The Sword and Laser discussion

Hodor on S&L!

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (last edited Aug 17, 2011 10:45AM) (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1713 comments Mod
Guess what?!

Kristian Nairn, who plays Hodor on the HBO series Game of Thrones, will be joining us on the podcast next week.

Post any questions you have for him here!

http://www.swordandlaser.com/home/201...

message 2: by Sean (new)

Sean O'Hara (seanohara) | 2365 comments Let's get it over with now:

Hodor hodor hodor hordor?

message 3: by Nick (new)

Nick (whyzen) | 1295 comments ROFL. I guessed right on your Google+ post. Didn't see that one coming.

So question for Hodor.

Did he ever just wish his character was mute so he could stop saying "Hodor!"?

Also, did he answer a casting call? If so what was the character description?

message 4: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6376 comments He'll be doing the interview in character, right?

message 5: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Tamahome wrote: "He'll be doing the interview in character, right?"

I hope not. It would be our shortest interview ever!

message 6: by aldenoneil (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments Veronica wrote: "I hope not. It would be our shortest interview ever!"

Or absolute best.

message 7: by Nick (new)

Nick (whyzen) | 1295 comments Did he ever forget to duck when Bran (actor Isaac Hempstead Wright) was riding in the harness on his back?

message 8: by Been (new)

Been | 125 comments I'd like to know how much say he had in his dialogue. No, seriously. There was a distinct lack of Hodoring in the show and I'd really like to know if he was involved in any discussions on how much Hodor is too much Hodor. I'm wondering whether they were toning it down to not grate on people, or if they just didn't have time to explain his backstory and didn't want people wondering about it until they'd had a chance to.

message 9: by Nick (last edited Aug 18, 2011 09:01AM) (new)

Nick (whyzen) | 1295 comments Never forget the old stand-by question when dealing with book-to-television/film adaptations, "Had he read the series before he got the part?"

After browsing his twitter feed my guess is he read the books. Assuming he stopped raiding in WOW long enough to read them. :-) Dwarf Resto Shamans rock BTW.

Yet another question I just thought of. Did GRRM give any character direction to the cast and allow the cast to ask him questions about the characters they are portraying or was all that direction given by the episode directors?

Knowing more about the final direction of the last books of the series I'd suppose GRRM might have had some helpful insights for the actors.

message 10: by Nokomis.FL (new)

Nokomis.FL (nokomisfl) | 316 comments How much time does he need to practice his lines?

message 11: by Alden Wilkins (last edited Aug 18, 2011 12:53PM) (new)

Alden Wilkins | 11 comments As a fellow big guy (6'7" and about 280) did he have problems walking around the castles?

I almost knocked myself out walking through a castle in Wales wearing a baseball cap. I walked strait into a stone door frame I could not see b/c the hat bill blocked it.

Can only imagine how tough that would be with someone riding piggy back.

message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael Minutillo (wolfbyte) Does he think that Hodor has intense internal thought but is unable to communicate it effectively? He can clearly understand what other people expect of him and can look after himself in other ways.

How is he preparing as an actor for when Bran "borrows" his body?

Does he ever think Hodor will say anything else or turn out to be some long lost Starks bastard or something?

Ever forget his lines? How about just losing it and saying something out of character, blooper style?

When will Hodor get his own spin off series? Who will co- star?

What are Hodors chances of making it through the whole series?

message 13: by Jess (new)

Jess | 9 comments Ha! I love the idea of a Hodor spin-off.

If he has read the books, is there a bit that he is particularly looking forward to acting?

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Ashby | 119 comments Does he have trouble remembering his lines?

message 15: by Nick (last edited Aug 21, 2011 08:59AM) (new)

Nick (whyzen) | 1295 comments Kevin wrote: "Does he have trouble remembering his lines?"

From this point forward, anyone who makes the same bad joke as any of the people who posted before them will be punished by being made to read the twilight series 20 times before the end of the year.

message 16: by Jim (new)

Jim (kskryptonian) | 202 comments Hodor Hodor Hodor HODor, Hodor?

message 17: by Nick (new)

Nick (whyzen) | 1295 comments Jim Garrison wrote: "Hodor Hodor Hodor HODor, Hodor?"

You must be a Stephenie Meyer fan. Okay, start your reading.

message 18: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Michael wrote: "Does he think that Hodor has intense internal thought but is unable to communicate it effectively? He can clearly understand what other people expect of him and can look after himself in other ways..."

Michael, I love your questions, but they're very spoilery! Even to Kristian, who hasn't finished reading all of the books yet ;)

message 19: by Nokomis.FL (new)

Nokomis.FL (nokomisfl) | 316 comments HODAR? There's a 'Locked and Loaded' or 'Armed and Ready' punchline there somewhere.

message 20: by William (new)

William Dunham | 20 comments Is there anything that you have added to the characters personality that was not in the book or script? Any gestures, faces, or postures that are hodor that you thought appropriate?

message 21: by Nick (new)

Nick (whyzen) | 1295 comments William wrote: "Is there anything that you have added to the characters personality that was not in the book or script? Any gestures, faces, or postures that are hodor that you thought appropriate?"

Too late Will, they did the interview yesterday.
http://www.swordandlaser.com/home/201...

message 22: by William (new)

William Dunham | 20 comments Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out the shows schedule. I have been listening to the previous shows until a new one is available.