Around the World in 80 Books discussion

Books Set in Africa > South Africa

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Aug 02, 2017 10:44PM) (new)

Diane  | 12969 comments Post any books set in South Africa here.

For many more books set in South Africa, check out the bookshelf: https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

message 2: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Jan 05, 2012 10:32PM) (new)

Diane  | 12969 comments Books set in South Africa:

Disgrace by J.M. Coetzee Disgrace by J.M. Coetzee
July's People by Nadine Gordimer July's People by Nadine Gordimer
Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay
Spud by John van de Ruit Spud by John van de Ruit
The Grass is Singing by Doris Lessing The Grass Is Singing by Doris Lessing
Devil's Peak by Deon Meyer Devil's Peak by Deon Meyer
Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela Long Walk to Freedom: The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela by Nelson Mandela
Six Fang Marks and a Tetanus Shot by Richard de Nooy Six Fang Marks and a Tetanus Shot by Richard de Nooy
My Traitor's Heart by Rian Malan My Traitor's Heart by Rian Malan
The Conservationist by Nadine Gordimer The Conservationist by Nadine Gordimer
The Scent of Oranges by Joan Sawatzky The Scent of Oranges by Joan Sawatzky
The Syringa Tree a Novel by Pamela Gien The Syringa Tree by Pamela Gien
Kringe in 'n bos by Dalene Matthee Kringe in 'n bos by Dalene Matthee
Beethoven Was One-Sixteenth Black And Other Stories by Nadine Gordimer Beethoven Was One-Sixteenth Black: And Other Stories by Nadine Gordimer
The Heart of Redness by Zakes Mda The Heart of Redness by Zakes Mda
Ah, But Your Land Is Beautiful by Alan Paton Ah, But Your Land Is Beautiful by Alan Paton
Life and Times of Michael K by J.M. Coetzee Life and Times of Michael K by J.M. Coetzee
A Beautiful Place to Die by Malla Nunn A Beautiful Place to Die by Malla Nunn
Heart of the Hunter A Novel by Deon Meyer Heart of the Hunter: A Novel by Deon Meyer
Agaat by Marlene Van Niekerk Agaat by Marlene Van Niekerk
Jump and Other Stories by Nadine Gordimer Jump and Other Short Stories by Nadine Gordimer
The Story of an African Farm (Penguin Classics) by Olive Schreiner The Story of an African Farm by Olive Schreiner
Mafikeng Road And Other Stories (The anniversary edition) by Herman Charles Bosman Mafikeng Road And Other Stories by Herman Charles Bosman
The Book of Happenstance by Ingrid Winterbach The Book of Happenstance by Ingrid Winterbach
Random Violence Introducing the Jade de Jong Series Set in South Africa by Jassy Mackenzie Random Violence by Jassy Mackenzie (1st book of series)
Makeba My Story by Miriam Makeba Makeba: My Story by Miriam Makeba
Middle of Somewhere, The by Sheila Gordon The Middle of Somewhere: A Story of South Africa by Sheila Gordon
Kaffir Boy The True Story of a Black Youth's Coming of Age in Apartheid South Africa by Mark Mathabane Kaffir Boy by Mark Mathabane
Smokescreen by Dick Francis Smokescreen by Dick Francis
Crossing the Line A Year in the Land of Apartheid by William Finnegan Crossing the Line: A Year in the Land of Apartheid by William Finnegan
Mine Boy by Peter Abrahams Mine Boy by Peter Abrahams
Country of My Skull by Antjie Krog Country of My Skull by Antjie Krog
No Future Without Forgiveness by Desmond Tutu No Future Without Forgiveness by Desmond Tutu
Biko by Donald Woods Biko by Donald Woods
Burger's Daughter by Nadine Gordimer Burger's Daughter by Nadine Gordimer
The Pickup by Nadine Gordimer The Pickup by Nadine Gordimer
The House Gun by Nadine Gordimer The House Gun by Nadine Gordimer
My Son's Story by Nadine Gordimer My Son's Story by Nadine Gordimer
Telling Times Writing and Living, 1950-2008 by Nadine Gordimer Telling Times: Writing and Living, 1950-2008 by Nadine Gordimer
Triomf by Marlene Van Niekerk Triomf byMarlene Van Niekerk
My Patients were Zulus by James B. McCord My Patients were Zulus by James B. McCord
The Man in the Brown Suit (Agatha Christie Collection) by Agatha Christie The Man in the Brown Suit by Agatha Christie
The White Lioness by Henning Mankell The White Lioness by Henning Mankell
Forgive Me by Amanda Eyre Ward Forgive Me by Amanda Eyre Ward
Tsotsi by Athol Fugard Tsotsi: A Novel by Athol Fugard
Moxyland by Lauren Beukes Moxyland by Lauren Beukes
The Impostor by Damon Galgut The Impostor by Damon Galgut
Mother To Mother by Sindiwe Magona Mother To Mother by Sindiwe Magona
Bitter Fruit by Achmat Dangor Bitter Fruit by Achmat Dangor
The Jack Bank A Memoir of a South African Childhood by Glen Retief The Jack Bank: A Memoir of a South African Childhood by Glen Retief
The legacy of Ladysmith A novel by John Kenny Crane Legacy of Ladysmith by John Kenny Crane
Coconut by Kopano Matlwa Coconut by Kopano Matlwa
Verheißene Erde by James A. Michener The Covenant by James A. Michener
Islands by Dan Sleigh Islands by Dan Sleigh
Ancestral Voices by Etienne van Heerden Ancestral Voices by Etienne van Heerden
A Dry White Season by André Brink A Dry White Season by André Brink
Down Second Avenue Growing Up in a South African Ghetto by Es'kia Mphahlele Down Second Avenue: Growing Up in a South African Ghetto by Es'kia Mphahlele
Soweto Inside Out Stories About Africa's Famous Township by Adam Roberts Soweto Inside Out: Stories About Africa's Famous Township by Adam Roberts
Postcards from Soweto by Mokone Molete Postcards from Soweto by Mokone Molete
Happiness is a four-letter word by Cynthia Jele Happiness is a four-letter word by Cynthia Jele
The Native Commissioner by Shaun Johnson The Native Commissioner by Shaun Johnson
All We Have Left Unsaid by Maxine Case All We Have Left Unsaid by Maxine Case
The Good Doctor by Damon Galgut The Good Doctor by Damon Galgut
Gardening at Night by Diane Awerbuck Gardening at Night by Diane Awerbuck
If You Can Walk, You Can Dance by Marion Molteno If You Can Walk, You Can Dance by Marion Molteno
Dance with a Poor Man's Daughter by Pamela Jooste Dance with a Poor Man's Daughter by Pamela Jooste
Winds of Change by Dene Coetzee Winds of Change by Dene Coetzee
13 cents by K. Sello Duiker Thirteen Cents by K. Sello Duiker
Song of the Atman by Ronnie Govender Song of the Atman by Ronnie Govender
Move Your Shadow South Africa, Black and White (Abacus Books) by Joseph Lelyveld Move Your Shadow: South Africa, Black and White by Joseph Lelyveld
Zoo City by Lauren Beukes Zoo City byLauren Beukes
Young Mandela by David James Smith Young Mandela by David James Smith
Cracks by Sheila Kohler Cracks by Sheila Kohler
Blood Safari by Deon Meyer Blood Safari by Deon Meyer
Confessions of a Gambler by Rayda Jacobs Confessions of a Gambler by Rayda Jacobs
None to Accompany Me by Nadine Gordimer None to Accompany Me by Nadine Gordimer
The Last Empire De Beers, Diamonds, and the World by Stefan Kanfer The Last Empire: De Beers, Diamonds, and the World by Stefan Kanfer
Playing the Enemy Nelson Mandela and the Game That Made a Nation by John Carlin Playing the Enemy: Nelson Mandela and the Game That Made a Nation by John Carlin
A Quilt of Dreams A Novel by Patricia Schonstein A Quilt of Dreams: A Novel by Patricia Schonstein
Raising the Dead A True Story of Death and Survival by Phillip Finch Raising the Dead: A True Story of Death and Survival by Phillip Finch
A Time of Angels A Novel (P.S.) by Patricia Schonstein A Time of Angels: A Novel by Patricia Schonstein
The World That Was Ours (Persephone Classics) by Hilda Bernstein The World That Was Ours by Hilda Bernstein
Postcards from South Africa by Rayda Jacobs Postcards from South Africa by Rayda Jacobs
Too Late The Phalarope by Alan Paton Too Late The Phalarope by Alan Paton
A Story Like the Wind by Laurens van der Post A Story Like the Wind by Laurens van der Post
Summertime by J.M. Coetzee Summertime by J.M. Coetzee
The Smell of Apples A Novel by Mark Behr The Smell of Apples: A Novel by Mark Behr
SOWETO EXPLODES by MOSEGOMI MOSALA SOWETO EXPLODES by MOSEGOMI MOSALA
Soweto Poetry Literary Perspectives by Michael Chapman Soweto Poetry: Literary Perspectives by Michael Chapman
Durban Connections (Trendsetters) by Charlotte Mbali Durban Connections by Charlotte Mbali
YOU CAN'T GET LOST IN CAPETOWN by Zoe Wicomb You Can't Get Lost in Cape Town by Zoe Wicomb
From Capetown to Ladysmith (Dodo Press) by G. W. Steevens From Capetown to Ladysmith by G. W. Steevens
Journey to Jo'Burg by Beverley Naidoo Journey to Jo'Burg by Beverley Naidoo

message 5: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 6: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 8: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisadannatt) Karma Suture- Rosamund Kendall
The Angina Monologues- Rosamund Kendall
Fanie Fourie's Lobola- Nape A' Motana

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisadannatt) Johnny Steinberger- the three letter plague; The Number...

message 11: by Francesca (last edited Jul 13, 2013 04:19AM) (new)

Francesca Moore | 2 comments Hiya everyone,

I wasn't sure where to put this so sorry if this looks spammy, I wasn't my intention.

I have just got back from a month in Lesotho (a country inside of South Africa), working as a doctor. During my time there I wrote a diary and amazing and horrendous things were happening every day. I posted it as a blog and it has been quite popular. I thought the group members on here might be interested.

http://lesothoelective.wordpress.com/

Enjoy! And please pass it on as this country is in desperate need of medical help.

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisadannatt) Hi Francesca,
I'm also a South African doctor. I worked near to Lesotho.
I look forward to reading your blog and possibly sharing experiences.

message 13: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 14: by Shannon SA (last edited Aug 02, 2013 01:33AM) (new)

Shannon SA ' Buckingham Palace' , District Six by Richard Rive
' Buckingham Palace' , District Six by Richard Rive
Triomf by Marlene Van Niekerk
Triomf by Marlene van Niekerk
Fiela's Child by Dalene Matthee
Fiela's Child by Dalene Mathee
Circles in a Forest by Dalene Matthee
Circles in a Forest by Dalene Mathee

message 15: by Megan (new)

Megan | 2 comments The Elephant Whisperer and The Last Rhino both by Lawrence Anthony

message 16: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 17: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 18: by Kama (new)

Kama (Okama) | 22 comments Heartland by Jann Turner.

message 19: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisadannatt) Hi everybody,
I am a moderator at the Goodreads group SA reads. We explore South African works.
In April-May, we will be reading A Long Walk to Freedom, in celebration of 20 years democracy and in honor of Tata Madiba.
Local author, John Mountford, will lead the discussion.
Please join us.
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...
Diane, thank you so much for allowing me the opportunity of promoting this in your incredible group.
Dankie. Ke a leboga. Ngiyabonga.

message 20: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 21: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 22: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 24: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 25: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 26: by Evadeen (new)

Evadeen (evadeenbrickwood) | 5 comments Hi, I'm Evadeen Brickwood. I write novels mostly about my experiences in foreign lands and interesting topics I research.
My latest novel Singing Lizards by Evadeen Brickwood
Singing Lizards
is set in Southern Africa and has a traditional African aspect.
In 1988, Bridget Reinhold's sister Claire disappears in Botswana under mysterious circumstances. Bridget rushes to Africa and is faced with age-old traditions and political change. Struggling to find her place in rural Africa and an urban society with its many distractions, she is getting no closer to the answers she desperately seeks. Should Bridget enlist the help of witchdoctors to find Claire or just accept and live her new exciting life?
I believe there is an excerpt of the book in my profile, otherwise Singing Lizardsis available as a free read on Wattpad until the end of April.
Happy reading

message 28: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Uzma (Whatever Catches My Fancy) | 1 comments Born a Crime by Trevor Noah

message 30: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 32: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 33: by Mome_Rath (new)

Mome_Rath | 1442 comments For an inspiring, but serious look at AIDS in South Africa, and the true story of a young boy and his adopted mother who advocated for change, I was recently reminded of this book:

We Are All the Same A Story of a Boy's Courage and a Mother's Love by Jim Wooten We Are All the Same: A Story of a Boy's Courage and a Mother's Love by Jim Wooten

message 34: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 35: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 37: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 38: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 40: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Aug 02, 2017 10:46PM) (new)

message 41: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (last edited May 28, 2018 02:30PM) (new)

Diane  | 12969 comments More books set in South Africa:

101 Detectives by Ivan Vladislavić 101 Detectives by Ivan Vladislavić
117 Days An Account of Confinement and Interrogation Under the South African 90-Day Detention Law by Ruth First 117 Days by Ruth First
16 Stories By South African Writers by Clive Millar 16 Stories By South African Writers by Clive Millar
491 Days by Winnie Madikizela-Mandela 491 Days by Winnie Madikizela-Mandela
50 People Who Stuffed Up South Africa by Alexander Parker 50 People Who Stuffed Up South Africa by Alexander Parker
Across Boundaries The Journey of a South African Woman Leader by Mamphela Ramphele Across Boundaries: The Journey of a South African Woman Leader by Mamphela Ramphele
Advance, Retreat Selected Short Stories by Richard Rive Advance, Retreat: Selected Short Stories by Richard Rive
The Affair by Santa Montefiore The Affair by Santa Montefiore
Affluenza by Niq Mhlongo Affluenza by Niq Mhlongo
African Delights by Siphiwo Mahala African Delights by Siphiwo Mahala
An African Prayer Book by Desmond Tutu An African Prayer Book by Desmond Tutu
African Queen The Real Life of the Hottentot Venus by Rachel Holmes African Queen: The Real Life of the Hottentot Venus by Rachel Holmes
African Stories by Doris Lessing African Stories by Doris Lessing
African Wisdom by Ellen Kuzwayo African Wisdom by Ellen Kuzwayo
Afrika by Colleen Craig Afrika by Colleen Craig
Afrika My Music An Autobiography, 1957-1983 by Es'kia Mphahlele Afrika My Music: An Autobiography, 1957-1983 by Es'kia Mphahlele
After Mandela The Battle for the Soul of South Africa by Alec Russell After Mandela: The Battle for the Soul of South Africa by Alec Russell
After Mandela The Struggle for Freedom in Post-Apartheid South Africa by Douglas Foster After Mandela: The Struggle for Freedom in Post-Apartheid South Africa
After Tears by Niq Mhlongo After Tears by Niq Mhlongo
After the Rain (Twisted Fate, #1) by Jo Watson After the Rain by Jo Watson (1st book in Twisted Fate series)
Against an African Sky And Other Stories by Farida Karodia Against an African Sky: And Other Stories by Farida Karodia
Age of Iron by J.M. Coetzee Age of Iron by J.M. Coetzee
Agency Blue by Alex Smith Agency Blue by Alex Smith
Akosua and Osman by Manu Herbstein Akosua and Osman by Manu Herbstein
All Things Wild And Wonderful by Kobie Krüger All Things Wild And Wonderful by Kobie Krüger
Almost a Bride (Destination Love, #2) by Jo Watson Almost a Bride by Jo Watson
AmaZulu by Walton Golightly AmaZulu by Walton Golightly
The Ambassador by André Brink The Ambassador by André Brink
Anatomy of a Miracle The End of Apartheid and the Birth of the New South Africa by Patti Waldmeir Anatomy of a Miracle: The End of Apartheid and the Birth of the New South Africa
Anatomy of South Africa Who Holds the Power? by Richard Calland Anatomy of South Africa: Who Holds the Power? by Richard Calland
The Ancestors & the Sacred Mountain Poems by Mazisi Kunene The Ancestors & the Sacred Mountain: Poems by Mazisi Kunene
And the girls in their Sunday dresses four works by Zakes Mda And The Girls In Their Sunday Dresses: Four Works by Zakes Mda
And They Didn't Die by Lauretta Ngcobo And They Didn't Die by Lauretta Ngcobo
Anthem of the Decades A Zulu Epic by Mazisi Kunene Anthem of the Decades: A Zulu Epic by Mazisi Kunene
Any Way The Wind Blows by Eben Beukes Any Way The Wind Blows by Eben Beukes
Apartheid on a Black Isle Removal and Resistance in Alexandra, South Africa by Dawne Y. Curry Apartheid on a Black Isle: Removal and Resistance in Alexandra, South Africa
Apocalypse Now Now (Apocalypse Now Now, #1) by Charlie Human Apocalypse Now Now by Charlie Human (1st book in series)
Architects Of Poverty by Moeletsi Mbeki Architects Of Poverty by Moeletsi Mbeki
Are We There Yet? Chasing a Childhood Through South Africa by David Smiedt Are We There Yet?: Chasing a Childhood Through South Africa by David Smiedt
The Artful Egg by James McClure The Artful Egg by James McClure
At The Edge And Other Cato Manor Stories by Ronnie Govender At The Edge And Other Cato Manor Stories by Ronnie Govender
Awaken by Tim Bennett Awaken by Tim Bennett
Bafana Bafana A Story of Soccer, Magic and Mandela by Troy Blacklaws Bafana Bafana: A Story of Soccer, Magic and Mandela by Troy Blacklaws
The Bang Bang Club by Greg Marinovich The Bang Bang Club by Greg Marinovich
The Bargain Episode 1 A Port Elizabeth Regency Tale by Vanessa Riley The Bargain: Episode 1 A Port Elizabeth Regency Tale by Vanessa Riley
Basadzi Voices An Anthology Of Poetic Writing By Young Black South African Women by Rose Mokhosi Basadzi Voices: An Anthology Of Poetic Writing By Young Black South African Women by Rose Mokhosi
The Battle of Spion Kop by Oliver Ransford The Battle of Spion Kop by Oliver Ransford
The Beadle by Pauline Smith The Beadle by Pauline Smith
The Beautiful Screaming Of Pigs by Damon Galgut The Beautiful Screaming Of Pigs by Damon Galgut
Beauty's Gift by Sindiwe Magona Beauty's Gift by Sindiwe Magona
Begging to Be Black by Antjie Krog Begging to Be Black by Antjie Krog
Behind Every Successful Man by Zukiswa Wanner Behind Every Successful Man by Zukiswa Wanner
Beyond the Delivery Room by Khadija Heeger Beyond the Delivery Room by Khadija Heeger
Beyond the Miracle Inside the New South Africa by Allister Sparks Beyond the Miracle: Inside the New South Africa by Allister Sparks
Birthday Wishes and Other Stories by Lauri Kubuitsile Birthday Wishes and Other Stories by Lauri Kubuitsile
Bitches' Brew by Fred Khumalo Bitches' Brew by Fred Khumalo
Black Chin, White Chin by Ronnie Govender Black Chin, White Chin by Ronnie Govender
Black Diamond by Zakes Mda Black Diamond by Zakes Mda
Black Heart (Kaapstadtrilogie, # 3) by Mike Nicol Black Heart by Mike Nicol
Black Man's Medicine by Muzi Kuzwayo Black Man's Medicine by Muzi Kuzwayo
Black Order (Sigma Force, #3) by James Rollins Black Order by James Rollins (3rd book in Sigma Force series)
Black South African Women An Anthology of Plays by Kathy A. Perkins Black South African Women: An Anthology of Plays by Kathy A. Perkins
The Blacks of Cape Town by C.A. Davids The Blacks of Cape Town by C.A. Davids
A Blade of Grass by Lewis DeSoto A Blade of Grass by Lewis DeSoto
Bliss River by Thea Devine Bliss River by Thea Devine
The Blood of an Englishman A Kramer and Zondi Investigation by James McClure The Blood of an Englishman by James McClure
Blood Orange A Novel by Troy Blacklaws Blood Orange: A Novel by Troy Blacklaws
Bloodlines by Neville Frankel Bloodlines by Neville Frankel
Bloody Satisfied by Joanne Hichens Bloody Satisfied by Joanne Hichens
The Blue Door by André Brink The Blue Door by André Brink
The Blues Is You In Me by Sydney Sipho Sepamla The Blues Is You In Me by Sydney Sipho Sepamla
Boer War Diary An African at Mafeking by Sol T. Plaatje Boer War Diary: An African at Mafeking by Sol T. Plaatje
The Boer War by Thomas Pakenham The Boer War by Thomas Pakenham
Boesman and Lena by Athol Fugard Boesman and Lena by Athol Fugard
Bom Boy by Yewande Omotoso Bom Boy by Yewande Omotoso
The Book of the Dead by Kgebetli Moele The Book of the Dead by Kgebetli Moele
Born a Crime Stories From a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah Born a Crime: Stories From a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah
Born in Soweto Inside the Heart of South Africa by Heidi Holland Born in Soweto: Inside the Heart of South Africa by Heidi Holland
Botsotso Contemporary South African Poetry (Reality Street) by Ken Edwards Botsotso: Contemporary South African Poetry by Ken Edwards
Boundaries by Farida Karodia Boundaries by Farida Karodia
Boyhood by J.M. Coetzee Boyhood by J.M. Coetzee
The Breadwinners A Family Saga by Jan Hurst-Nicholson The Breadwinners: A Family Saga by Jan Hurst-Nicholson
Brooding Clouds by Phaswane Mpe Brooding Clouds by Phaswane Mpe
'Buckingham Palace', District Six by Richard Rive 'Buckingham Palace', District Six by Richard Rive
Bundu by Chris Barnard Bundu by Chris Barnard
Bush War The Road to Cuito Cuanavale by Gennady Shubin Bush War: The Road to Cuito Cuanavale by Gennady Shubin
The Butterfly Lion by Michael Morpurgo The Butterfly Lion by Michael Morpurgo

message 42: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Jun 07, 2018 03:25PM) (new)

Diane  | 12969 comments More books set in South Africa:

Cabin Fever and Other Stories by Diane Awerbuck Cabin Fever and Other Stories by Diane Awerbuck
Caliban's Shore The Wreck of the Grosvenor and the Strange Fate of Her Survivors by Stephen Taylor Caliban's Shore: The Wreck of the Grosvenor & the Strange Fate of Her Survivors
Call Me Not a Man And Other Stories (Longman African Writers Series) by Mtutuzeli Matshoba Call Me Not a Man: And Other Stories by Mtutuzeli Matshoba
Call Me Woman by Ellen Kuzwayo Call Me Woman by Ellen Kuzwayo
The Calling of Katie Makanya A Memoir of South Africa by Margaret McCord The Calling of Katie Makanya: A Memoir of South Africa by Margaret McCord
Can He Be the One? by Lauri Kubuitsile Can He Be the One? by Lauri Kubuitsile
A Cape of Good Hope Christmas by Lloyd A. Meeker A Cape of Good Hope Christmas by Lloyd A. Meeker
Cape of Storms The First Life of Adamastor by André Brink Cape of Storms: The First Life of Adamastor by André Brink
Cape Town by Brenda Hammond Cape Town by Brenda Hammond
Cape Town Coolie by Reshard Gool Cape Town Coolie by Reshard Gool
Cape Town to Kruger Backpacker Travels in South Africa and Swaziland by John Dwyer Cape Town to Kruger: Backpacker Travels in South Africa and Swaziland
The Caterpillar Cop by James McClure The Caterpillar Cop by James McClure
Cathedral of the Wild An African Journey Home by Boyd Varty Cathedral of the Wild: An African Journey Home by Boyd Varty
A Chain of Voices by André Brink A Chain of Voices by André Brink
Chanda's Secrets by Allan Stratton Chanda's Secrets by Allan Stratton (1st book in Chanda series)
A Change Of Climate by Hilary Mantel A Change Of Climate by Hilary Mantel
A Change of Tongue by Antjie Krog A Change of Tongue by Antjie Krog
The Chess Garden or the Twilight Letters of Gustav Uyterhoeven by Brooks Hansen The Chess Garden by Brooks Hansen
City of Golden Shadow Otherland Book 1 by Tad Williams City of Golden Shadow by Tad Williams (1st book in Otherland series)
Closed Circle by Wessel Ebersohn Closed Circle by Wessel Ebersohn
Colour Me Yellow by Thuli Nhlapo Colour Me Yellow by Thuli Nhlapo
Coming Home And Other Stories by Farida Karodia Coming Home And Other Stories by Farida Karodia
Conjuring Maud by Philip Danze Conjuring Maud by Philip Danze
Contemporary Jewish Writing in South Africa An Anthology by Claudia Bathsheba Braude Contemporary Jewish Writing in South Africa: An Anthology
Conversations with My Sons and Daughters by Mamphela Ramphele Conversations with My Sons and Daughters by Mamphela Ramphele
Conversations With Myself by Nelson Mandela Conversations With Myself by Nelson Mandela
The Courtneys of Africa The Burning Shore / Power of the Sword / Rage by Wilbur Smith The Courtneys of Africa by Wilbur Smith
Crossways by Sheila Kohler Crossways by Sheila Kohler
Cruel Crazy Beautiful World A novel by Troy Blacklaws Cruel Crazy Beautiful World: A Novel by Troy Blacklaws
Cry Baby by Lauren Liebenberg Cry Baby by Lauren Liebenberg
The Cry of Winnie Mandela by Njabulo S. Ndebele The Cry of Winnie Mandela by Njabulo S. Ndebele
The Curator by Jacques Strauss The Curator by Jacques Strauss
Curse of the King by Omari Pye Curse of the King by Omari Pye
The Curve and the Tusk by Stuart Cloete The Curve and the Tusk by Stuart Cloete
Cutting Through the Mountain Interviews with South African Jewish Activists by Immanuel Suttner Cutting Through the Mountain: Interviews with South African Jewish Activists
Dancing in the Shadows of Love by Judy Croome Dancing in the Shadows of Love by Judy Croome
Dancing Shoes Is Dead by Gavin Evans Dancing Shoes Is Dead by Gavin Evans
Dancing to the Beat of the Drum In Search of My Spiritual Home by Pamela Nomvete Dancing to the Beat of the Drum: In Search of My Spiritual Home by Pamela Nomvete
Dark Heritage by Yvonne Whittal Dark Heritage by Yvonne Whittal
Daughter of the Sky by Michelle Diener Daughter of the Sky by Michelle Diener
Daughters of the Twilight by Farida Karodia Daughters of the Twilight by Farida Karodia
Dead at Daybreak by Deon Meyer Dead at Daybreak by Deon Meyer
Dead Before Dying by Deon Meyer Dead Before Dying by Deon Meyer
The Dead City Blues by Yelena Calavera The Dead City Blues by Yelena Calavera
Dead Roots by Arthur Nortje Dead Roots by Arthur Nortje
Deadly Safari by Lisa Harris Deadly Safari by Lisa Harris
Devilskein & Dearlove by Alex Smith Devilskein & Dearlove by Alex Smith
Dikeledi by Sabata-Mpho Mokae Dikeledi by Sabata-Mpho Mokae
Dikeledi Child of Tears, No More by Achmat Dangor Dikeledi: Child of Tears, No More by Achmat Dangor
Dinaane Short Stories by Women from South Africa by Maggie Davey Dinaane: Short Stories by Women from South Africa by Maggie Davey
Dog Eat Dog by Niq Mhlongo Dog Eat Dog by Niq Mhlongo
Hondenhart by Breyten Breytenbach Dog Heart: A Memoir by Breyten Breytenbach
Dominoes Unbreakable Spirit - The Somizi Mhlongo Story by Somizi Mhlongo Dominoes: Unbreakable Spirit by Somizi Mhlongo
Double Negative by Ivan Vladislavić Double Negative by Ivan Vladislavić
Down to My Last Skin Poems by Antjie Krog Down to My Last Skin: Poems by Antjie Krog
Drowning by Jassy De Jong Drowning by Jassy De Jong
The Dubious Salvation of Jack V. A Novel by Jacques Strauss The Dubious Salvation of Jack V.: A Novel by Jacques Strauss
Dusklands by J.M. Coetzee Dusklands by J.M. Coetzee
Dust Devils by Roger Smith Dust Devils by Roger Smith
A Duty of Memory by W.P.B. Botha A Duty of Memory by W.P.B. Botha