Lakeland High School discussion

Best Book

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MuffinManNick (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:11PM) (new)

MuffinManNick Lemp | 6 comments Post your favorite book here and mabey a discription if you could.

message 2: by Victoria ~HannaHannaH~ (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:12PM) (new)

Victoria ~HannaHannaH~ (hannahwebb1163) | 7 comments A favorite book? thats a hard question! but right now its the twilight serise.
Twilight is about an intense attraction between a teenage human girl, Bella, who falls in love with unintentionally seductive teenage vampire boy, who's name is Edward. Both are drawn to each other in more ways than one. The relationship is indescribably dangerous for the both of them but the two can't help but fall in love. They are faced with many conflicts and amazingly overcome each one. Bella is someone anyone can easily relate to, and you can understand why it is that she falls hopelessly in love with this vampire. And the first thing that draws me to Edward is that he must constantly exercise self control. Really, it's an amazing book. I cant wait for the 4th book "Breaking Dawn" comes out.

message 3: by Zack (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:13PM) (new)

Zack | 2 comments My favorite book is actually a tie between two series, Harry Potter and Cirque Du Freak. Most of you know what Harry potter is. Cirque Du Freak is about this kid who becomes a vampire assistent and a half vampire. If your interested in vampires, definetly check out this series, it gives a whole new look on vampire mythology.

message 4: by Tarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:13PM) (new)

Tarah | 2 comments i absolutly LOVE the twilight series! their my fav. books, so far. i cant wait for "Breaking Dawn" to come out. but i have to wait a year. too bad, so sad.

message 5: by Stephanie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:13PM) (new)

Stephanie | 1 comments You guys can not sit here and tell me
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Is not your favorite book!

It was absolutely... inspirational

message 6: by Adam (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:15PM) (new)

Adam  (adamc) | 3 comments I'd have to say "No More Dead Dogs" by Gordon Korman as my fav. It's light-hearted and funny, something different from wht I usually read.

message 7: by Molly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:15PM) (new)

Molly  (wwwgoodreadscomprofilesillybella) | 1 comments I'm with Tarah and Victoria on saying that twilight is, by-far, the best! i absolutly love it, carlisle is the best of them all! lol

message 8: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:18PM) (new)

Laura | 3 comments NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EDWARD RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 9: by Victoria ~HannaHannaH~ (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:18PM) (new)

Victoria ~HannaHannaH~ (hannahwebb1163) | 7 comments Ok are ther no JACOB FANS?!?!? i <3 teh wolf!. but if I had to pick a cullen it would be Jasper. plain and simple. I mean who dosent love a vampire that has the power to change the mood of everyone around him AND has no control over his blood lust? But for all of you Twilight lovers out there Ime making a new topic all about it and you can post your comments on that thread. thank you and have a nice day.

message 10: by Taylor (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:18PM) (new)

Taylor  | 3 comments My favorite books is "Marley" it is about a dog that was alone and this guy and girl finds him and keeps him. they had a baby coming and the dog was like no other were it would be a clam dog. it was a very highper dog. they need to train him or get rid of him. the dog goes throgh some tough parts of his life.YOU SHOULD READ.

message 11: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new)

Laura | 3 comments i don't know about anybody else, but i am soooooooooooo NOT a Jacob fan!!!!!!!!!!!!
EDWARD is the BEST

message 12: by MuffinManNick (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:23PM) (new)

MuffinManNick Lemp | 6 comments Ill go for the Cirque Du Fread series and the Eargon Series (the inheritence)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

TEAM EDWARD BABY!!!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

wow...way old topic.

message 15: by Cristina (new)

Cristina | 5 comments The Twilight Series!!!!
This is the BEST SERIES EVER!!
TEAM EDWARD!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

One of my favs is BREAKING DAWN!

message 17: by Sammethhess (new)

Sammethhess | 1 comments well, it odes seem as though there are many Twilight fans here.
I feel quite at home, which is nice...
I have to say that the Uglies, Pretties, Specials trilogy was my favorite though. It really made me think.

message 18: by Heaven (new)

Heaven | 2 comments I have to agree with Victiora.
Jasper by far is my favorite vampire.
Hes just my type of guy.
Very quite, but has the power to kill and changge moods in an instant
Ding Ding, We have a winner :]
lol

message 19: by Cristina (new)

Cristina | 5 comments I don't think I could like anybody else besides Edward... Sorry team Jacob fans.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

A Walk to Remember is a book written by tug at your heart strings author Nicholas Sparks. All of his novels are based of family members and true life experiences. A Walk to Remember just so happens to be based of his sister Danielle. The two main characters are Jamie Sullivan and Landon Carter. Like Jamie, Danielle was smart, had a strong belief in faith, went to church, and wasn't very popular, but most of all, all she ever wanted in life was to get married. Just like Jamie, Danielle fell in love with a boy like Landon, and at first he couldn't imagen falling for her. And Jamie just like Danielle got cancer, but even when he knew she might not make it, he still asked Danielle to marry him. Nicholas Sparks said and I quote "I wrote this novel not only so you could get to know my sister, but so that you would get know what a wonderful thing it was that her husband once did for her." You see I'm making this group so that people can come together to know that their are people who feel the way they feel and to know what their are others who will be there for them. I hope that just like Jamie and Danielle have done for me, that they have inspired you to be a better person and to make each day count. I HAVE A GROUP HERE ON GOODREADS CALLED A WALK TO REMEMBER AND I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS AND OPIONS ON THIS GREAT NOVEL AND MOVIE AND HAVE FUN.THANK YOU!

message 21: by Brian (new)

Brian Boling | 1 comments Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens is a great book about the corrupting power of wealth on people. Events in this book written in the 1800s mirror some of the events of the current financial crisis. You might think this book would be boring, but it isn't. It is not only exciting, but also humorous at times. I highly recommened it!

message 22: by Nick (new)

Nick Miller (nickamiller96) | 1 comments My Favorite book is most likely Aldous Huxley's brave new world. It details a world in which their is no war, no crime, and the population is silently controlled by birth and pre-birth conditioning.

message 23: by Alayna (new)

Alayna Patten (lanibird) | 1 comments Cristina wrote: "The Twilight Series!!!!
This is the BEST SERIES EVER!!
TEAM EDWARD!"

The twilight series rox! Team Jacob.