Around the World in 80 Books discussion

Books Set in Africa > Tanzania

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane | 12761 comments Post books set in Tanzania here.

message 5: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 6: by Gloria (last edited Apr 06, 2013 09:53AM) (new)

message 7: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 9: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan | 379 comments Dying in the Sun by Peter K. Palangyo Dying in the Sun by Peter Palangyo

message 12: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Lang (ayrshireauthor) | 4 comments Hello Readers, I have just joined you today and have already found books I want to read. This is also to announce that I have just published an e-book through Amazon. The title of my book is DISLOCATION ~ a moving story of a turbulent childhood.
It charts my birth in Kenya right up to my 18th birthday, with much travel between Kenya, Tanzania, England and Scotland, as our family followed my father to remote locations all over East Africa. Best wishes Lucy Lang

message 13: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Lang (ayrshireauthor) | 4 comments A memoir about my chaotic childhood between Tanzania and Scotland. It's entitled Dislocation. All the best, Lucy Lang

message 14: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 15: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Apr 26, 2017 08:46PM) (new)

Diane | 12761 comments More books set in Tanzania:

The Africa Bar by Nick Maes The Africa Bar by Nick Maes
The African Queen by C.S. Forester The African Queen by C.S. Forester
Amriika by M.G. Vassanji Amriika by M.G. Vassanji
And Home Was Kariakoo A Memoir of East Africa by M.G. Vassanji And Home Was Kariakoo: A Memoir of East Africa by M.G. Vassanji
An Anthology Of Swahili Love Poetry by Jan Knappert An Anthology Of Swahili Love Poetry by Jan Knappert
The Basement by Sasha Newborn The Basement by Sasha Newborn
Bayo A Good African Boy by Judith Hudson Bayo: A Good African Boy by Judith Hudson
Between Heaven and Earth (Seven, #1) by Eric Walters Between Heaven and Earth by Eric Walters
The Black Mzungu by Alexandria Kathleen Osborne The Black Mzungu by Alexandria Kathleen Osborne
Blutendes Land by Ismael R. Mbise Blutendes Land by Ismael R. Mbise
Broken Reed by Sophia Mustafa Broken Reed by Sophia Mustafa
Cargo (A Leine Basso Thriller #4) by D.V. Berkom Cargo by D.V. Berkom (4th Leine Basso Thriller)
Chaga by Ian McDonald Chaga by Ian McDonald
A Choice Of Flowers. Chaguo La Maua An Anthology Of Swahili Love Poetry by Jan Knappert A Choice Of Flowers. Chaguo La Maua: An Anthology Of Swahili Love Poetry
Crazy River Exploration and Folly in East Africa by Richard Grant Crazy River: Exploration and Folly in East Africa by Richard Grant
Doctor in the Land of the Lion by Pascal James Imperato Doctor in the Land of the Lion by Pascal James Imperato
Elephant Summer by Douglas Jackson Channell Elephant Summer by Douglas Jackson Channell
Evolution's Shore by Ian McDonald Evolution's Shore by Ian McDonald
A Girl Called Problem by Katie Quirk A Girl Called Problem by Katie Quirk
The Girl from Uganda by Tengio Urrio The Girl from Uganda by Tengio Urrio
Going Solo by Roald Dahl Going Solo by Roald Dahl
Golden Boy by Tara Sullivan Golden Boy by Tara Sullivan
Gorge My Journey Up Kilimanjaro at 300 Pounds by Kara Richardson Whitely Gorge: My Journey Up Kilimanjaro at 300 Pounds by Kara Richardson Whitely
Green Hills of Africa by Ernest Hemingway Green Hills of Africa by Ernest Hemingway
How I Found Livingstone by Henry Morton Stanley How I Found Livingstone by Henry Morton Stanley
The Hunter's Wife by Katherine Scholes The Hunter's Wife by Katherine Scholes
An Ice-Cream War by William Boyd An Ice-Cream War by William Boyd
Ivory (Birthright #14) by Mike Resnick Ivory by Mike Resnick (14th book in Birthright series)
Jane Goodall The Woman Who Redefined Man by Dale Peterson Jane Goodall: The Woman Who Redefined Man by Dale Peterson
Jaspa's Journey The Great Migration by Rich Meyrick Jaspa's Journey: The Great Migration by Rich Meyrick
Kilimanjaro One Woman's Journey to the Roof of Africa and Beyond by Deb Denis Kilimanjaro: One Woman's Journey to the Roof of Africa and Beyond
Kilimanjaro and Beyond A Life-Changing Journey by Barry Finlay Kilimanjaro and Beyond: A Life-Changing Journey by Barry Finlay
Kilimanjaro One Man's Quest to Go Over the Hill by M.G. Edwards Kilimanjaro: One Man's Quest to Go Over the Hill by M.G. Edwards
Kisima Cha Giningi by Muhammed Said Abdulla Kisima Cha Giningi by Muhammed Said Abdulla
Kissing Kibo Trekking to the Summit of Mount Kilimanjaro Via the Lemosho Route by Sheree Marshall Kissing Kibo: Trekking to the Summit of Mount Kilimanjaro Via the Lemosho Route
Kissing Kilimanjaro by Daniel Dorr Kissing Kilimanjaro by Daniel Dorr
The Last Gift by Abdulrazak Gurnah The Last Gift by Abdulrazak Gurnah
Leopards at My Door Peace Corps, Tanzania, 1966-1967 by Harriet Hayes Denison Leopards at My Door: Peace Corps, Tanzania, 1966-1967
The Lion of Yola by S. Ndunguru The Lion of Yola by S. Ndunguru
Lioness by Katherine Scholes Lioness by Katherine Scholes
Listening for Lions by Gloria Whelan Listening for Lions by Gloria Whelan
The Lunatic Express An Entertainment In Imperialism (Penguin Classic History) by Charles Miller The Lunatic Express: An Entertainment In Imperialism
A Matter of Time by Alex Capus A Matter of Time by Alex Capus
Uhuru Peak The Quest for Mt. Kilimanjaro by Davine A. Green Uhuru Peak: The Quest for Mt. Kilimanjaro by Davine A. Green

message 18: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane | 12761 comments The Promised Land by Grace Ogot The Promised Land by Grace Ogot. (Kenyan author)

message 19: by Katherine (last edited Jun 11, 2017 12:04AM) (new)

Katherine Scholes | 2 comments The Rain Queen by Katherine Scholes