by Janice Sims Waiting for You by Janice Sims
Wine and War The French, the Nazis, and the Battle for France's Greatest Treasure by Don Kladstrup Wine and War: The French, the Nazis, and the Battle for France's Greatest Treasure

message 37: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Aug 02, 2017 07:11AM) (new)

Diane | 12814 comments Books Set in the Centre Region of France

An Army of Angels A Novel of Joan of Arc by Pamela Marcantel An Army of Angels: A Novel of Joan of Arc by Pamela Marcantel
Blood and Roses by Catherine Hokin Blood and Roses by Catherine Hokin
Blue Blood (Galeran de Lesneven, #4) by Viviane Moore Blue Blood by Viviane Moore
The Cathedral by Joris-Karl Huysmans The Cathedral by Joris-Karl Huysmans
The Cleaner of Chartres by Salley Vickers The Cleaner of Chartres by Salley Vickers
 The Dark Pageant by Edward Lucie-Smith The Dark Pageant by Edward Lucie-Smith
Death A L'Orange (A Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #3) by Nancy Fairbanks Death A L'Orange by Nancy Fairbanks
The Devil's Pool by George Sand The Devil's Pool by George Sand
The Earth (Les Rougon-Macquart, #15) by Émile Zola The Earth by Émile Zola
French Illusions My Story as an American Au Pair in the Loire Valley (Book 1) by Linda Kovic-Skow French Illusions: My Story as an American Au Pair in the Loire Valley
Gone with the Wine Retirement Adventures in France by Rosanne Knorr Gone with the Wine: Retirement Adventures in France by Rosanne Knorr
Grand Cru Heist by Jean-Pierre Alaux Grand Cru Heist by Jean-Pierre Alaux
History of the Franks by Gregory of Tours History of the Franks by Gregory of Tours
Hope and Glory by Katherine Sutcliffe Hope and Glory by Katherine Sutcliffe
In a Dark Wood Wandering A Novel of the Middle Ages by Hella S. Haasse In a Dark Wood Wandering: A Novel of the Middle Ages by Hella S. Haasse
Into the Fire (Capitaine Inés Picaut, #1) by Manda Scott Into the Fire by Manda Scott
Joan The Mysterious Life of the Heretic Who Became a Saint by Donald Spoto Joan: The Mysterious Life of the Heretic Who Became a Saint by Donald Spoto
Joan of Arc by Mark Twain Joan of Arc by Mark Twain
Joan of Arc In Her Own Words by Jeanne d'Arc Joan of Arc: In her own words by Joan of Arc
Joys of My Life by Alys Clare The Joys of My Life by Alys Clare (12th book in Hawkeye Mysteries series)
Keys to the Castle by Donna Ball Keys to the Castle by Donna Ball
The Life and Prayers of Saint Joan of Arc by Wyatt North The Life and Prayers of Saint Joan of Arc by Wyatt North
The Little French Guesthouse (La Cour des Roses, #1) by Helen Pollard The Little French Guesthouse by Helen Pollard (1st in La Cour des Roses series)
The Lost Estate (Le Grand Meaulnes) by Alain-Fournier The Lost Estate byAlain-Fournier
The Maid by Kimberly Cutter The Maid: A Novel of Joan of Arc by Kimberly Cutter
The Maid and the Queen The Secret History of Joan of Arc by Nancy Goldstone The Maid and the Queen: The Secret History of Joan of Arc by Nancy Goldstone
Marianne in Chains Daily Life in the Heart of France During the German Occupation by Robert Gildea Marianne in Chains: Daily Life in the Heart of France During the German Occupation
The Mystery of the 99 Steps (Nancy Drew, #43) by Carolyn Keene The Mystery of the 99 Steps by Carolyn Keene
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
Nobody's Boy (Sans Famille) - Illustrated by John B. Gruelle by Hector Malot Nobody's Boy by Hector Malot
Petite Fadette by George Sand Petite Fadette by George Sand (AKA Fanchon the Cricket)
Raboliot by Maurice Genevoix Raboliot by Maurice Genevoix
Remote Man by Elizabeth Honey Remote Man by Elizabeth Honey
The Sleeping Beauty in the Woods (illustrated by Walter Crane) by Charles Perrault The Sleeping Beauty by Charles Perrault
A Small City in France by Françoise Gaspard A Small City in France by Françoise Gaspard
The Splendour Falls by Susanna Kearsley The Splendour Falls by Susanna Kearsley
Swann's Way (In Search of Lost Time, #1) by Marcel Proust Swann's Way by Marcel Proust (1st book of In Search of Lost Time)
Vie de France Sharing Food, Friendship, and a Kitchen in the Loire Valley by James Haller Vie de France: Sharing Food, Friendship, and a Kitchen in the Loire Valley

message 38: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Aug 14, 2016 02:32PM) (new)

Diane | 12814 comments Books Set in the Champagne-Ardenne Region of France

6.41 by Jean-Philippe Blondel 6.41 by Jean-Philippe Blondel
The Carter of 'La Providence' (Maigret, #2) by Georges Simenon The Carter of 'La Providence' by Georges Simenon (AKA Lock 14, Maigret Meets a Milord
Champagne How the World's Most Glamorous Wine Triumphed Over War and Hard Times by Don Kladstrup Champagne: How the World's Most Glamorous Wine Triumphed Over War and Hard Times
The Cornerstone by Zoé Oldenbourg The Cornerstone by Zoé Oldenbourg
A Day With A Noblewoman by Régine Pernoud A Day With A Noblewoman by Régine Pernoud
Feudal Society in Medieval France Documents from the County of Champagne by Theodore Evergates Feudal Society in Medieval France: Documents from the County of Champagne
A Farewell To France by Noel Barber A Farewell To France by Noel Barber
A French FairyFail ( A French FairyFail, #1 ) by Jessica E. Larsen A French FairyFail by Jessica E. Larsen (1st book in A French FairyFail series)
The French Orphan (The French Orphan, #1) by Michael Stolle The French Orphan by Michael Stolle (1st book in series)
The Greengage Summer by Rumer Godden The Greengage Summer by Rumer Godden
House of Daughters by Sarah-Kate Lynch House of Daughters by Sarah-Kate Lynch
The Girl at the Lion d'Or by Sebastian Faulks The Girl at the Lion d'Or by Sebastian Faulks
Gossip from the Forest by Thomas Keneally Gossip from the Forest by Thomas Keneally
Heloise and Abelard by Étienne Gilson Heloise and Abelard by Étienne Gilson
Indigo Waters (Shades of Eternity, #1) by Lisa Samson Indigo Waters by Lisa Samson (1st book of Shades of Eternity series)
Jackdaws by Ken Follett Jackdaws by Ken Follett
Joheved (Rashi’s Daughters #1) by Maggie Anton Joheved by Maggie Anton
Life in a Medieval City by Frances Gies Life in a Medieval City by Frances Gies
Losing Julia by Jonathan Hull Losing Julia by Jonathan Hull
The Mercy Seller (Illuminator, #2) by Brenda Rickman Vantrease The Mercy Seller by Brenda Rickman Vantrease
A Midnight Clear by William Wharton A Midnight Clear by William Wharton
An Historical Mystery  by Honoré de Balzac A Murky Business by Honoré de Balzac
Murder by Champagne by Keith Spicer Murder by Champagne by Keith Spicer
My Guardian Angel by Sylvie Weil My Guardian Angel by Sylvie Weil
The Peasant of Ardenne Forest V4 A Novel (1801) by Eliza Parsons The Peasant of Ardenne Forest V4: A Novel by Eliza Parsons
Selected Works by Bernard of Clairvaux Selected Works by Bernard of Clairvaux
The Spy and His Boy by Lyn Gala The Spy and His Boy by Lyn Gala
Storm of Steel by Ernst Jünger Storm of Steel by Ernst Jünger
Heresy (Catherine LeVendeur, #8) by Sharan Newman Heresy by Sharan Newman
Tug of War (Joe Sandilands, #6) by Barbara Cleverly Tug of War by Barbara Cleverly
The Valley of Heaven and Hell - Cycling in the Shadow of Marie-Antoinette by Susie Kelly The Valley of Heaven and Hell - Cycling in the Shadow of Marie-Antoinette
Vintage by Olivia Darling Vintage by Olivia Darling
The Widow Clicquot The Story of a Champagne Empire and the Woman Who Ruled It by Tilar J. Mazzeo The Widow Clicquot by Tilar J. Mazzeo
Yvain, or The Knight with the Lion by Chrétien de Troyes Yvain, or The Knight With the Lion by Chrétien de Troyes

message 40: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Apr 25, 2016 06:29PM) (new)

Diane | 12814 comments Books Set in the Region of Île-de-France

The Accident Man (Samuel Carver, #1) by Tom Cain The Accident Man by Tom Cain
Agatha Raisin and the Deadly Dance (Agatha Raisin, #15) by M.C. Beaton Agatha Raisin and the Deadly Dance by M.C. Beaton
The Age of Reason by Jean-Paul Sartre The Age of Reason by Jean-Paul Sartre
Aiding and Abetting by Muriel Spark Aiding and Abetting by Muriel Spark
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
Almost French Love and a New Life in Paris by Sarah Turnbull Almost French: Love and a New Life in Paris by Sarah Turnbull
The Ambassador's Daughter (The Kommandant's Girl, #0.5) by Pam Jenoff The Ambassador's Daughter by Pam Jenoff
The Ambassadors by Henry James The Ambassadors by Henry James
The American by Henry James The American by Henry James
And the Show Went On Cultural Life in Nazi-Occupied Paris by Alan Riding And the Show Went On: Cultural Life in Nazi-Occupied Paris by Alan Riding
Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Arch of Triumph A Novel of a Man Without a Country by Erich Maria Remarque Arch of Triumph: A Novel of a Man Without a Country by Erich Maria Remarque
Asphodel by H.D. Asphodel by H.D.
The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas by Gertrude Stein The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas by Gertrude Stein
The Bad Girl by Mario Vargas Llosa The Bad Girl by Mario Vargas Llosa
Le Bal de Sceaux by Honoré de Balzac The Ball At Sceaux by Honoré de Balzac
Bel-Ami by Guy de Maupassant Bel-Ami by Guy de Maupassant
Belle Epoque by Elizabeth Ross Belle Epoque by Elizabeth Ross
The Belly of Paris (Les Rougon-Macquart, #3) by Émile Zola The Belly of Paris by Émile Zola
Between Meals An Appetite for Paris by A.J. Liebling Between Meals: An Appetite for Paris by A.J. Liebling
Black Notice (Kay Scarpetta, #10) by Patricia Cornwell Black Notice by Patricia Cornwell
The Blood of Others by Simone de Beauvoir The Blood of Others by Simone de Beauvoir
Blue of Noon by Georges Bataille Blue of Noon by Georges Bataille
The Bones of Paris (Harris Stuyvesant, #2) by Laurie R. King The Bones of Paris by Laurie R. King
The Book of Salt by Monique Truong The Book of Salt by Monique Truong
The Bookseller by Mark Pryor The Bookseller by Mark Pryor
Bringing Up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman Bringing Up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman
C'est la Vie An American Woman Begins a New Life in Paris and--Voila!--Becomes Almost French by Suzy Gershman C'Est La Vie by Suzy Gershman
Century Rain by Alastair Reynolds Century Rain by Alastair Reynolds
A Certain Smile by Françoise Sagan A Certain Smile by Françoise Sagan
The Chalk Circle Man (Commissaire Adamsberg, #1) by Fred Vargas The Chalk Circle Man by Fred Vargas
Chéri and the Last of Chéri by Colette Chéri and the Last of Chéri by Colette
The Chocolate Thief (Amour et Chocolat, #1) by Laura Florand The Chocolate Thief by Laura Florand (1st book of Amour et Chocolat series)
The Class by François Bégaudeau The Class by François Bégaudeau
Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky by Chris Greenhalgh Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky by Chris Greenhalgh
Consolation by Anna Gavalda Consolation by Anna Gavalda
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
The Counterfeiters (Penguin Twentieth-Century Classics) by André Gide The Counterfeiters by André Gide
Cousin Bette (Poor Relations) by Honoré de Balzac Cousin Bette by Honoré de Balzac
The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2) by Dan Brown The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
The Damned by Joris-Karl Huysmans The Damned by Joris-Karl Huysmans
Dangerous Liaisons by Pierre-Ambroise Choderlos de Laclos Dangerous Liaisons by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos
The Day of the Jackal by Frederick Forsyth The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth
Death in the City of Light The Serial Killer of Nazi-Occupied Paris by David King Death in the City of Light: The Serial Killer of Nazi-Occupied Paris by David King
Death on the Installment Plan by Louis-Ferdinand Céline Death on the Installment Plan by Louis-Ferdinand Céline
Death Sentence by Maurice Blanchot Death Sentence by Maurice Blanchot
Den of Thieves (Cat Royal, #3) by Julia Golding Den of Thieves by Julia Golding
The Devil in the Flesh by Raymond Radiguet The Devil in the Flesh by Raymond Radiguet
Die for Me (Revenants, #1) by Amy Plum Die for Me by Amy Plum (1st book in the Revenants series)
Diva by Delacorta Diva by Delacorta
Don't Tell Alfred  by Nancy Mitford Don't Tell Alfred by Nancy Mitford
Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell
Dreaming in French The Paris Years of Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy, Susan Sontag, and Angela Davis by Alice Kaplan Dreaming in French by Alice Kaplan
The Dud Avocado by Elaine Dundy The Dud Avocado by Elaine Dundy
Eiffel's Tower The Thrilling Story Behind Paris's Beloved Monument and the Extraordinary World's Fair That Introduced It by Jill Jonnes Eiffel's Tower by Jill Jonnes
Eldorado More Adventures of the Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy Eldorado: More Adventures of the Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy
The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
Empire of the Ants by Bernard Werber Empire of the Ants by Bernard Werber
The Enormous Room by E.E. Cummings The Enormous Room by E.E. Cummings
The Erotic Potential of My Wife by David Foenkinos The Erotic Potential of My Wife by David Foenkinos
Exercises in Style by Raymond Queneau Exercises in Style by Raymond Queneau
Exiled from Almost Everywhere by Juan Goytisolo Exiled from Almost Everywhere by Juan Goytisolo
An Expensive Place to Die by Len Deighton An Expensive Place to Die by Len Deighton
The Fairy Gunmother by Daniel Pennac The Fairy Gunmother by Daniel Pennac
Fantômas (Fantômas, #1) by Marcel Allain Fantômas by Marcel Allain
Fermina Márquez The Centennial Edition by Valery Larbaud Fermina Márquez by Valery Larbaud
Five Days in Paris by Danielle Steel Five Days in Paris by Danielle Steel
The Flaneur A Stroll through the Paradoxes of Paris by Edmund White The Flaneur: A Stroll through the Paradoxes of Paris
French Lessons by Ellen Sussman French Lessons by Ellen Sussman
French Milk by Lucy Knisley French Milk by Lucy Knisley
The Fudge Family in Paris by Thomas Brown The Younger The Fudge Family in Paris by Thomas Brown by Ellen Sussman
Gargantua and Pantagruel by François Rabelais Gargantua and Pantagruel by François Rabelais
Gigi by Colette Gigi by Colette
Gilles by Pierre Drieu la Rochelle Gilles by Pierre Drieu la Rochelle
Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin
The Girl with No Shadow (Chocolat, #2) by Joanne Harris The Girl with No Shadow by Joanne Harris (Chocolate #2)
Good Morning, Midnight by Jean Rhys Good Morning, Midnight by Jean Rhys
A Good Woman by Danielle Steel A Good Woman by Danielle Steel
Gourmet Rhapsody by Muriel Barbery Gourmet Rhapsody by Muriel Barbery
The Greater Journey Americans in Paris by David McCullough The Greater Journey: Americans in Paris by David McCullough
Half Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan Half Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan
Hallucinating Foucault by Patricia Duncker Hallucinating Foucault by Patricia Duncker
Have Mercy on Us All (Commissaire Adamsberg, #4) by Fred Vargas Have Mercy on Us All by Fred Vargas
Hopscotch by Julio Cortázar Hopscotch by Julio Cortázar
The Hotel on Place Vendome Life, Death, and Betrayal at the Hotel Ritz in Paris by Tilar J. Mazzeo The Hotel on Place Vendome: Life, Death, and Betrayal at the Hotel Ritz in Paris
The House I Loved by Tatiana de Rosnay The House I Loved by Tatiana de Rosnay
The House in Paris by Elizabeth Bowen The House in Paris by Elizabeth Bowen
How I Became Stupid by Martin Page How I Became Stupid by Martin Page
How Paris Became Paris The Invention of the Modern City by Joan DeJean How Paris Became Paris: The Invention of the Modern City by Joan DeJean
How To Be Parisian Wherever You Are by Anne Berest How To Be Parisian: Wherever You Are by Anne Berest
The Hunchback of Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo The Hunchback of Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo
Hunting and Gathering by Anna Gavalda Hunting and Gathering by Anna Gavalda
I Always Loved You by Robin Oliveira I Always Loved You by Robin Oliveira
I Am Madame X by Gioia Diliberto I Am Madame X by Gioia Diliberto
I Heart Paris (I Heart, #3) by Lindsey Kelk I Heart Paris by Lindsey Kelk
Identity by Milan Kundera Identity by Milan Kundera
Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Anne Rice Interview With The Vampire by Anne Rice
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer
It's Not Love, It's Just Paris by Patricia Engel It's Not Love, It's Just Paris by Patricia Engel

message 41: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Aug 02, 2017 10:26PM) (new)

Diane | 12814 comments Books Set in the Region of Île-de-France (Continued)

Journey to the End of the Night by Louis-Ferdinand Céline Journey to the End of the Night by Louis-Ferdinand Céline
Just One Day (Just One Day, #1) by Gayle Forman Just One Day by Gayle Forman (1st book in series)
The King in the Window by Adam Gopnik The King in the Window by Adam Gopnik
Kissing My Old Life Au Revoir by Eliza Watson Kissing My Old Life Au Revoir by Eliza Watson
L'Assommoir by Émile Zola L'Assommoir by Émile Zola
Ladies Almanack by Djuna Barnes Ladies Almanack by Djuna Barnes
The Ladies' Paradise (Les Rougon-Macquart, #11) by Émile Zola The Ladies' Paradise by Émile Zola
The Lady of the Camellias by Alexandre Dumas fils The Lady of the Camellias by Alexandre Dumas-fils
The Last Nude by Ellis Avery The Last Nude by Ellis Avery
The Last Testament of Oscar Wilde by Peter Ackroyd The Last Testament of Oscar Wilde by Peter Ackroyd
The Last Time I Saw Paris by Lynn Sheene The Last Time I Saw Paris by Lynn Sheene
Les Diaboliques  by Jules Barbey d'Aurevilly Les Diaboliques by Jules-Amédée Barbey d'Aurevilly
Les Fleurs du Mal by Charles Baudelaire Les Fleurs du Mal by Charles Baudelaire
Les Liaisons dangereuses by Pierre-Ambroise Choderlos de Laclos Les Liaisons Dangereuses by Pierre-Ambroise Choderlos de Laclos
Les Misérables by Victor Hugo Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
Lessons in French by Hilary Reyl Lessons in French by Hilary Reyl
Life A User's Manual by Georges Perec Life A User's Manual by Georges Perec
Liquidate Paris by Sven Hassel Liquidate Paris by Sven Hassel
The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George
The Little White Car by Danuta de Rhodes The Little White Car by Danuta de Rhodes
Locus Solus by Raymond Roussel Locus Solus by Raymond Roussel
The Lollipop Shoes (Chocolat, #2) by Joanne Harris The Lollipop Shoes by Joanne Harris
Lost Illusions (La Comédie Humaine) by Honoré de Balzac Lost Illusions by Honoré de Balzac
Love from Paris (Love Detective, #2) by Alexandra Potter Love from Paris by Alexandra Potter
The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris by Jenny Colgan The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris by Jenny Colgan
Lovers at the Chameleon Club, Paris 1932 by Francine Prose Lovers at the Chameleon Club, Paris 1932 by Francine Prose
Lunch in Paris A Love Story, with Recipes by Elizabeth Bard Lunch in Paris: A Love Story, with Recipes by Elizabeth Bard
Lydia Cassatt Reading the Morning Paper by Harriet Scott Chessman Lydia Cassatt Reading the Morning Paper by Harriet Scott Chessman
Madame Tussaud A Novel of the French Revolution by Michelle Moran Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French Revolution by Michelle Moran
The Magician (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #2) by Michael Scott The Magician by Michael Scott
The Mandarins by Simone de Beauvoir The Mandarins by Simone de Beauvoir
Mastering the Art of French Eating Lessons in Food and Love from a Year in Paris by Ann Mah Mastering the Art of French Eating: Lessons in Food and Love from a Year in Paris by Ann Mah
Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
Mission to Paris. by Alan Furst Mission to Paris. by Alan Furst
The Most Beautiful Walk in the World A Pedestrian in Paris by John Baxter The Most Beautiful Walk in the World: A Pedestrian in Paris
A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway
Murder in the Marais (Aimee Leduc Investigations, #1) by Cara Black Murder in the Marais by Cara Black (1st Aimee Leduc Investigation)
Murder on the Eiffel Tower (Victor Legris, #1) by Claude Izner Murder on the Eiffel Tower by Claude Izner (Ist book of Victor Legris series)
My Life in France by Julia Child My Life in France by Julia Child
My Paris Dream An Education in Style, Slang, and Seduction in the Great City on the Seine by Kate Betts My Paris Dream: An Education in Style, Slang, and Seduction in the Great City on the Seine
Nana (Les Rougon-Macquart, #9) by Émile Zola Nana by Émile Zola
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
No and Me by Delphine de Vigan No and Me by Delphine de Vigan
The Only Street in Paris Life on the Rue des Martyrs by Elaine Sciolino The Only Street in Paris: Life on the Rue des Martyrs by Elaine Sciolino
Our Lady of the Flowers by Jean Genet Our Lady of the Flowers by Jean Genet
P.S. from Paris by Marc Levy P.S. from Paris by Marc Levy
The Painted Girls by Cathy Marie Buchanan The Painted Girls by Cathy Marie Buchanan
Paris by Edward Rutherfurd Paris by Edward Rutherfurd
Paris A Love Story by Kati Marton Paris: A Love Story by Kati Marton
A Paris Apartment by Michelle Gable A Paris Apartment by Michelle Gable
The Paris Architect by Charles Belfoure The Paris Architect by Charles Belfoure
Paris by the Book by Liam Callanan Paris by the Book by Liam Callanan
Paris, I Love You but You're Bringing Me Down by Rosecrans Baldwin Paris, I Love You but You're Bringing Me Down by Rosecrans Baldwin
Paris in Love by Eloisa James Paris in Love by Eloisa James
Paris Letters by Janice Macleod Paris Letters by Janice Macleod
Paris Love Match by Nigel Blackwell Paris Love Match by Nigel Blackwell
Paris, My Sweet A Year in the City of Light (and Dark Chocolate) by Amy Thomas Paris, My Sweet: A Year in the City of Light by Amy Thomas
Paris Nocturne by Patrick Modiano Paris Nocturne by Patrick Modiano
Paris The Biography of a City by Colin Jones Paris: The Biography of a City by Colin Jones
Paris The Secret History by Andrew Hussey Paris: The Secret History by Andrew Hussey
Paris France by Gertrude Stein Paris France by Gertrude Stein
Paris Metro A Novel by Wendell Steavenson Paris Metro: A Novel by Wendell Steavenson
Paris Metro Tales by Helen Constantine Paris Metro Tales by Helen Constantine
Paris, Paris Journey into the City of Light by David Downie Paris, Paris: Journey into the City of Light by David Downie
Paris Spleen Little Poems in Prose by Charles Baudelaire Paris Spleen: Little Poems in Prose
Paris Stories by Mavis Gallant Paris Stories by Mavis Gallant by Charles Baudelaire
Paris to the Moon by Adam Gopnik Paris to the Moon by Adam Gopnik
Paris to the Past Traveling through French History by Train by Ina Caro Paris to the Past: Traveling through French History by Train by Ina Caro
Paris Was Ours Thirty-Two Writers Reflect on the City of Light by Penelope Rowlands Paris Was Ours by Penelope Rowlands
The Paris Wife by Paula McLain The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
The Paris Winter by Imogen Robertson The Paris Winter by Imogen Robertson
Parisians An Adventure History of Paris by Graham Robb Parisians: An Adventure History of Paris by Graham Robb
Old Goriot by Honoré de Balzac Père Goriot by Honoré de Balzac
Perfume The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Süskind Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Süskind
The Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessaro The Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessaro
The Phantom of the Opera - Full Version Annotated (Literary Classics Collection) by Gaston Leroux The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
The Red Notebook by Antoine Laurain The Red Notebook by Antoine Laurain
The Piano Shop on the Left Bank Discovering a Forgotten Passion in a Paris Atelier by Thad Carhart The Piano Shop on the Left Bank by Thad Carhart
The President's Hat by Antoine Laurain The President's Hat by Antoine Laurain
Pure by Andrew Miller Pure by Andrew Miller
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
Rooftoppers by Katherine Rundell Rooftoppers by Katherine Rundell
Sacré Bleu A Comedy d'Art by Christopher Moore Sacré Bleu: A Comedy d'Art by Christopher Moore
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy
A Secret Kept by Tatiana de Rosnay A Secret Kept by Tatiana de Rosnay
Sentimental Education by Gustave Flaubert Sentimental Education by Gustave Flaubert
Seven Ages of Paris by Alistair Horne Seven Ages of Paris by Alistair Horne
Seven Letters from Paris by Samantha Verant Seven Letters from Paris by Samantha Verant
Shakespeare & Company by Sylvia Beach Shakespeare & Company by Sylvia Beach
Suite Française by Irène Némirovsky Suite Française by Irène Némirovsky
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Thérèse Raquin by Émile Zola Thérèse Raquin by Émile Zola
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
Time Was Soft There A Paris Sojourn at Shakespeare & Co. by Jeremy Mercer Time Was Soft There: A Paris Sojourn at Shakespeare & Co.
When Paris Went Dark The City of Light Under German Occupation, 1940-1944 by Ronald C. Rosbottom When Paris Went Dark: The City of Light Under German Occupation, 1940-1944
Z A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler
Zazie in the Metro by Raymond Queneau Zazie in the Metro by Raymond Queneau

message 42: by Adria (new)

Adria Cimino | 20 comments Hello everyone,

My recently published novel Paris, Rue des Martyrs is set in Paris... Merci!

Paris, Rue des Martyrs by Adria J. Cimino

message 44: by Carol (new)

Carol Dobson | 12 comments Hi everyone, I've just joined and enjoy books from all over the world. I have written a historical romance, 'Storks in a Blue Sky' set in Alsace, France, and North Devon, England, both places I love.

message 45: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Verant (sverant) | 3 comments Seven Letters from Paris A Memoir by Samantha Verant US/Canada

Seven Letters From Paris by Samantha Verant -Australia/NZ edition

message 47: by Jan (last edited Nov 18, 2014 11:08PM) (new)

Jan Moran (janmoran) | 13 comments Hi everyone! It's been a few months since I've checked in. I've been awfully busy writing. My latest book is partly set in Paris. FLAWLESS is the first in a fun contemporary women's fiction series, with a touch of romance.
Flawless (A Hostile Beauty Novel, #1) by Jan Moran
Flawless

Next up is a relaunch by St. Martin's Press of my historical novel, Scent of Triumph, about a female French perfumer. It's also set in Paris and Grasse, as well as other European and US locations. The launch date is March 2015. (Amazon has been running preorder specials, so you might want to preorder there...I always love a sale!)
Scent of Triumph A Novel of Perfume and Passion by Jan Moran
Scent of Triumph: A Novel of Perfume and Passion

My next books are set in Spain and Italy... so lots more coming for armchair travelers :)

message 48: by Paul (new)

Paul Alkazraji | 61 comments Hi, Gerard Kelly’s debut novel ‘The Boy Who Loved Rain’ is set in Brittany. Here's a link to it.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 49: by Steve (new)

Steve Anderson | 10 comments Under False Flags A Novel by Steve Anderson Under False Flags: A Novel

Partially set in NE France during WWII.

message 50: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Aug 02, 2017 06:57AM) (new)

Diane | 12814 comments Books set in Languedoc-Roussillon

Amandine by Marlena de Blasi Amandine by Marlena de Blasi
Arrazat's Aubergines Inside a Languedoc Kitchen by Patrick Moon Arrazat's Aubergines: Inside a Languedoc Kitchen by Patrick Moon
Black Dogs by Ian McEwan Black Dogs by Ian McEwan
Bone-mend and Salt (Accidental Heretics, #1) by E.A. Stewart Bone-mend and Salt by E.A. Stewart (1st book in Accidental Heretics series)
The Burning Times by Jeanne Kalogridis The Burning Times by Jeanne Kalogridis
Carcassonne Dreams by Catherine Parr Carcassonne Dreams by Catherine Parr
The Cathars Dualist Heretics in Languedoc in the High Middle Ages by Malcolm Barber The Cathars: Dualist Heretics in Languedoc in the High Middle Ages
Cities of the Flesh by Zoé Oldenbourg Cities of the Flesh by Zoé Oldenbourg
City of Wisdom and Blood by Robert Merle City of Wisdom and Blood by Robert Merle
Clouds over the Montagne Noire by Catherine Parr Clouds over the Montagne Noire by Catherine Parr
Cockney in Corbiere by Robert Griffiths Cockney in Corbiere by Robert Griffiths
Fatale by Jean-Patrick Manchette Fatale by Jean-Patrick Manchette
The Friar of Carcassonne Heresy and Inquisition in the Last Days of the Cathars. Stephen O'Shea by Stephen O'Shea The Friar of Carcassonne: The Last Days of the Cathars: Revolt Against the Inquisition in the Last Days of the Cathars
The Girl in the Blue Beret by Bobbie Ann Mason The Girl in the Blue Beret by Bobbie Ann Mason
Head Over Heels in France Falling in Love in the Lot by Samantha Brick Head Over Heels in France: Falling in Love in the Lot by Samantha Brick
Hot Sun, Cool Shadow Savoring The Food, History, And Mystery Of The Languedoc by Angela Murrills Hot Sun, Cool Shadow: Savoring the Food, History, and Mystery of the Languedoc
Labyrinth (Languedoc, #1) by Kate Mosse Labyrinth by Kate Mosse (1st book in the Languedoc series)
A Long Way from Paris by E.C. Murray A Long Way from Paris by E.C. Murray
Love's First Light by Jamie Carie Love's First Light by Jamie Carie
Massacre at Montségur A History of the Albigensian Crusade by Zoé Oldenbourg Massacre at Montségur: A History of the Albigensian Crusade by Zoé Oldenbourg
The Mouseproof Kitchen by Saira Shah The Mouseproof Kitchen by Saira Shah
Narrow Dog To Carcassonne by Terry Darlington Narrow Dog To Carcassonne by Terry Darlington
Never Mind (The Patrick Melrose Novels, #1) by Edward St. Aubyn Never Mind by Edward St. Aubyn (1st in The Patrick Melrose Novels series)
The Night Rainbow by Claire King The Night Rainbow by Claire King
Notes From the Languedoc by Rupert Wright Notes From the Languedoc by Rupert Wright
Pagan's Daughter (Pagan Chronicles, #5) by Catherine Jinks Pagan's Daughter by Catherine Jinks
The Peasants of Languedoc by Emmanuel Le Roy Ladurie The Peasants of Languedoc by Emmanuel Le Roy Ladurie
Perfect Heresy by Stephen O'Shea Perfect Heresy by Stephen O'Shea
Rat Scabies and the Holy Grail Can a Punk Rock Legend Find What Monty Python Couldn't? by Christopher Dawes Rat Scabies and the Holy Grail: Can a Punk Rock Legend Find What Monty Python Couldn't?
Rogue Flamingo by L.A. Kent Rogue Flamingo by L.A. Kent
The Runaway Princess (Princess #1) by Christina Dodd The Runaway Princess by Christina Dodd (1st book in Princess series)
Doctor Who Sanctuary by David A. McIntee Sanctuary by David A. McIntee
Shepherd's Prayer by Katja Willemsen Shepherd's Prayer by Katja Willemsen
Signs Of The Heart Love And Death In Languedoc by Christopher Hope Signs Of The Heart: Love And Death In Languedoc by Christopher Hope
The Silent Land by Graham Joyce The Silent Land by Graham Joyce
Silk by Alessandro Baricco Silk by Alessandro Baricco
Song at Dawn by Jean Gill Song at Dawn by Jean Gill
Sweet Enchantress by Parris Afton Bonds Sweet Enchantress by Parris Afton Bonds
Tales of Languedoc by Ernest Clifford Peixotto Tales of Languedoc by Ernest Clifford Peixotto
The Tapestry of Love by Rosy Thornton The Tapestry of Love by Rosy Thornton
Thunder on the Right  by Mary Stewart Thunder on the Right by Mary Stewart
The Treasure of Montségur A Novel of the Cathars by Sophy Burnham The Treasure of Montségur: A Novel of the Cathars by Sophy Burnham
Treasure of Sainte Foy by MacDonald Harris Treasure of Sainte Foy by MacDonald Harris
Virgile's Vineyard by Patrick Moon Virgile's Vineyard: A Year in the Languedoc Wine Country by Patrick Moon
The Virgin Blue by Tracy Chevalier The Virgin Blue by Tracy Chevalier
Watermark A Novel of the Middle Ages by Vanitha Sankaran Watermark: A Novel of the Middle Ages by Vanitha Sankaran
Werewolves of Montpellier by Jason Werewolves of Montpellier by Jason

« previous 1