Chick Lit Book Club discussion

Always Something There to Remind Me
2011 Book Archive > 9/2011: Always Something There: General Discussion

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashley For any general questions or discussions :)

message 2: by elizabeth_agd (new)

elizabeth_agd | 72 comments does anyone have an ebook version they would share with me?

LiteraryMarie I have the hardcover.

Erin Picked up my copy today- can't wait to get reading!

Ashley I'm on Chapter 3 and hope to post the first set of questions later today :)

message 6: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen | 40 comments I finished the book today! I loved it! I didn't care so much about Erin i the present, I did not like reading about her job expecially. That Roxanne drove me crazy! I couldn't have skipped that part of the storyline completely!

LiteraryMarie I finished it already too, Jen. The Roxanne story was just a subplot, but it helped Erin see the error in her ways. Roxanne's so-called romance life made Erin look closely at hers.

LiteraryMarie Oh, it also helped Erin to appreciate her daughter more.

message 9: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen | 40 comments Oh, I totally understand why it was there, but I really didn't enjoy it at all! Otherwise, I loved the book!

LiteraryMarie Roxanne reminded me of a bad episode of MTV's Sweet 16.

message 11: by Erin (last edited Sep 08, 2011 06:50AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Erin I finished this one today. I didn't like it as much as I thought I would- I gave it 2 stars. I did not really like Erin's character and didn't feel invested in the story line.

LiteraryMarie Awww, sorry you didn't like it as much, Erin.

message 13: by Erin (new) - rated it 2 stars

Erin It's alright! I wanted to read it anyway! I want to read Shoe Addicts Anonymous to give Harbison another chance :)

message 14: by Walidah (last edited Sep 09, 2011 05:34PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Walidah | 1 comments The book was entertaining, but I prefer Harbison's other books. I also didn't care for Erin in the present, she was whiny and annoying and I could've totally done without the whole Roxanne storyline.

LiteraryMarie I see the point of the Roxanne story line, but I could have done without it too.

Harbison's other books are good too. Try Shoe Addicts Anonymous first.

Laura (LLBean75) I read this over the summer when I won the advanced copy in the giveaway.

I liked the story, but the ending was WAY too mushy for me. I skimmed through the last 30 pages because it was just mush overload.

I also couldn't stand how much Erin "name dropped" and culture dropped. It just felt very forced to me (v.s. in firefly lane I felt like it was just another facet of the story)

LiteraryMarie LOL @ mush overload

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Shoe Addicts Anonymous (other topics)