TV We've Just Watched discussion

Cancelled/Series Ended > Brothers and Sisters

Comments Showing 1-50 of 504 (504 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

message 1: by Holli (new)

Holli Out of all of them...this one is truly one of my very favorites. The Walker clan reminds me of my family and the writing on that show is superb. Anyone else liking this one?

message 2: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments hi Holli. :-D
I enjoy the big family on the show. Always thought a big family like that would be fun.

message 3: by Holli (new)

Holli Well look who's here! I am not at all surprised. :) Don't you just love this show? I have to say I almost ALWAYS cry at the end of each show. Do you?

message 4: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments LOL
I didn't really watch it in the beginning but got hooked last year. I was so excited when it turned out Rebecca was not related to them so her and Justin could get it on.

message 5: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Hey, Holli.

So who's going to bite the bullet and find the real lost Walker sybling? This weeks episode left me itching for the next episode.
Glad Rebecca & Justin finaly did it. Such a great couple. I'm jealous of the fun they have. How stupid is that?

message 6: by Holli (new)

Holli This show is so real to me of how my family is. Is it like that for anyone else? When she started cleaning out the garage...I think my family has had that same scene played out in our lives a million times now at my grandma's house.

BY the way....I'm a show behind still. heehee. I'll catch up today and get back with ya Roxy!

:)

message 7: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Ooopse....hope I didn't ruin anything for you.

Watching B&S is like watching the family I wish I had. My family is great, don't get me wrong, just small. I always like the caous of bunches of siblings and cousins around. I just had one brother. No where near as exciting.

message 8: by Holli (new)

Holli Nope you didn't...its cool :)

message 9: by Holli (new)

Holli I'm caught up FINALLY. And my guess from watching the previews is that its Nora and Kitty who go searching for Ryan. Don't you think?

I felt so horribly bad for Kevin on this episode. He tries so hard to keep everyone happy and in the end he's miserable himself....

message 10: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I watched on-line and they don't show you the preview so I didn't know what would happen next week. Glad to hear they are not just going to drop it for a couple of weeks.

Kevin's in-laws were being pretty jerky but he's got his jerky moments too. THough he didn't deserve the way MIL was acting.

message 11: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Why?! Why, B-&-S Writers must you abruptly end episode! You're killing me!! Meanies!

As soon a Ryan whats-his-face's dad said he was a widow I was thinking..."oooo, maybe he and Nora could get together!" Kind of weird but he's good looking and seems nice.

If I were Rebecca I would have draged Tommy & Kevin outside after Justin was done and beat the crap out of them. Or at least chewed them out a little!

message 12: by Holli (new)

Holli I truly love this show. This is one I watch the next morning which says alot for me!! If I could stay up until 11 I'd watch it live. :) I could not believe Kevin bought that house without even talking to Scotty about it first.....totally crazy! And I love how the Senator stands up for himself with the family. You kind of have to i think with all of them if you want to survive!!

Do you think they should have a kid? Kitty and Robert? Seems like neither of them really want one. More like they think its what they should be doing or something?

message 13: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I do like to watch it live because I'd have to wait through the commercials to see what happens next. I tend to save it for when I'm folding laundry.

Kevin was so his dad in this episode. Atleast the way Nora has been describing the dad lately. But the whole thing was a little predictable, Nora would explain what the dad did, Kevin would talk to, crap forgot his name, see the light and then hand the house over to Nora (not for free obviously).

I'm torn with Kitty and Robert. I think Kitty needs a kid. I think her with a kid will be funny! I also see her getting to the point of wanting something besides a career. Robert, he's got kids already. And though an adopted kid with be theirs it is not one they made so I feel like he's on board because of Kitty. Almost like indifference. He'll love and welcome any baby they get but already has two so will not be heartbroken if it doesn't happen.
I love that he stands up for himself with the Walkers.

message 14: by Holli (new)

Holli I think Kitty with a kid will be hilarious and I do think Robert is really indifferent to it all. I think there's going to be something sneaky with him....I get that feeling....like he's up to no good sometimes. Maybe that's just me though! LOL

message 15: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I can't believe Holly gave Rebecca an Executive Position and that Rebecca took it! Give or starting spot in advertising, yeah but and exec spot?! Aren't there other people that work there that are going to be pissed?!

I think Robert is starting to think he'd prefer to have a child that is biologically theirs.

message 16: by Holli (new)

Holli I thought that was kinda weird....her giving her that spot. I'm glad that they are going to try to oust her outta there!! I'm tired of Holly. She's become a tyrant. LOL

I think Robert wants his own biological child too.

message 17: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Holly is so manipulative. Everything she does is for alterior motive.

message 18: by Holli (new)

Holli Yes...that's the perfect word for her!! I thought that door or wall or whatever it was they uncovered at the house Nora found is magnificent....didn't you?

message 19: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments They only gave a teeny-tweeny little glimps at it. I was dying! I wanted to get a good look at it because it look fabulous!

message 20: by Robyn (last edited Dec 08, 2008 03:35PM) (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments *SPOILER from 12/7 episode*

So....Kevin is the father. And the previews for next week are leading us to believe he's going to do something about it?
I figured it would be Kevin just because of the feud he and Tommy are having.

message 21: by Holli (new)

Holli I loved this episode...just finished it today. Wonderful stuff and I hpe he doesn't do something about it. I don't know what I would do in that situation but he knew what he was doing when he donated ya know? He should leave it at Tommy being the day and that's it........

message 22: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I agree. Though I'm wondering if the whole gay couple wanting a kid thing will kick in? Though I don't see Scotty pushing for Tommy's kid. Although, if they wanted a baby perhaps they could ask Julia to serigate for them. How TV twist would that be?

message 23: by Holli (new)

Holli Excellent solution Roxy! This is really my favorite show...just because they all really seem like true family. The picking on each other, the scurrying back to their seats before "mom" gets in the door, the spouses and SO's trying to find their place in the family. Its all very real to me and how my family is.

message 24: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I loved the scurring back to their seats when "mom" was coming. So funny!

message 25: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I was about to post "new episode last night, did anybody watch it" but as I scrolled down the thread I realized, Holli, you and I are the only ones on here! LOL

message 26: by Holli (new)

Holli Now THAT'S funny!! I haven't watched it yet....I will this afternoon though.

message 27: by Holli (new)

Holli I just really love this show so much....I just finished Sunday's episode....what did you think?

message 28: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I am glad Kevin is not going to be fighting for Elizabeth (is that the baby's name?) and that it basically was a reaction to his drugs and such. But I really didn't like that the commercials played it up to be something more serious.

message 29: by Holli (new)

Holli I'm glad too and the commercials always do that. I read in TV guide that Robert is hiding a secret---curious to see what that is.

message 30: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments hmmmm.....I have no idea. I haven't noticed any hints lately. Do you think the 1/2 sibling will be making an appearance anytime soon. I kind of liked Nora and the 1/2 siblings dad together.

message 31: by Holli (last edited Jan 07, 2009 10:04AM) (new)

Holli Yes...he's coming soon!! And he's not too happy about his dad having had affairs with more than one woman. That really screws him up it says.

message 32: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Thats understandable. Wait till he meets Rebecca, the original but not really Walker illegitamate child.

message 33: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I love this show. The family is totally crazy/dysfunctional, but they are like a real family. fighting one mintes, and taking each other's backs the next.
This has been a long 3 weeks without the Walkers. I can't wait for sunday night to hurry up and get here.

In spoiler news, I read that the new Walker, Ryan, is going to pursue Rebecca. I wonder how Justin is going to take that?

message 34: by Holli (new)

Holli I saw that too! And welcome Jackie to mine and Roxy's thread....we realized no one else talked about this show but us!! Great to have you in here also......

message 35: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kristen120378) I will be joining as well as soon as I get caught up. Season 2 Disk 4 is in my mailbox as we speak, and Season 2 Disk 5 is supposed to be here tomorrow. Then I just need a quick re-cap of Season 3 and I'm on board!

message 36: by Holli (new)

Holli Damn that was quick Kristen..... :) Its good huh?

message 37: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kristen120378) It is good. Very addicting.

message 38: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments who-hoo....new fan! Hi, Kristen. I saw there was new posts and thought I missed an episode but then realize there was more then 1 new post and wondered if Holli was in here talking to herself. LOL

Ryan to pursue Rebecca? Hmmm.....I wonder if he is going to come in as a jerky, bitter, new brother doing stuff to piss people off like date the beloved but not actual sister.

message 39: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kristen120378) No, Roxy. Holli wasn't in here talking to herself! LOL But it was possible...LOL (J/K Holli!)

How many episodes into Season 3 has there been? I think I'll only be about 9 or 10 behind once I'm done with Season 2. YEAH!

I'm intrigue though about this Ryan you speak of?

message 40: by Holli (last edited Feb 05, 2009 01:51PM) (new)

Holli You can't know about Ryan yet.....no skipping ahead Kristen!! ;)

I laughed out loud reading your comment Roxy and yes its quite possible I was in here answering myself.... LOL

message 41: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments uh-oh. I hope we are not spoling anything for Kristen. Hold on, I will see if i can figure out who many episodes in we are.....

message 42: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Kristen I believe this Sunday will be episode #14 of season 3. Here is a link to the list of season 3 episodes. You can view them all online.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/brothersa...

Holli the B&S home page has a 1:58 min preview of this weeks episode....issues with Roger the architect!

message 43: by Holli (new)

Holli Looks good :)

message 44: by Terri (new)

Terri I'm also a huge fan of this show. It's about the only thing I watch on Prime Time. I've watched it since their debut and episode one. Have always loved Sally Fields since her The Flying Nun days....now I'm dating myself....lol
Really looking forward to a new episode tomorrow evening. LOVED the last one where they had the party at the hotel and I'm hoping they'll now pair Sally Field, Nora, with this new character, Roger.
Thanks, Kristen, for the link to the B&S website. I'll check it out. UH oh....issues with Roger? Poor Nora!

message 45: by Holli (new)

Holli Another new person!! Yay :) I'm liking where the story is going with Nora and Roger too....its about time she has someone to keep her busy and make her life more fulfilling.

message 46: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I agree, and I like Roger. I hope he's not a pig like William.

message 47: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Wow! Look at all these new people cropping up in our little B&S gab page! This is great!

message 48: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments why, B&S? Why do you always leave me wanting more! I always find myself saying at the end of the show "What? Don't stop now! I need to see more!"

message 49: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I do that too, Roxy. At the end of quite a few TV shows, I groan and say Oh come on! And my husband always says 'Why you even watch these shows, you KNOW they're going to leave you hanging?". the truth is, I love it! I like the feeling of wanting more.

I'm disappointed in Roger, but good for Nora for standing up for what she believes in, not compromising on something so important.
So what do you all think of Ryan? He's cute in a scruffy way. I'll bet he'd be gorgeous with a makeover. I'm looking forward to the newest Walker.
I'm wondering if William has more children out there.

message 50: by Thauna (new)

Thauna Ryan??? Did I miss something? I must stop multitasking while I watch some shows. So that was Ryan that "sold" the other vineyard? When did that happen? I haven't missed any episodes, maybe I'm tuning out the business stuff...but I can't wait till they kick Holly out on her @$$!!!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11