SOCCER RULES discussion

Important events > vollyball v.s. Soccer

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ian, GO GOONER FOR THE GUNNERS (new)

Ian (ian_6767) | 373 comments Mod
i know who will win DUH i mean comon seriously.Sara feel fre to get some of yo vollyball friends in here.

message 2: by Ian, GO GOONER FOR THE GUNNERS (new)

YA!@

message 3: by Ian, GO GOONER FOR THE GUNNERS (new)

Volleyballs got air conditioning so you dont gotta play at 100 degreese temps

message 4: by Ian, GO GOONER FOR THE GUNNERS (new)

ya

message 5: by Swiftfire (last edited Oct 05, 2008 07:04AM) (new)

Swiftfire YOU ARE SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually, you do move more than two feet. a lot of times you have to dive for the ball, or if the ball goes outside the lines when your team has it, then you have to run out to get it. which is much better then running back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, in the burning hot sun, again and again, for what? a puny tropie? that's IF you win! and you have to win a lot of games, and go back and forth and so on a lot of games before you get that tropie. i don't think you could say the same thing to volleyball, huh?

like ian said, in volleyball you don't get soaked in sweat--does that make it less "manly?" you should watch the olympics. those people are smart enough to see that volleyball rules! soccer's basically sucide in the summer (believe me ppl i had to go to one of ian's games)

just because im so nice, i've incuded a clip for the olympics. maybe it will pull you to your senses:

it's even better when it's not blurry!!!!

did i mention it's actually exciting!? it can go from one team winning to the other, plus in the second game you get to start on a clean slate. soccer, as i have already stated, is just back and forth, back and forth. and hey, maybe in volleyball you don't move as much as in soccer. well, that gives you more energy to make great plays!!!!!!!!

(your brains are probably to small to grasp all of this)

message 6: by Swiftfire (last edited Oct 05, 2008 07:52AM) (new)

Swiftfire ohh, NICE comeback XP

in volleyball,

you burn calories too, basically everything you said in that puny paragraph about how it's SO good for you is the same as in volleyball. okay, maybe it isn't the "MOST PLAYED SPORT IN THE FREAKINJG WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" but that doesn't mean soccer's better than it. and, hello, i don't know much about soccer but i DO know that using your hands is illegal, so YOU ARE WRONG! plus, in volleyball, you get to spike it, which feels much better than playing in the rain, getting mud all over you, bearly being able to see the ball, slipping, and all that.

message 7: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire ohh whatever like that makes it better than volleyball!!! the miles thing adds to my point that soccer is nothing but runing with a few kicks and a pinch of a great play. in volleyball, you usally have a ton of awesome plays each point. but you wouldn't know........since you've probably never even seen it.

(you boys are very bad at comebacks, aren't you?)

message 8: by Austin (new)

Austin | 100 comments just so you know, it is spelled trophy. but your brain is probally too small to grasp that.

and you accually have to be in shape. you can be fat in vollyball. you use more than your hands, you play on a bigger field which goes with the whole in shape thing. and have you even played soccer in the rain?? it is sooo much better than a stupid spike. and you also have a ton of awesome plays in soccer too.

message 9: by Swiftfire (last edited Oct 05, 2008 11:12AM) (new)

Swiftfire yeah that's a lot coming from you. ian you spelled volleyball wrong. hello, its with a e!

i laughed when i read your post. omg have you ever seen a fat volleyball player? you can't be, with all that jumping and stuff. and it takes a lot of power to serve one overhand. you may laugh at me, just say its a wimpy flap of the arm, but you really need some muscuel to get it over the net. if you don't believe me, go to a local gym and try and serve a volleyball overhand over the net from the back line. did you get it over? i didn't think so. and ive actually played soccer before, and youve probably never played volleyball. how would you know if its fun or not? you probably don't even know what a spike is. you have a bunch of cool plays in soccer, ill give you that, but they don't come around as often as in volleyball.

message 10: by Austin (new)

Austin | 100 comments true ill give you that. i have played vollyball before but not on a team. i sucked... lol

i can see why you like vollyball and i will say you made a good point and i respect that but i still like soccer.

message 11: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire lol is this like surrender or something?

message 12: by Austin (new)

Austin | 100 comments no im just saying i can see why you like vollyball

message 13: by Austin (last edited Oct 05, 2008 11:49AM) (new)

Austin | 100 comments even though its a chicks sport

but soccer is still better. i mean just ask the whole world! they apprently like it better than volleyball

here this might give you some grip on why it is the best sport in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH3wNq...

watch that. you cant say that wasnt awesome.

and if that isnt enough watch this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9foCJD...

message 14: by Ian, GO GOONER FOR THE GUNNERS (new)

by the way sara i remembered you playin soccer i went to one of your games when i was like 6 yall lost like 6-1 and other team was 2
men down

message 15: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire XP!!!!!!! okay some of those goals are pretty cool, but watch this:

ignore the cheesy music

message 16: by Swiftfire (last edited Oct 05, 2008 01:26PM) (new)

Swiftfire sorry but i just have to post this:

just for good measure

message 17: by Austin (new)

Austin | 100 comments ok but i have a question. why does 1 person have a different color jersey?

message 18: by Austin (new)

Austin | 100 comments http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFrMSz...

i want to do the celebrations from the 44th second to the 49th second

message 19: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire oh, that's just the person who's not allowed to set. she's usaully short. you see, the only people who are usally good at volleyball are the tall ones, right? so there's one digger who is shorter than the rest, but she never gets to set. the different colors just let the ref know that she's not allowed to set. that's really all i know about them.

message 20: by Austin (new)

Austin | 100 comments ok i get it

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

lol i love that pick

message 22: by Austin (new)

Austin | 100 comments haha it is funny

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

VOLLEYBALL
i'm a shortie
and i love it.
good at it, too...

message 24: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire YAY MY VOLLEYBALL FRIENDS HAVE ARRVIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET'S KILL MY WERID COUSIN IAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 25: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire im super tall!!!!

message 26: by Austin (new)

Austin | 100 comments tall im 5'11 almost 6'0!!!!!!

message 27: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade I'M HERE!

I played volleyball for 2 years and LOVED it! I wasn't so good, but whatever!

And then I've done volleyball camp in the summer, every summer except this year, and I was practicing overhand serves...they're fricking HARD!!!!!!!!!!!! But once, I was just giving the ball to the other team, and was retrieving it and underhand served from the back line, and it went waaaay over!! I was SOOOOOO happy because it was like 3 years ago and I was weak! LOL

But I played soccer for ONE season and DID NOT LIKE IT.

message 28: by Megan (new)

Megan i am 14- about 5 feet- i am pretty short!! lol
volleyball is AWESOME!!!! i played it 4 my school for 4 years!!!

message 29: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire ohhhhhhh nice comeback Callahan

you can't think of anything better to say about soccer so all you can say is (quoting callahan)"SOCCER PONES VOLLEYBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

message 30: by Mccaul (new)

Mccaul (ryanmccaul) Soccer needs way more strategy than volleyball. I play both! I know. And soccer is better and more fun! Another thing: It doesn't hurt as much as volleyball.

message 31: by Megan (new)

Megan socer takes more stragty- most people dont have that!! i HATE soccer and golf!! they are fun 2 watch-not play!!

message 32: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire ryan, apprenantally u don't play real volleyball--cause it needs a ton of strategy-i don't know about soccer, but it looks to me like all you do is get open-there might be some plays, but in volleyball: bump, set, spike it, ring a bell? and if you think volleyball hurts ur a wimp!(no offence) that's another reason why i think u haven't played a lot; at first volleyball hurts when u bump it and stuff but after you play it a lot it doesn't hurt anymore. also, in soccer you can get those awlful chleats in your leg! in the short time ive play soccer, ive gotten a TON more brusies than in volleyball

message 33: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade I get bruises even when I'm not playing sports ;)

And I LIKE GOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's boring to watch, but fun to play! You don't have to run, and it doesn't require a lot of muscle (which I DON'T have), and it's kinda low-key! Except sometimes you hit like crap! Like I did today!

message 34: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade VOLLEYBALL is INTERESTING. In case you didn't see this, I once watched a soccer game (there was NOTHING else to watch on TV), and the goalie SUCKED. He kept leaving the goal-yes, I know you're allowed to, and sometimes it helps-but then someone would get a goal in when the goalie was away! It was funny to watch, because the goalie was PATHETIC!

In volleyball, there are NO pathetic players. Either you're on the team and you're good, or you're not on the team and you're not so good. I've watched volleyball on TV before, and let me tell you this- VOLLEYBALL IS A HECK OF A LOT MORE INTERESTING TO WATCH THAN SOCCER IS. Everyone on the team was fantastic, hands down. Even if you weren't a volleyball fan, you had to admit that they were GOOD.

Do you even KNOW how much power you need to spike, much less serve overhand?!?! VOLLEYBALL IS NOT EASY. You actually have to PRACTICE, Christian. PRACTICE. Bump, set, spike, serve- you have to be quick, agile, versatile- the positions rotate every few minutes, unlike soccer. In soccer, you're usually played in ONE OR TWO positions, because that's what you're specialized to do. In volleyball, you HAVE to be trained for everything, literally- you never know when you'll be subbed in or out, or have to serve, or act as setter...

message 35: by Ian, GO GOONER FOR THE GUNNERS (new)

i got a 99 on my science test i had 3 tests today i am very happy.Now this may not make sence to some of you with those small football heads but ALL sports can be equal but no one likes to agree with people and thats naturly how wars start BUT as saras brother says it EVERYBODY HAS THIER OWN OPPENION.

message 36: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire LOL IAN!!!! THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT MY BRO WOULD SAY IF HE SAW THIS GROUP!!!!!!

message 37: by Ian, GO GOONER FOR THE GUNNERS (new)

hu?

message 38: by Austin (last edited Oct 11, 2008 05:51PM) (new)

Austin | 100 comments (quote from nightshade) Do you even KNOW how much power you need to spike, much less serve overhand?!?! VOLLEYBALL IS NOT EASY. You actually have to PRACTICE, Christian. PRACTICE. Bump, set, spike, serve- you have to be quick, agile, versatile- the positions rotate every few minutes, unlike soccer. In soccer, you're usually played in ONE OR TWO positions, because that's what you're specialized to do. In volleyball, you HAVE to be trained for everything, literally- you never know when you'll be subbed in or out, or have to serve, or act as setter...

you need power in soccer also because if you have a goal kick you need to be able to kick the ball AT LEAST FORTY-FIVE YARDS. do you know how hard it is to kick a ball forty-five yards? plus what about a cross or a corner? that is pretty hard to do

also you need to be able to kick the ball a certain way. there are different ways such as a chip, a cross, a shot, a clear. in volleyball you just hit balls over nets. you also need to be ble to bend the ball. that means you hit have to hit the ball in a certain spot with a certain spot on your foot with perfect timing or else you have screwed the play up. ive bent a ball in from a corner in a GAME in a tournment. do you know how much pressure that is on you to do that. i bet of you go out to a soccer field and tried that fifty times it wouldnt go in once. if you ask me that is WAY easyer than soccer.

accually you have to play more than one position. you have to recover to the defence to halp stop the other team from scoring, you have to get up to help your team score. you never know when you will get subbed out is soccer eather. i play striker, the person who scores but i am also a very good defender. when our sweeper got injured guess who had to take over his spot. me and we won. so dont say we only play one position. plus you are always switching on the field just like in volleyball but we dont need someone to tell us when to because we are beast enough to do it by our selves like big boys and big girls

message 39: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire (eye roll)

message 40: by Austin (new)

Austin | 100 comments ohh great come back

message 41: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire oh you did, did u?

message 42: by Austin (new)

Austin | 100 comments what? still no come back? looks like soccer is winning... haha

message 43: by Ian, GO GOONER FOR THE GUNNERS (new)

i went to a soccer game today HOUSTON DYNAMO!!

message 44: by Austin (new)

Austin | 100 comments wow. i like LA Galaxy. not because of beckham ive always liked them... Cobi

message 45: by Austin (new)

Austin | 100 comments me eather that is just my MLS team

message 46: by Austin (new)

Austin | 100 comments wow still no comeback! i rock!

*does a little dance*

message 47: by Ian, GO GOONER FOR THE GUNNERS (new)

HOUSTON DYNAMO!

message 48: by Austin (new)

Austin | 100 comments (: ya haha :)

message 49: by Austin (new)

Austin | 100 comments come on! post your come back so i can own you again!

message 50: by Austin (new)

Austin | 100 comments no the volleyball ppl

« previous 1