Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone discussion

harry potter observations

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Miki (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:13AM) (new)

Miki I like Harry Potter.He is the boy that started playing quidditch. He wears glasses and lives with the Dursleys. His friends are Ron Weasley and Hermoine Granger.His enemy is Draco Malfoy.How come this story never mentioned about the Weasleys,Grangers, Malfoys,Potters, Dursleys and Severus Snape along with his family being related?

Maryscott OConnor It is.

But you have to keep reading.

Keelin wat da hell is up wif da name of dis book ??????

it all rong :O

message 4: by Sunil (new) - added it

Sunil wqe

Sahar Keelin wrote: "wat da hell is up wif da name of dis book ??????

it all rong :O "

what the hell do u mean???

Janeen-san Please don't say the 'H' word...

Kendall Anne Sahar wrote: "Keelin wrote: "wat da hell is up wif da name of dis book ??????

what the hell do u mean???"

What do you mean??

Paula Miki wrote: "How come this story never mentioned about the Weasleys,Grangers, Malfoys,Potters, Dursleys and Severus Snape along with his family being related?".

If I remember correctly, we get hints about how the different families are connected or related to one another thoughout the series. The relationships are somewhat convoluted. I liked that there are very few 'pure blood' magical families. That most of the people of magical leanings are of mixed DNA.

message 9: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Kendall Anne wrote: "Sahar wrote: "Keelin wrote: "wat da hell is up wif da name of dis book ??????

what the hell do u mean???"

What do you mean??"

I think they mean that it is meant to be the 'philosophers stone' as it is known in Britain.

message 10: by Dani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dani Yeah,why is it the philosopher's stone sometimes, and then it's the sorcerer's stone? YOU CAN'T JUST GO ALONG CHANGING BOOK TITLES ALL WILLY-NILLY! YOU JUST DON'T DO THAT, MAN!!!!

Sierra Bookworm☺️♪ i agree. thats just weird. im 13, and i know what a philosopher is, so why not someone else? =D smiles all around!

Robin Maybe the author thought no one in America would know what a Philosopher's Stone is, but we do. Sorceror sounds nicer, though.

Sierra Bookworm☺️♪ poor J.K. =(

Maggi good point

Sierra Bookworm☺️♪ yeah i know id be really freaked out

Maggi ya if u had this huge Harry Potter empire u would not want 2 lose it

message 17: by Natalie loves Orlando Bloom! (last edited Apr 16, 2011 04:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Natalie loves Orlando Bloom! Palice wrote: "The American version is Sorcerer's Stone. I prefer the Philosopher's Stone, you know, because it's actually a known object. The publishers thought that kids would get confused with the whole 'Philo..."i preffer "sorcerers stone".its sounds better, and correct.:p

Sierra Bookworm☺️♪ yeah i prefer Sorcerer's Stone, because i grew up with that title, and it just sounds better in my opinion

Robin Sorceror sounds better, because let's face it, it was sorcery pure and simple. I think Americans don't know what the Philosopher's Stone is.

Robin Either way works, I suppose. More used to Sorcerer's Stone, though.

Robin nice designs, fadhilah!

Robin cute one, also. How did you make the one with message 31, that is adorable. and also message 33.

Robin Thanks, Fadhilah.

Vivian Le You just have to keep on reading......

JuJu W. This was my favorite HP book! I just love Harry Potter and his friends! I will never stop being a fan!

JuJu W. Hehe! :):)

Robin how old is the oldest person in this discussion, may I ask?

Emily just a little info... did you know that her name is really Joanne Rowling? The publishers didn't think that anyone would buy the book if they knew it was written by a girl, so they made her use her first two initials and her last name. However, she didn't have a middle name, so she chose Katherine, after her grandmother. Ya... I had to do a report on her...

Emily Ya... when I found that out I screamed out loud "WHAT!!! EVER HEARD OF A LITTLE THING CALLED GIRL POWER!?!?!!!" My classmates got a kick out of that!

Robin It is like Jane Austen, or the Bronte sisters, at first they were known only as Curer Bell, Acton Bell, and the last one escapes me, they did not want to be seen as women writers in their time as well. With J. K. she may have been doing the same. Once everyone knew it was written by a woman, more power to her.

Robin it's true, look it up.

☆♪Taylor♪☆ Emily wrote: "just a little info... did you know that her name is really Joanne Rowling? The publishers didn't think that anyone would buy the book if they knew it was written by a girl, so they made her use her..."
i thought it was kareen?

Robin yes, it was fadhilah!