Harry Potter discussion

FanFiction & Other Series > More Fake HP! (Don't look at this if you haven't already read the fake one)

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:09PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Did any body think that the thing with the draught of living death was sick. It almost made me... really sick ;). I just need to talk about it with someone. It really freaked me out. Voldemort is really sick!

message 2: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:09PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Brianna,

I have no clue who wrote it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't J.K. Rowling. Peng sent it to me. I was really hesitant to read it because I thought I'd be betraying the real story. But I started it and it was really pretty good. The real one is tons better. J.K. really did a good job with the real one.
One reason I read it was because I was so sad that the real one was over. I didn't want it to end. Really, the other one isn't really that bad. I'll tell you now though that I am a true Harry Potter fan! I LOVE IT TO DEATH! That is why I had to read what another person thought would happen in seven. They got some things really close too. (It was written before the real one)

message 3: by Michele (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:09PM) (new)

Michele | 20 comments I did think the living death plot it was extremely sadistic. the fake 7 was good - some nice ironic twists although I thought all the snogging and references to shagging was a bit much.

message 4: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:10PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments i read the fake one before the real one because friends of mine have them believing to be the real one. but after just a chapter, i seriously thought it wasn't jk's writing and there were references there at the footnote or something that whoever wrote that is not jk. but like meghan said, the real thing is over and if there are other more fake ones like that i would read it -not to be traitorous to the real ones- but just seeing how others expend theirselves to make an alternate ending. and whoever wrote that fake one wasn't bad at all (except for the romance thingy...). but it was nothing compared to the real thing.

you are bloody right about the draught of living death, meghan. that got me really scared for harry's life. and i so, so hate snape for making him drink that. and i have this like-dislike thing with draco there being good in occlumency but unwilling to help harry. geeezzzzzz!

message 5: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:10PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments J.K. Rowling caught the people who wrote it and they are in for a ruff time!
I also could tell by about the first chapter that it wasn't Joe's writing. The first bit was a lot like it, but it totally changed.
I thought that they based that fake Harry on Daniel Radcliff, if you take my meaning. I also thought that some things in the fake hp were based more on the movies then the other books.

message 6: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:11PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments really, meghan? joe caught the culprit? do you know who they are and what they're in for? yeah, i know what you mean about basing it on daniel radcliff coz that's what i was thinking when i was reading that fake book. that other writer obviously did't know the twist in snape and dumbledore's characters which made the original book so great!

message 7: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:11PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Peng

I don't know how wrote it. I heard it from a bunch of different people, but none of them told me who the people were. Jo is sueing them for millions.

message 8: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:16PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments In the other version did anyone think Petunia was, well, a little crazy? I really like the part when Hermione finds out about the cupboard! That was really funny!

message 9: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:17PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments i think hermione was the one who got crazy there! she and ron are harry's best mates and yet they have no idea what harry really went through with the dursley. do you think jk would allow petunia and vernon to let ron & hermione in their house when they couldn't even tolerate harry in there? i find that scene in the other book lovable as well, vengeance is sweet to the dursleys!

message 10: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:18PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Well I don't think the Dursley would ever let some of "his lot" into the house, but I also don't think that Dudley should be a wizard. It just depends on which version you read I guess, cause i've always wanted to see one of Harry's mates take some anger out on the Dursleys.

message 11: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments well, in the 4th book fred & george had a go with dudley with the ton tongue toffee they were experimenting. i guess that's their way of avenging harry because when they were reprimanded by their parents the twins retorted, "they were starving him!" ^_^ i love the way the weasley love harry!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

before i read the book i did some looking... one website has a direct quote from JK saying that she didn't write the book but she supports this website because she is glad she touched people with the characters so much that she loves that they want to continue the story. she also said no legal action was going to take place and that the fake book 7 was written before the original even hit the stores. i liked the fake one... i liked that harry didn't have to get hit with the killing curse... AGAIN just to get rid of the horcrux. but i get what you all are saying... there is a lot of snogging.

message 13: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:33PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Yeah I saw that quote to, but this one wasn't from one of the websites. The website fanfics have permision, but this ppl didn't. Thats why they got in trouble!

message 14: by Cathy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:35PM) (new)

Cathy | 50 comments I am only to page 301 but i am having a hard time remembering -- maybe someone can tell me?? -- the six horcruxes besides harry are -- diary, ring, cup, locket, and . . . . ???
Is harry a 7th horcrux in this book as well as the real one?
and of course the remaining piece of soul remaining in voldemort.
my husband says the tiara, but us that in this book??? but that still just makes 5 and not 6.
of course it is possible that i am totally insane . ..
and in the REAL hp7 they are the diary, the ring, locket, cup, nagini, tiara, harry, yes????

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

diary, ring, cup, locket, harry, tiara, voldemort

message 16: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:36PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments yeah harry is a horcrux in the fake one too. You got it right.

message 17: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:36PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments in the fake book though, nagini is not included as a horcrux. but hermione was great in making the snitch a horcrux and then harry "threw' (?) it at the veil?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

he didn't throw it.... if you remember when he is talking to his family and friends in his mind dumbledore tells him that he showed Hermione how to jinx it to fly into the veil

message 19: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:39PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments so it's the same book you found in the phoenixsong.net! ok. i won't bother going to that net anymore. do you know if there are anymore fake ones going around? i don't mind reading a long book. it's nice to have someone's mind going through all that trouble to write an alternate one. if we could all join forces and try to write an alternate ending or "the last 19 years" i bet it would be hilarious!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

THAT SOUNDS GREAT!! YOU SHOULD START THAT! You can have everyone write like a paragraph and then we can all work from there! someone needs to start "the last 19 years" ending