Chicks On Lit discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments I wrote to Annie Barrows to request an author chat. Here was my reply:

Hi Meg,
Thanks for writing. I'm glad to hear that Goodreads has taken up The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I think I could do an online chat if you will tell me when and how long the event would take. One of my deep dark secrets is that I have tendinitis in both hands, which makes long spans of typing very difficult, plus my aim gets worse as I go, so I make lots of typos. However, if all you're looking for is about half an hour or so, I can do that.

Let me know.

Annie

I will let you know when we confirm a date and time.
Meg

message 2: by Laura Jane (last edited Oct 06, 2008 10:54AM) (new)

Laura Jane (laurajane) I'm not surprised that she would be so gracious as to do this for us. I read most of a message board on Barnes and Noble book club about the book. Annie Barrows participated heavily in multiple discussions! How refreshing to have an author to agree to do these!
I'm anxiously awaiting the date and time! Thanks Meg!

Here is the link to the Barnes & Noble message boards:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/b...

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 1445 comments Wow, great news! Way to go, Meg!

message 4: by Holli (new)

Holli That's great news Meg!!! Thank you for setting this up :)

message 5: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Oh Meg that is awesome news! I can't wait. One of my first questions will be now that shes jumped into it will she work on more adult books rather than childrens. I just loved this book so much.

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily (ejfalke) | 576 comments Awesome awesome awesome!