Nicholas Sparks Novels discussion

The Books > Three Weeks with my Brother

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brandie (new)

Brandie (brandiemichelle) This is the only book from NS that I've never read. I own it - but always hesitate because I'm not a fan of non-fiction writing at all. What are all your thoughts? Those that have read it - did you enjoy it? I really want to pick it up and I need some encouragement! I keep skipping over it and reading other stuff because I don't know if I'll like it.

Lina Trubenstein | 1 comments Brandie,

I had the same thoughts as you did. I kept putting it aside thinking I wouldn't like it because it's non-fiction. I finally finished it recently (because I didn't have any other books to read :), and I really enjoyed it. It's written in a way that makes it very easy to read, like reading a novel vs. an autobiography! If you haven't read it yet, pick it up and read it!

Lynn,

I couldn't find the book in the book store until I looked in the autobiography section.

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula I keep pushing this one back also, guess I'll have to move it up. : )

message 4: by Amber (new)

Amber | 3 comments If you are a Nicholas Sparks fan, it is a must read. It gives such great insight into him as a person and an author, as well as giving answer to the question "How do you come up with story ideas?"

I really enjoyed it and would enthusiastically recommend it to all. Wonderful and touching story.

message 5: by Paula (new)

Paula Thanks Amber, you've convinced me. I have a few things to read ahead of it though but I'll definitely move it up.

message 6: by Farzan (new)

Farzan (persianguy1983) | 86 comments Amber, you've convined me to read this book because I thought it's kind of autobiography and boring.

message 7: by Amber (last edited Jan 23, 2010 12:23PM) (new)

Amber | 3 comments I will say that some of the present storytelling is less captivating, where he is on the actual trip w/his brother but the backstory will just rake you in and make you want to know more.

:) That's all.

message 8: by Mari (new)

Mari (mmoreno) | 3 comments I just finished reading book. It definitely made me cry. The book teaches you real life lessons.
I highly recommended to all the fans of Nicholas Sparks. Sparks life is very touching and his experiences make him a great writer.

message 9: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 1 comments I loved this book. It is awesome to know that his life is just as hectic as ours. It is really nice to see him in such a normal day routine. I loved it and would highly suggest anyone to read it.

message 10: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 6 comments Bridget wrote: "I loved this book. It is awesome to know that his life is just as hectic as ours. It is really nice to see him in such a normal day routine. I loved it and would highly suggest anyone to read it."

I feel you really got to know the Author. This is a must read for any fan!!

message 11: by Jenia (new)

Jenia | 25 comments Nancy wrote: "Bridget wrote: "I loved this book. It is awesome to know that his life is just as hectic as ours. It is really nice to see him in such a normal day routine. I loved it and would highly suggest a..."

Agreed. It was very touching but i felt as i know more about my favorite author now.

message 12: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (ashlee_) | 46 comments I'm almost halfway through, I think it's pretty good so far. I love the hidden humor.

message 13: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 90 comments I thought that was the best book ever and i felt so bad for him and his brother because they're mother passed away and they're sister passed away and they're father wasn't around much but i thought it was a really nice and moving story

message 14: by Ghadeer (new)

Ghadeer Kja (ghadeer_kja) This is my first book of him. A must read :)

message 15: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 1 comments I must admit that this book is my top 3 of all his novels. You get a taste of how he becomes the person and writer he is. A very enjoyable it was for me.

message 16: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 90 comments So how many people read that book?